It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell Me What I Am

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I removed my ear from the ground years ago because it became apparent that the world wasn't interested in being fixed - by that I mean, no amount of activism will really mend the social divides we embrace as normality. Right vs left. It seems you can't hold beliefs from both sides without being ostracized by both sides. I have my own set of beliefs, but since I'm neither Liberal nor Conservative, I have no idea what to call myself. Libertarian? I dunno.

Here we go;

Thoughts on abortion: For careless individuals, no. For victims of rape, yes.

Thoughts on gun control: We don't need gun control. At least, not more than we already have. Speaking as someone who grew up in and out of mental institutions, I know full well that this country (like many others) is poorly equipped to deal with mental disorders, and often times, people like me are left to their own devices. No, guns don't need to be controlled - the people we trust to wield them need to be fixed. The right to bear arms is what keeps America somewhat free. We have the right to keep that right.

Thoughts on antidepressants: No thanks. I know firsthand how awful their side-effects can be. For some people, mind-altering medication is helpful - I fully acknowledge that. But does it solve all problems? Does it fix everyone who has a broken mind? Hell no. These types of medications are over-diagnosed. I don't believe they should be trashed, but I also don't believe they should be used as much as they are currently. I believe people need to be more carefully analyzed before being administered a drug that will alter their mind.

Thoughts on gay marriage: I don't care. Do you.

Thoughts on political correctness: There's no such thing. The real world is dirty and raunchy, get over it, stop trying to gloss over it with fake rules of a flimsy childish sense of morality.

Thoughts on feminism: It would be a nice idea if so many idiot women didn't go around throwing chemicals at men on buses for 'manspreading.' As a woman, I think we'd do better for the cause of equality if so many of us didn't present ourselves as self-obsessed morons.

Thoughts on transgenders: I don't care, do you. Just don't get pissy with me if I f*ck up the pronouns. I'm not responsible for your self-image.

Thoughts on religion: Don't care, do you.

So, what am I? Liberal? Conservative? I honestly can't tell.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I can't tell you what you are, but to me, you're very sane sounding, I agree with most of what you just said.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: XxKonspiracyxX

Animal, vegetable, mineral?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Sounds like you're political non-binary to me.

BTW, I loved this part:

I removed my ear from the ground years ago because it became apparent that the world wasn't interested in being fixed - by that I mean, no amount of activism will really mend the social divides we embrace as normality.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You are what is commonly referred to as “human” and seem to be a sane one. Which is saying a lot considering all the fart knockers in the world.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I think we may share a label, just not sure what it is either.

I took several of those online test. All four of them labelled me as a Centrist.

Not sure , I trust the results though.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I think you are what they refer to as: "The Silent Majority"

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This is the problem with blanket terms like liberal conservative right left libertarian ect. the fact that humans are complex and have a wide range of opinions on different subjects and a catch all term doesn't cover those nuances.

It doesn't help also that all the above terms are defined differently depending on who you speak too and there seems to be no universal common agreement on what they mean.

I for one have settled on the term of being Politically Agnostic for myself I think for the time being it suits me until I come across a better concept.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'd call you a realist. Drugs don't work for the long run. My sister has been in and out of treatment her entire life and her only hope is if she ever wakes up to reality and accepts it.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
" I'm not responsible for your self-image.
"

That statement is the most profound thing. You win the internet today.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Well said! "Politically Agnostic", I like that. It's rather unfortunate there's not much of a place for those of us who don't fit a molded label. I feel you're mostly forced into showing a side to debate in politics. In my experience, if you don't show a side-well, because you don't have one!-, someone will pick the side for you, often their enemy side. It's very tiring really.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Do like Prince did, create a symbol for yourself, because you define definition.

Now, here's the rub........ most of the rest of us do also, because very few people fit neatly into the pre-arranged little boxes which identify political affiliation.

That said, if a political compass is important to you -- or you just want to have fun with getting to know a little more about yourself as viewed through someone else's lens (I did!) here is a site that asks you questions and uses various algorithms to determine your particular political compass. According to this site, I am a left-of-center libertarian. That works for me.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

You're pretty close to me.

I am discovering that because I tend to vote conservative/libertarian for reason of not having to surrender ever large portions of my paycheck and .... not being crazy, that I am a racist white woman.

Yes, apparently because white women split their votes about 50/50 between progressives and Republicans, all white women are now racist and secretly White Supremacist.

I find this ironic because

This Women's March Tweet supposedly shows how unracist they are or something ... What it shows instead is that they're a bunch of dumb cows in a herd who don't bother to think for themselves.

Sorry. I didn't mean to get ranty, but this thing actually does have me pretty effing triggered. I despise people like this think that because they vote in a some kind of moralistic herd, they're better than anyone else.

They can take their womyn thing and stick it where the sun don't shine.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Few actually fit into the binary political world we endure in America. The best we can do is make the best choices for ourselves, out friends and our families.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Your a paid shill for the elite. How do I know? Because your playing the apathy card. The purpose has the same mindset as
Satanists pretending to be athiests when all along they worship the Baphomet. Also your avatar message says Town of the dead inside.
Satanists always make references to being dead.

edit on 8-11-2018 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Watch what you say, or they'll be calling you a radical

A liberal

Oh, fanatical, criminal

Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable

Respectable,

Oh, presentable, ...

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'm not sure what you are. But I like the fact, that I can find other women here at this site, that have common sense, and don't buy the BS by doing what we are told we should do, in this current climate, just because we are female. I'm not going to follow the herd to crazy town.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I'm not responsible for your self-image.

Ironic statement, given the premise of your thread.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Excellent points all around! I was expecting a bit more negativity, to be honest. Thank God that didn't happen. Got a splitting headache...

I love reading from so many people's POV. It's honestly quite enlightening, especially considering how I just spent the last five hours beta testing Fallout 76 with my favorite youtuber. Dude's name is AlChestBreach. He ended up finding a dress... see?

But I digress. It seems we can all agree that the disagreement it a loud ruling minority, and while we have them outnumbered, they have us... out-obnoxiousified?

They're louder than us and they pitch a fit better than us. Therefore, they get their voices heard more, and society continues to degenerate. This is why I write apocalypse stories - there's no time and no room for any of this squabbling. You live or die. You trust or you don't. You protect or you betray. It's much cleaner and much more real than the world we live in now.

Also...

@AthlonSavage

Your a paid shill for the elite. How do I know? Because your playing the apathy card. The purpose has the same mindset as Satanists pretending to be athiests when all along they worship the Baphomet. Also your avatar message says Town of the dead inside. Satanists always make references to being dead.

I tried through the majority of my teen years to make a difference, and I have never once given in to apathy despite my spirit being broken. I simply learned that the world wasn't going to change in the way I might've wanted it to. I'd like to deconstruct your disgustingly incorrect accusation further, but you can't even use the proper version of 'your' in a sentence, so I feel as if I'd be shooting an unarmed man.

@DictionaryOfExcuses

Ironic statement, given the premise of your thread.

LOL, fair point. I'm not asking anyone to decide my chosen and/or born gender, though. Just asking for opinions.

edit on 8-11-2018 by XxKonspiracyxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

a real person ? - who has actually though out each issue - not just blindly subscribed to an entire ideology " ern block "

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join