It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Love My Two Rescue Dogs And Can't Believe This Horrible Story On Dog Cruelty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I'm a 57 year old guy with anxiety and anger issues, who had been taking Paxil for nearly 10 years, when my family adopted two rescue dogs. One was an abused pit bull mix, who was chained to a fence post in Kentucky as a puppy, the other a dachshund/beagle mix, who showers everyone he meets with a wag of the tail and sloppy kisses. I was able to get off Paxil, thanks to my dogs, who shower me with unconditional love each day...because of them, I'm a less anxious, more calm and happy person. With that being said, I understand dog ownership is not for everyone. It does take some work training them, cleaning up their messes (both inside and outside) and tolerating their barking, shedding and occasional mishaps inside the home. Dog owners do this because of the bond that's forged between them and the dog. We love them, because they love us and we treat them like special members of our families.

When I read an article involving dog cruelty, I cringe and I get pissed. People who do this sort of thing do it because they're sadistic, evil POS's! Like I stated, either you're a dog lover or you're not. The people who are caught committing these horrific acts of negligence, sometimes state that they were simply too "overwhelmed" to take proper care of their dogs. If you were so damn "overwhelmed," why continue to take in dogs that you can't take care of? I'm convinced that many of these people do it because they want to inflict harm and torture dogs, because they get off on it. They're either sick in the head or just plain evil, if they're able to tolerate living with piles of feces, the stench of urine and the decay of rotten corpses around them. Why the f##k would anyone, other than an evil POS, package their dead dogs in plastic bags and store them in a freezer? This story infuriated me and it happens way to often around the country.

State police arrested a New Jersey woman after they reportedly uncovered 44 dead dogs in her home and 130 others living in "deplorable" conditions on her property.

Investigators were inspecting the Shamong Township home of Donna Roberts, 65, Tuesday when they said they made the gruesome discovery.

Detectives found "evidence of animal cruelty inflicted upon various breeds of dogs on the property," New Jersey State Police wrote in a Facebook post Wednesday. "The odor of animal feces and ammonia permeated the inside of the residence, which caused several of the responders to experience dizziness and nausea."

Police found dead dogs "packaged in plastic bags and stored in freezers throughout" Roberts' property, New Jersey State Police Col. Patrick Callahan said.

"Although the circumstances surrounding the demise of the 44 dogs that were discovered inside plastic bags in freezers remain under investigation, the deplorable and inhumane living conditions the rescued dogs were forced to endure is tragic," Callahan said. "Troopers take an oath to protect and safeguard life, including the lives and well-being of pets, which can be vulnerable to abuse."

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Yup.. animals have few rights and many people treat them like trash. Dogs require a lot and many people don't understand that.

Careful of buying a dog that was got through a puppy mill.

You think this is bad? Remember that pigs are a bit smarter than dogs, have personality and high social skills (for an animal). Yet, their treatement inside factory farms are just as cruel as this lady with her dogs.

I feel for these dogs, but we as a society we need to view all animals. Not just dogs.

Why? Because the morality of treating a dog properly should apply to all intelligent animals. If you single out dogs and say dogs are only worth our protection then your moral argument relies on emotion and bias.

Treat all animals right...
edit on 14-11-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
When I read/hear someone qualify their pet/dog ownership with “it’s a rescue”, I cringe.

Sounds like the woman is a hoarder and — in all likelihood — her mental faculties aren’t up-to-snuff...I’m sure it was cruel to some degree, but there are legit cases of animal cruelty resulting from malice and not some mental incapacity.

What were the authorities there for in the first place? Did it have anything to do with the 130 live dogs? I can’t imagine residential zoning would allow for that many animals...New Jersey doesn’t strike me as the same as Northern Alabama but maybe she could indeed have this many animals.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

There was a case of animal hoarding near me.

Now here is the crazy part, the animals were very very well taken care of, all the cages were spotless and
animals healthy and well fed. They took them all to a shelter that actually isn't that great.
I had a lot of mixed feelings about that one.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
We just got a news report today of a hoarding case in a nearby county, 100+ #zu, 4-5 per crate, some in house. Repeat offender from 2 years ago, off to mental services then, off to mental health services this time.

Local vets, groomers, shelters all pitching in for cleaning, healthcare, lodging.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cravens
When I read/hear someone qualify their pet/dog ownership with “it’s a rescue”, I cringe.

Sounds like the woman is a hoarder and — in all likelihood — her mental faculties aren’t up-to-snuff...I’m sure it was cruel to some degree, but there are legit cases of animal cruelty resulting from malice and not some mental incapacity.

What were the authorities there for in the first place? Did it have anything to do with the 130 live dogs? I can’t imagine residential zoning would allow for that many animals...New Jersey doesn’t strike me as the same as Northern Alabama but maybe she could indeed have this many animals.

My dogs, all through my life life, have been rescues. Currently have a 4 year old and a 1 year old Staffordshire mixes...4 year old (had since 1) mix with lab, bulldog, 1 year old mix with Siberian husky, rottweiler, GSD, and Great Pyrenees (both pets run through Embark dog DNA, mainly to test for potential health issues, breed breakout a bonus). They’re really quite comical, oldest an eeyore personality, youngest a Tasmanian devil!

Not sure why you cringe about people adopting (rescuing) shelter dogs?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

#MeToo
#RosieTheMeatball
#TTthePitWeenie
#LolaBear (she’s the one we tried having both knees replaced — short and long of it is, I promised the better half “we’d do whatever” and was left holding the bag once pet insurance considered it a congenital condition)

I never once said anything about cringing, when abandoned/neglected/etc animals are rescued; I cringe when people feel it necessary to preface the conversation with that information. Why qualify your pet ownership with that information? It doesn’t make the Rhodesian Ridgeback I have any more (or less) valuable, does it? Or does the Ridgeback, when being brought in conversation, need to be qualified with “I paid $2k for him”? It’s nasueating to me.

#SouthoftheBully

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Cravens

Why qualify your pet ownership with that information?

Well, why not? Sounds you have a bone to pick with people who would rather adopt rescues, instead of buying from some shady breeder or spending $2K on a Rhodesian Ridgeback, whatever the f##k that is. My wife and I will continue to adopt rescues, because many of them have been neglected or abandoned by their owners. Why even bring this up in the first place and why get so triggered by it? What a STUPID comment even to make.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Sadly, I’m gonna qualify your post with a response *sad face*: do you have a reading comprehension problem or just an anger problem?

I encourage adoption. Hell, I’ve done it on my own time and dime.

Again, sadly, I’m not surprised by your inability to recognize this as case of hoarding and someone — in all likelihood — who is very unhappy. Not some John Wayne Gacy-type of the dog world...

But just as a reminder: we’re sporting 3 rescues and one purebred.

Peace in the Middle East.

top topics

join