It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Missionary Killed by Endangered Tribe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Fishermen who took the man to North Sentinel island say tribespeople shot him with arrows and left his body on the beach. He has been identified as John Allen Chau, a 27 year old from Alabama. Contact with the endangered Andaman tribes living in isolation from the world is illegal because of the risks to them from outside disease. Estimates say the Sentinelese, who are totally cut off from civilisation, number only between 50 and 150.

www.bbc.com...

Looks like this idiot just earned the Darwin Award.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Grik123

The thing I find interesting is they buried him, I suppose this does indeed pre date a lot of our modern beliefs about death and what to do with the body.

Also they chose to bury him where they killed him, or so it seems anyways from my understanding of the articles I've read.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
He caught a severe case of arrowitis.

(post by rollanotherone removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

The thing I find interesting is they buried him, I suppose this does indeed pre date a lot of our modern beliefs about death and what to do with the body.

Also they chose to bury him where they killed him, or so it seems anyways from my understanding of the articles I've read.

They left him on the beach. I didn't read anything about them burying him. Where did you find that info?

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

They tied a rope around his corpse and dragged him away.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Maybe this will do some good and make a few other believers realize that mythical gods don't care enough to protect missionaries while trying to convert people.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Christians need to realize that the only thing that their push to convert every corner of the earth has brought to other cultures is deadly viruses that have devastated communities. And this imbecile may have just done it again. Hopefully he hasn't wiped them out.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Darn let me drudge through my recent articles..

Ok so here is an excerpt from the article:

"On his first day Chau interacted with some tribesmen - who survive by hunting, fishing and collecting wild plants - until they became angry and shot an arrow at him. The 26-year-old self-styled adventurer and Christian missionary then swam back to the fishermen's boat waiting at a safe distance.

That night, he wrote about his visit and left his notes with the fishermen. He returned to North Sentinel the next day, Nov. 16.

What happened then isn't known, but on the morning of the following day, the fishermen watched from the boat as tribesmen dragged Chau's body along the beach and buried his remains."

The article itself ca.news.yahoo.com...
edit on 24-11-2018 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Basically. He was American but could have been any other nationality, still Darwin. He likely believed that his God would pave the way for his ministrations to the heathens and protect him from harm.

There is also a likelihood that this Christian considered his actions to be helping to bring forth the Second Coming of Christ as the Bible says that before Jesus can return all the peoples of the world will have heard the ''Word''. I don't find it hard to believe that this was his plan. Opps.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Not much different than the original disciples of Christ.

Most all, with the exception of John, were cruelly murdered for their evangelizing.

Jesus’s owns words said “ no slave is greater than his master”, meaning many would die horrific deaths such as he would.

There have been many Christians killed in modern times as well, because of their faith.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I’d like to see his notes. Is there anywhere that gives them?

I don’t doubt the guy might have been trying to preach the Word, but the article only says that he may have been doing that.

Preaching the Truth is not necessarily safe, in fact it’s historically dangerous.

In Christ, if he was righteous, he will have everlasting life.

“Darwin award.” Also: “Leave these guys alone because they can’t defend against germs.” Lol.

So many people taking joy in this. Might end up strengthening others’ faith. Praise the Lord.

edit on 11/24/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grik123

Fishermen who took the man to North Sentinel island say tribespeople shot him with arrows and left his body on the beach. He has been identified as John Allen Chau, a 27 year old from Alabama. Contact with the endangered Andaman tribes living in isolation from the world is illegal because of the risks to them from outside disease. Estimates say the Sentinelese, who are totally cut off from civilisation, number only between 50 and 150.

www.bbc.com...

killed an American Citizen??

we must bomb them
now
a lot

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Some people just don't get the consistent message.

No illegal migrants!

Invaders will be shot dead with arrows!

See, no caravans going to that island.
It's a perfect policy.

edit on 24-11-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
That tribe knows what border security is all about.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
Christians need to realize that the only thing that their push to convert every corner of the earth has brought to other cultures is deadly viruses that have devastated communities. And this imbecile may have just done it again. Hopefully he hasn't wiped them out.

Devastating communities IS the agenda. Christianity is simply the guise.
The missionary probably left them some blankets laced with small pox.... and whiskey.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I have already done a thread on this.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

While true, in this case I don't think it was so much because they disagreed with his faith but rather his faith made him blind to reality. In reality he was warned about the dangers. Others had been killed prior to him. But somehow, he believed that this was his mission, he was after all a ''missionary''.

His last words calling for people to not blame anyone from the tribe and that many would think him crazy for disregarding the legal protection of this tribe. Apparently they had shot at him already with an arrow going through his Bible, yet, he returned to try again.

Now in his eyes this was an act of evangelism, bringing the faith of Jesus to a tribe of people who likely don' t even understand a word he had to say, nor he they. So his faith had already pushed him far enough to have been shot at once, but he then was so faithful that he went back and tried again.

He said he didn't want to die. But I think he decided that he wanted to be a martyr .

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

Indeed. Wycliffe Bible Translators and others have gone into Central and South America for over a century trying to spread the word. Learning tribal languages and then serving as intermediaries for corporate America to make inroads into tribal lands, turning them over to the exploitation of corporate rape.

educate-yourself.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I don't know why we just can't leave things alone.
Here is an article from the NYT that, IMO, almost makes the victim sound a little crazy and unstable/unhinged. I wonder if he contracted an illness that led to his, what appears to be, not thinking clearly and rationally.

www.nytimes.com...

"Satan's last strong hold"??!!
Really?!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join