It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton Tells Europe To Curb Immigration And Stop Populism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Well, she is right in this case, though the Brit media is very unhappy with her revelations (as noted below). So, I have to assume there is some disdain for native white working class people in the UK by their media like there is in the US as noted in the Guardian story.

So, what do you think. Is immigration the lone primary driver of Populist wins across the world or a revolt against Authoritarian Leftest Globalism in general in which immigration is just part of the plan to increase voter base?

www.cnbc.com...

"I think Europe needs to get a handle on migration because that is what lit the flame," Clinton tells U.K. newspaper The Guardian. Clinton suggests that immigration was inflaming voters and contributed to the election of President Trump and Britain's vote to leave the EU.

"I admire the very generous and compassionate approaches that were taken particularly by leaders like Angela Merkel, but I think it is fair to say Europe has done its part, and must send a very clear message — 'We are not going to be able to continue provide refuge and support' — because if we don't deal with the migration issue it will continue to roil the body politic."

Now, the Guardian is not so kind to Hillary... doubling down on the Pro-Globalist Immigration Policy

www.theguardian.com...

There is a fundamental error in this thinking. It assumes the results of populist politicking are in fact its sources. Clinton believes she is on to something, but it is offering nothing new. In the past two years accepting the populist version of events and painting the left as out of touch has become a genre of its own, a strain of thought that holds that the success of the immigration rhetoric of populists is organic, inevitable and a “backlash” of some sort, rather than one of several ways that populist politicians build grievance. National populism is thus “unstoppable”, it is the revolt of the “somewheres” against the “anywheres”, “white self-interest”, a “whiteshift”. Clinton’s “beat them at their own game” strategy is the default position on the establishment centre, a capitulation of laziness, defeatism and gullibility.

So much of the failure on immigration is the inability to make a positive case for it. Populist support did not flare up unstoked. It is the result of concerted media and political campaigns that at best were met with the neutral tepid language of “legitimate concerns”. That was what Angela Merkel attempted and for that Hillary Clinton patronises her as if she were a political freshman. Clinton’s logic is that “it is not working”, as opposed to “it is not right”.

This chilling pragmatism exposes at best a lack of core beliefs: political expediency is all that matters and immigration is not the hill to die on. At worst it is a full-throated agreement with populists.

I get it. Defeat is hard. Immigration is low hanging fruit, an easy win. Even those on the left can contort themselves into an anti-immigration position in defence of white working-class populations.

edit on 23-11-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Is immigration the lone primary driver of Populist wins across the world or a revolt against Authoritarian Leftest Globalism in general in which immigration is just part of the plan to increase voter base?

I think it's pretty much immigration that is the main driver , people think their way of life is being threatened and to an extent it is so they turn to those who offer salvation , even if they are probably the wrong people to run the country in general.
edit on 23-11-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hillary being racist... I AM SHOCKED!

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
So she thinks Europe should be tougher on immigration?

Really but Trump being tough on it is racist?

AYFKM? They dont even care how big of hypocrites they are anymore.

Orange man bad REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Mid terms are over.
Where’s the caravan?

Get ready for new talking points. They’ll bring up racist immigration policy at a later and more convenient time... for now it’s all Attorny Generals, press passes and turkey pardons.

This article to me just shows the extent of the “ pro immigration” agenda they are pushing. Senseless immigration.

Even Hillary is fare game if she goes out of step.

a reply to: notsure1

edit on 23-11-2018 by SteamyJeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
Mid terms are over.
Where’s the caravan?

Get ready for new talking points. They’ll bring up racist immigration policy at a later and more convenient time... for now it’s all Attorny Generals, press passes and turkey pardons.

This article to me just shows the extent of the “ pro immigration” agenda they are pushing. Senseless immigration.

Even Hillary is fare game if she goes out of step.

Where's the caravan?

The tip of the spear has already arrived at the U.S. border.......
Migrant caravan: First Central Americans arrive at the US-Mexico border

Why do you ask? Don't you follow the news on this topic, or are you sitting there with a blindfold on and fingers in your ears screaming, reeeeeeeeeeeeee?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Or is the guardian being mysoginist? Anyone who doesn’t agree with Hillary in America, only did so because she was a women. Like people only didn’t agree with Obama was racist

Maybe because the population is like, we don’t want open boarders. The governement said, ok we heard yah, so we are giving you more foreigners, who want what you have but they don’t want to do what you did to get it

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hill Dawg might have won the last election if she ran on that logic.

Frightening.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Europe to Hillary: Go pound sand.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
WTF? Is she schizophrenic? (Coming from someone who is bipolar with psychotic tendencies)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Whoa....Hillary is right about something? It's hard to believe. But now she is trying to blame Trump's win on this Immigration movement. Right answer, wrong way of figuring it out.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
Hillary being racist... I AM SHOCKED!

She carries hot sauce along with a cloth. Didn't you know?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Whoa....Hillary is right about something? It's hard to believe. But now she is trying to blame Trump's win on this Immigration movement. Right answer, wrong way of figuring it out.

Only a matter of time now before Trump and Clinton go public with how they've been working together the entire time to expose how divided the U.S. is (all at everyone else's expense, of course).

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I don't know what is stupider:
People believing that Hillary really believes this
People thinking that this is going to be her new position in 2020

Hillary will say whatever the population wants to hear (or at least what she thinks they want to hear) to get votes. Then much like her friend John McCain did, will just do whatever she wants. Right now she see's being pro-American as a way of winning votes so of course she is going to state these things. If everyone really felt sorry for the people in the caravan, then she would have a different message. I think a lot of people here (both pro and anti Hillary supporters) would agree that what she is saying is more about politics then the human condition or nationalism.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

People have no idea what they were voting for in 2016. 90% of Hillary haters have no idea what her policies were, and guess what it was to tighten boarder security and focus more on keeping families together. Well look at this, she comes out and says this and oh my God! Peoples heads explode.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Holy moly, I agree with Clindung. I may be an imposter.

Really, she advocated for open borders. It's not popular and loses elections so the tune changes. Figures.

She is a Waging tail. All BS.
edit on 11 23 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
At the debates she clearly stated that she wanted open boarders from here to Brazil. That doesn't sound very boarder securityish to me. Though you are right if you wanted to hear about her policies during the election you either had to pay for her book, or pay even more to attend a close door speech of hers. Other then those two options you only got second hand talk about her policies.

She had some great minds working with her on her campaign, but her problem was that "she knew best" and tossed many of the ideas aside (Like Bill saying to win over the heartland) Again though, as I have said before, Hillary is really smart. She also is very lazy when it comes to following through with her ideas, and literally believes that if she does part of it everyone else has the duty to finish it for her (even if she never tells them what it is she wants) It's always been her problem and most likely always will.

***EDITED DUE TO LATE RESPONCE***

originally posted by: tadaman

She is a Waging tail.

Gross
edit on 23-11-2018 by Guyfriday because: Prediction of the future

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
Hill Dawg might have won the last election if she ran on that logic.

Frightening.

It is frightening, the pied piper story has far more relevance than many realize.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

edit on 23-11-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

She did run off that platform to have immigration reform and be a little more tough. But people were to focused on partisan politics to even notice.
Meme war won trump the election, no joke.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join