It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The Who? No. The Hu.

If you like throat singing, primal feelings, images of plains and have dreams of riding horseback and pillaging, looting and in general just being a wild one...This might be for you.

I love the way they mix traditional instruments with hard rhythms and that bad-ass throat singing (I still want to know how that works.)

Let me know what you think...

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Frikkin Awesome. The voice, the main guy with the gravel in his throat, wow. Reminds me of old blues singer Tom Waits who also used that growl in his stuff. And the music itself, strong beat reminding me of Steppinwolf and ZZ Top.

I never heard these guys before but that was a gas. I love this ''tribal'' kind of music. The constant drone running throughout with that heart pounding beat. Trance stuff that. Stuff to get lost in.

Thanks so much. Now back to the second video.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Glad you enjoyed it...Something so primal about the throat singing and the rhythms.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Not my cup of tea, but interesting none the less.

A nice blend, evocative and good musicianship.

Now they need a couple of hits.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Primal, that's the word I was looking for. And primal lyrics as well, calling for the ancient power to come forth. Good stuff.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Look up Mongolian Throat singing.

And S&F to the OP!

Gonna go through their playlist today... love the fusion of tribal and electric.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Thanks, got it though. I first found throat singing back when. There was this jazz singer, Leon Thomas I think, used to sing with Pharoh Sanders and he did some of this.

Here is another style of throat singing from Scandinavia. This guy bases much of his music on the tonal scale of the Alpine Alphorn. To the throat singing he adds Scandinavian yodeling. When he does the throat singing, he moves his hands around the front of his mouth to modulate the tones emitted. Kind of like when a blues harmonica player cups the harp with his hands for modulation. Quite fascinating.

Once we get past the culture of POP that is foist upon us there is a plethora of far out experimental musics going on. All the artists that will NEVER make big money at it. Seems to me that once an artist becomes famous enough to sell out large audiences, the demand to do what they have already done over and over is so great that most pop artists just quit creating new things.

The cross cultural experimenting that is all around us now never makes it to the play lists and people never get to see or hear the incredible stuff that is around.

Most people are turned off by this stuff and certainly I cannot handle it as a steady diet. But every couple of years or so I like to pull it out to remind myself what a truly diverse and creative world we live in.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You may enjoy this documentary.

edit on 17-11-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Correct that's Mongolian Throat Singing and a folk custom up in them thar parts.

Try these guys, I know the singer...

Tengger Cavalry

edit on 18-11-2018 by SpartanStoic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

That was awesome! I always liked the throat singing. Years back I heard somebody mixing throat singing with Iron Man.

edit on 18-11-2018 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Thanks, checking them out now. I love the way that folk sounds and metal seem to mix well in this genre.

join