It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kudos to the animation department at ABC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
During the Peter Jennings special 'Seeing is Believe' I was amazed by the quality of the animated segments that appeared within the report. The glare from the UFO's reflecting off the dusty windshields were perfect.

Did anyone else catch this? If there wasn't an 'Animation' caption at the bottom of the screen, I would have believed it was the most compelling video evidence to date.

Animation department, If you're reading this, Good Job

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Uhm, they didn't look THAT good. They actually looked like they were thrown together rather quickly to me.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sickaluph
Uhm, they didn't look THAT good. They actually looked like they were thrown together rather quickly to me.

I was pretty impressed by the football size triangle that was depicted in the sky. Which animation are you talking about?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I tell you what, the animations simulating looking out the window of a plane as a UFO flew by looked pretty damn real to me. At first I thought it was new video footage I had never seen before. The rest of the animation was OK I guess.

Peace

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The quality of the animation was decent.

I was actually more happy with their decision to even do CGI depictions of the UFO sightings. This allowed them to take the witness descriptions and create a video that was as close as possible to what they saw. Did a good job of telling the story, especially with the cases that had no video footage.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It wasn't too bad, but overall, the entire show was no different than any of the others that I have seen.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Most likely the reason why they didn't use real UFO footage was because of licensing rights. Fox and Discovery probably own the rights to most UFO footage. Watching the special was the first time I had seen the video of the Phoenix lights. My wife said "oh my god" out loud
. Did anyone see the Phoenix lights on CNN when it happened?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Did anyone see the Phoenix lights on CNN when it happened?

You know what's ironic, I was in Tucson driving to Phoenix when the lights happened. I didn't pay attention to the night sky, just was focused on not getting pulled over with my expired license.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
For me that was the problem - animation. Nothing wrong with the quality as you express but, just the fact it was not necessary. There are hundreds of great videos out there with multiple witnesses that were not used.

For me that took a lot of the glow out of the show. The 'expert' guy star watcher ex military man with the heavy glasses debunker (Phil Klaas's apprentice).

This guy was the man trying to slash and burn the Bentwaters/Rendlsham 1980 incident witnessed by then, now retired, deputy Base commander C. Halt and Sgt J. Penniston on an A&E presentation.
The guy was trying to tell the viewers the Airforce men were seeing stars and the flash of a lighthouse.

But at least Jenning's may have opened the door for other major Networks to spend some money, produce and air more ufological productions in near future.

Dallas

top topics

join