It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edamame beans.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
So I discovered this thing called "Edamame" beans.
My new favorite snack.
But oh, the horror, I just read they are actually soy beans (in fact very healthy by all accounts).
But what of the female hormones?
Does this mean I'm gonna turn into a chick?
Not a train-smash if I do, but I'd prefer to stay a dude.

en.wikipedia.org...

I like them just cooked with some salt, and another bowl for the pulp from the inedible shells.
How else would one cook them?

edit on 20-11-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

i use them in salads and stir fry - nom nom

if i turn female - at least i will be a well fed yyoung lady

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I've been feeling a bit emotional lately, and I tear up when I think of Steel Magnolias and Thelma and Louise.

Usually that only happens to me when I think of Saving Private Ryan and Platoon.

I hope it's not the female hormones in the soy affecting me.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
They are great, especially if you want your great grandkids to have a hairy mouth.

www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com...

Most disgustingly, the third generation of hamsters raised on GMO soy developed unnatural and profuse hair growth in their mouths

No seriously, I would not eat them, they are gmo and serious hormone disruptors. Don't chance it.
Also, when I was growing up, we ate soy when we wanted to gain weight. I alway thought it was interesting that white people eat soy/tofu when they wanted to lose weight.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Edamame beans eaters, like you is why Eastern Michigan had to ban the Vagina Monologues

Because not all Vaginas belong to women

maybe there should be a tax payer study regarding edamame and vaginas....

#stopthehate

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Edamame beans eaters, like you is why Eastern Michigan had to ban the Vagina Monologues

Didn't it turn frogs gay too?

/s
edit on 20-11-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Couldn't they have a "Vagina Dialogue"?
For example:

"How are you?
I met someone the other day.
Really?
Yeah, he was a douchebag.
Typical.
Let's go out for cocktails and edamame beans.
Whoo -hooo!"

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
So I discovered this thing called "Edamame" beans.
My new favorite snack.
But oh, the horror, I just read they are actually soy beans (in fact very healthy by all accounts).
Not a train-smash if I do, but I'd prefer to stay a dude.

en.wikipedia.org...

I like them just cooked with some salt, and another bowl for the pulp from the inedible shells.
How else would one cook them?

Ummm...Eatamommie beans...?

Maybe that's where the female hormones are coming from...?

YouSir

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman

oh, the horror, I just read they are actually soy beans (in fact very healthy by all accounts).

Ummm...well...your already halfoldman...perhaps the other half is...halfoldwoman...

If you go full Monte...then we might have to call you holeoldwoman...and send you a pussy hat...

For those extra special occasions when that outie becomes an innie...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
My wife makes an excellent risotto (which I never thought I'd like) with edamame, parmesan, and shrimp. She uses a white wine like a chablis. I can seriously devour it as a main course, but it works great as a side with roast chicken.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
You see people, one small bowl of these beans and a couple of drinks, and already you're a Mr. "has" Bean to the brotherhood.

Sigh ...

I guess they make the gas go upwards into your head, rather than downwards - like the beans men musically enjoy.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I love them and put them in everything!
In fact - I am eating a container of them right now
Hashtag Vegan Athlete!

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
oh joy - the anti GMO idiots have arrived

killer question :

why are GMO foods " bad " ?

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

killer question :

Some of the nutrition has changed for higher yield. Corn in particular has been made sweeter (more carbs).

I think the effects on health are minuscule and easy to mitigate, however there are some dangers past health.

Taking away biodiversity sets the crops up to be susceptible to wide spread devastation from disease. It also effects different biomes by taking out native plants and replacing them with not only non native, but new plants.

They're also seeing that they are having widespread impact on honey bee populations, which could cause serious problems.

All that said, like anything, moderation can probably make it an alright thing.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

killer question :

funny someone that calls themselves ignorant_ape calling others idiots.

Here's why GMO foods are "bad" or questionable.

#1 not enough long term studies have been done showing the effects

More than 80% of all genetically modified crops grown worldwide have been engineered for herbicide tolerance.5 As a result, the use of toxic herbicides, such as Roundup®, has increased fifteenfold since GMOs were first introduced.
Mmmmmm more roundup for everyone is alway a good thing right?

This creates combinations of plant, animal, bacteria, and virus genes that do not occur in nature or through traditional crossbreeding methods.

www.nongmoproject.org...

You may not be old enough to remember, but there was a time when they said that Cigarettes would help you breathe. We know better than that now. I could give hundreds of examples like this. I'm sure there were people that questioned cigarettes back then too, and people probably called them idiots. The fact is GMO is a serious enough thing that is outright banned in many areas.

edit on 20-11-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'll skip the Edamame beans, I would rather eat cooked green beans anyday. I have had Edamame beans and do not really care for them much. They are edible but I would never buy them unless I did not know they were in something I bought.

I am not a fan of anything soy. I do use kikkomans soy sauce sparingly though.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

one trillion meals study :

source

discus

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'll skip the Edamame beans, I would rather eat cooked green beans anyday. I have had Edamame beans and do not really care for them much. They are edible but I would never buy them unless I did not know they were in something I bought.

I am not a fan of anything soy. I do use kikkomans soy sauce sparingly though.

I can't stand the texture of edamame, btw soy sauce is perfectly fine because it is fermented so it does not have the ill effects of other soy, but it is high in sodium.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

one trillion meals study :

source

discus

"independent study" hmmm who could be sponsoring that.... hmmmm

There are 60 pages of info in the document, and the figures are almost entirely about things not related to animal health (corn imports/exports by country, market share of various crops, and so forth). I don't see any figures that compare animals from farms feeding non-GMO and those feeding GMO of the same type. This isn't scientific at all: they are comparing Organic and non-Organic farms, on the assumption that farms not raising animals for the Organic market will be using GMO feed

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

i ask again - why are GMO foods " bad " ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join