It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds Sing The Praises of the End of WWI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I stumbled upon a video today of what it sounded like during the last minute of WWI. It's most definitely erie and sad, but at the end, the sound of hope? Listen carefully.

This very short video made me think a bit about what it would have been like had I been there, though I likely couldn't imagine the toll it played against the lives of all involved.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

What do you think the relevance of the birds chirping is? Do you think they are aware that a war had ended?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Can't say honestly. It could be just that the birds heard the silence and did their thing. It could be that the explosions drowned out the birds but I would be surprised that the birds weren't scared away. In all that, I'm just as surprised that the birds were even there. I'd say that this was recorded some distance away where there might have been unstartled birds but the explosions are very loud and wouldn't seem to be the case.

Perhaps the birds were added to give the impression of peace.

or... perhaps it's a bit spiritual or maybe birds have an awareness of what was happening.

*Shrugs* I couldn't say honestly. It is pretty neat though.

What do you think?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

It probably has more to do with the automatic gain and compression applied to the audio.

Most pre-digital media had very limited dynamic range and so the electronics and sometimes the physics of the media itself compressed as much as could be gathered into that small range.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I wonder how they picked out the birds from seismic activity?
Perhaps the birds where added....

new topics

top topics

join