It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pop up cookies permissions banner restricting access

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I have started getting a persistent pop up banner that says
We need ads to run our sit, and then it gives options to allow or not allow all the hundreds of companies you share all our personal and browsing and technical data with, and considering this is a conspiracy type site, does seem rather big brotherish to be sharing all our data like that.

Anyway, after setting the options to allow or not allow these third party sites access to my data, I click on the continue to sit button thinking that it is all sorted. Unfortunately every time I load a different page, within the same thread or go to a different thread or go back to a previous page with the back arrow, the banner pop up obscures access until I click continue to site again.

This is making navigation of ATS almost impossible. Can you do anything about this?
edit on 20-11-2018 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
That happened to me some days ago, but after saving my choices I didn't see it again.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
I have started getting a persistent pop up banner that says
We need ads to run our sit, and then it gives options to allow or not allow all the hundreds of companies you share all our personal and browsing and technical data with, and considering this is a conspiracy type site, does seem rather big brotherish to be sharing all our data like that.

Anyway, after setting the options to allow or not allow these third party sites access to my data, I click on the continue to sit button thinking that it is all sorted. Unfortunately every time I load a different page, within the same thread or go to a different thread or go back to a previous page with the back arrow, the banner pop up obscures access until I click continue to site again.

This is making navigation of ATS almost impossible. Can you do anything about this?

It's you. Not us all. Something on your end...300,000 membership has no such issues...and it's been addressed in the BOARD forum by owner and mods.

Zero issues here-4+ different devices...and 2 at work-zero issues.

Good luck...it's you and ATS...not ATS TO all quarter+million members.

Visit BOARD, and good luck!

edit on 20-11-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP
So is there a specific save your choices button that I have missed? Does the continue to website green button not save your choices?

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Could you help me out with a link to that thread? Every time I open a page the pop up comes up, makes trying to find the correct thread really difficult and frustrating. Thing is it was all ok this morning when I was here, and this is the only web site I am having this problem with.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Could you help me out with a link to that thread? Every time I open a page the pop up comes up, makes trying to find the correct thread really difficult and frustrating. Thing is it was all ok this morning when I was here, and this is the only web site I am having this problem with.

log out, sign back in ...look for threads by owner Skeptic Overlord, and Springer by clicking their names or opening BOARD FORUM

*MODS? Please direct this member to location links? I cannot from here. Thanks

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

I don't really remember, I see so many pages like that I may be confusing it with another case.

I'll check.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I tried it again and got this:

First, the "Ads help run this site" screen

After clicking on "Show Details" I got this:

After clicking on "Learn More and Set Preferences" I got this:

I clicked once on the "Allow All" button and nothing happened (as expected, as they were all already selected), clicking a second time I got this:

Then I clicked on the "Continue to Site" link and everything worked as expected.

If after doing this you see the "Ads help run this site" screen whenever you change page on ATS the I suppose there's something blocking the cookie used by that screen (that, as far as I know, is sent by the ads provider) to mark your option, so when it doesn't find it it "thinks" you haven't made your choice and shows that screen again.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
and

Thank you both for your replies and help. I had tried the log out login etc but that didn't do anything. I tried a different browser on my ipad, still didn't do anything. I got all the same screens as you ArMaP but when I clicked on 'continue' and changed page, it popped up again.

I am currently on my pc, and this time it worked! So something has changed on my ipad between the morning and the evening when I went back on it. Pffffffffffffffff, now that is the mystery, especially as it happened in both Chrome and Safari, so doesn't seem to be a browser setting thing (at least I don't think so). Will now need to investigate other settings on my ipad or there will be no more reading ATS when going to bed at night or before getting up in the morning (which is my usual time for catching up)...... sigh!

Thanks again for the advice.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

and

Thank you both for your replies and help. I had tried the log out login etc but that didn't do anything. I tried a different browser on my ipad, still didn't do anything. I got all the same screens as you ArMaP but when I clicked on 'continue' and changed page, it popped up again.

I am currently on my pc, and this time it worked! So something has changed on my ipad between the morning and the evening when I went back on it. Pffffffffffffffff, now that is the mystery, especially as it happened in both Chrome and Safari, so doesn't seem to be a browser setting thing (at least I don't think so). Will now need to investigate other settings on my ipad or there will be no more reading ATS when going to bed at night or before getting up in the morning (which is my usual time for catching up)...... sigh!

Thanks again for the advice.

That's all I've tried to convey...and misunderstood by some.

We've all have so many combinations of things!

This is why when someone "blames and tells ATS to fix it"...they don't realize that post is being read problem-free by the majority of members! Therefore...!

Thanks, God bless and Happy Holidays!

M.S.
edit on 22-11-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
That's all I've tried to convey...and misunderstood by some.

I think that's because you always say that and do not offer any solution to the problem people are asking about, so a different approach may give better results.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I've tried...! Do we have any single suggestion to equally affect results w all the different setting and devices?

If ATS could just flip a single switch to instantly correct any and all issues...while not adversely affect those who have none...then why isn't it done?

I know the answer and if it could be explained better? I would try! So, this is one I'm giving up on.

Thanks ArMaP for your reply...and thanks for all you mods do for us!

Peace!
edit on 22-11-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I've tried...! Do we have any single suggestion to equally affect results w all the different setting and devices?

Useful suggestions? I don't think so, we need to know what the problem really is to be able to present a suggestion.
At least that's how I do it.

If ATS could just flip a single switch to instantly correct any and all issues...while not adversely affect those who have none...then why isn't it done?

In many cases of things not working on ATS the source of the problem is out of ATS' hands, like in this case, that screen (as far as I know) is from one of the ads provider, like the hidden div that was blocking part of the buttons and menus until a few days ago.

Peace!

You're welcome.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Useful suggestions? I don't think so, we need to know what the problem really is to be able to present a suggestion.
At least that's how I do it.

In many cases of things not working on ATS the source of the problem is out of ATS' hands, like in this case, that screen (as far as I know) is from one of the ads provider, like the hidden div that was blocking part of the buttons and menus until a few days ago.

Peace!

You're welcome.

Thank you for placing things in perspective..I couldn't.

Was only stressing the minority of those with issues of any kind...should reflect on why it's not every single member.

That question and possible resolutions for those who do have them are available and on file here in ATS...if they'd just look.

Thank you for clarifying and confirming these points....and as stated, I'm done trying to help those who blame the site. Any site....

Peace, and thanks again..

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

300,000 membership has no such issues

You had time to ask all 300,000 members if they had any issues?

and it's been addressed in the BOARD forum by owner and mods.

Why would the owner amd mods address something if "no such issue" was ever experienced by any of the other 300,000 members?

Oh look, Armap had the same issue just a couple of days ago. I guess you were wrong? Its Not "just CMythos"?
edit on 11/24/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I'm done trying to help those who blame the site. 

Asking questions and explaining your situation is "blaming the site"?

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Wow 4+ devices plus 2 at work, all working with Zero problem, and you cant leave a link?

Edit- here it is in case anyone needs it
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11/24/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

They addressed it because of members as yourself who won't look up resolution prev. discussed here

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

nope...

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Wow 4+ devices plus 2 at work, all working with Zero problem, and you cant leave a link?

Edit- here it is in case anyone needs it
www.abovetopsecret.com...

see...all that I said...came from the questioned asked and answered, not by me...

The different "devices" stresses the point that if all never have issues...then I'm not the only one.

Last suggestion: and this one is mine: get 3-4 of your friends to all come here at ATS at same time...see if each has the same issues loading and navigating...If NOT...?

ETA: Sarcasm achieves nothing.
Peace..

top topics

join