It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using DNA to people track

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I recently read an article talking about apartments and condos using DNA to test dog waste so they could fine
owners that didn't pick up after their dog
www.pooprints.com...
They would take samples and match it to the owner and fine them. The owners had to submit their dogs dna prior to moving in.

It got me thinking about people in power using this same method for people tracking.
Right now there is a huge push for 23 & Me, Ancestry etc and a lot of those other DNA discovery sites.

I could see this being used for good things. We know dna has been used for years in crime investigation, but that always took a long time.
Imagine something like a kidnapping victim. Someone touches something in public like a stair handle and it
collects their dna and instantly tracks. Yay, crime solved.

We all know it could be used for nefarious purposes too. It could even track large portions of the population and where they are at certain time, more accurately than any other method. Kinda scary to think about and I don't think
we are too far away from it.

Being anonymous would be also impossible, look out baby daddies, they are coming for you! Or to the moms that hid who really fathered that kid!
www.cbc.ca...
"Donor-conceived people are tracking down their biological fathers, even if they want to hide"

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
That's a good idea regarding the dog poop.

I can see DNA tech being used to frame people too...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I think there will be a rather large conspiracy as this developed and grows in participant size. Mainly it would involve the bought, sold to even free databases on the net storing the DNA when in context to being accessed by organ traffickers.

Not only that but everything from insurance and possibly down the line a system similar to China's social score using the DNA info.

That would effectively remove some privacy such as with the HIPPAAct. Tech companies have already been accessing medical records.

The other issue that goes without saying is abuse of the criminal system pertaining to framing people.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I never knew that the Social score was a real thing until recently.

I heard about China and India using it for dowry purposes. CRAZY. It even accounts for skin color
www.dowrycalculator.com...

What the heck is skin color "wheat"? LOL

I think you're right, DNA could be used like; no family history of colon or breast cancer etc, or mental illness.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
That's a good idea regarding the dog poop.

I can see DNA tech being used to frame people too...

From what I've heard it's quite simple to do...I'm sure it's been done before as well...

In a recent story in The New York Times, Andrew Pollack reports that "scientists in Israel have demonstrated that it is possible to fabricate DNA evidence, undermining the credibility of what has been considered the gold standard of proof in criminal cases.

"The scientists fabricated blood and saliva samples containing DNA from a person other than the donor of the blood and saliva. They also showed that if they had access to a DNA profile in a database, they could construct a sample of DNA to match that profile without obtaining any tissue from that person."

“You can just engineer a crime scene,” Dan Frumkin, lead author of the paper, which has been published online by the journal Forensic Science International: Genetics, told the Times. “Any biology undergraduate could perform this.”

source

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
That's why they're able to catch some of those serial killers now. The killer doesn't even need to have their personal DNA profile in a database. If one or more of their immediate family members does it, that narrows down the search considerably, and then it's a matter of locating and nailing the perp.

No place to hide, as long as there is still enough evidence left to get a good sequence.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Are you kidding me ...
Pooprints
what the hell has the world come to?

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I may not be getting this right, but, it's one thing to track dog poo.

If someone wanted to commit a crime, could they not still wear gloves? Just like preventing fingerprints, it would prevent DNA being imprinted on stairs etc.

Currently there's enough DNA technology to identify someone.

But, having everyone's DNA on record? I think it's a 100% possibility. How often do we hear about retinal scan technology being used for passports.

DNA records is quite a good idea. It could form part of global microchipping. Much more unique than having a national insurance number.

new topics

top topics

join