It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory on parallels between ancient Israel and the founding of America.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Ancient Israel was founded by Godly men, but fell and was forced to be subjugated to the Egyptians who were oppressive. They were freed and told to cross an body of water through a miracle, and the following Egyptian soldiers were killed in the water which collapsed on them, and the Israelites were told to go to a promised land and given the right to spread throughout the lands surrounding, killing the native inhabits. This was permitted, even ordered, because of the Pagan religions practiced there. Many of the religions practiced spirit, ancestor or nature worship.

There were many Christians in Europe who were oppressed by the church of England. Many called the puritans left England for the new world (a seeming miraculous discovery) across a great ocean, the English tried to attack but due to he distance over the ocean they could not support a war, and with a concept later called Manifest destiny they wiped out many native peoples, who happened to practice a form of nature, spirit and ancestor worship.

America’s formation appears to parallel ancient Israel, and just like the ancient archetype it has once again turned from God. Israel was later left to fall apart and fall into oppression for centuries due to their disobedience, and I fear that this could happen to America.

edit on 31-10-2018 by Theocracy4America because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Theocracy4America

More like Rome, Greece, England and Germanic ideals.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

There were many Christians in Europe who were oppressed by the church of England. Many called the puritans left England for the new world (a seeming miraculous discovery) across a great ocean,

English settlers arrived in America before The Puritans, so your argument doesn't hold up.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I'm not arguing that. For sure there were. Pilgrims, Spanish, Mexicans, native American (obviously). I'm also not stating that there were English prophets guiding them or anything. Of course the Atlantic did not split open and have people hike through the dry ocean bed. But still, without any real connection, there seems to be a parallel. Also, the Egyptians knew of the tribes the Israelites wiped out before they left. There is nothing magical here, I'm more pointing out that "Manifest Destiny" is not a purely American (US) idea.
edit on 31-10-2018 by Theocracy4America because: Nothing magical

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Sounds like a really forced analogy for purposes of ...what? Want to make Ancient bronze age goat herders look like Americans? Or the other way around?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Well.. the Americans should be proud. Israel is a great country that takes care of its people

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Yes, of course. I am an American, and pro-Israel. I'm saying it's almost like America is a modern Israel, a promised land.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

"Ancient Israel was founded by Godly men"

Prove it.

Suppose it depends on one's definition of "Godly".

They certainly had a purpose in mind.
edit on 31-10-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I mean obedient to God as he is shown in ancient Jewish and Christian scripture, the documents I submit to you as my proof.
edit on 31-10-2018 by Theocracy4America because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There are many parallels of people across the world being oppressed historically and presently. Nothing new or unique. So if they leave their place of oppression and kill the native inhabitants of the land they migrate to for infractions against their beliefs, that's acceptable? I think we call those events atrocities, typically.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Those scriptures through, just like all the rest, that claim to contain the will of God area product of Man.

So there creators obedience does somewhat fall into question.

Organized religion serves the priest cast who are after all only Men.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

The silly claim of Manifest Destiny (that had very religious under- and overtones).

It led to some terrible things, but also some great things. I just wish that certain things could have been handled with much more respect for human beings than they eventually were.

But we're making a comeback in that regard.

Side note: Manifest Destiny was something embraced by Democrats--the same party who now decry the results of that imperialistic approach to expansion.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I'm not surprised that the democrats backed something that killed or mistreated entire peoples. That's their MO as long as it gives them more power. Slavery, Abortion, etc. The key point for me there is that they do it for earthly gain, when it is clearly not the will of God in some cases.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I'll have to let you hold your own opinion on the will of (any) god, because that's not a belief to which I describe (and therefore makes me despise ideals like religious acceptance of genocide and imperialism even more).

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Flagg but my device won't let me....smashing good thread subject........I must say

Props for this thread, buddy

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
13 colonies of America...

I've heard it argued that there were 13 tribes of Israel, rather than 12 (something to do with Jacob - can't recall)

The Thirteen Colonies, also known as the Thirteen British Colonies or Thirteen American Colonies, were a group of British colonies on the Atlantic coast of North America founded in the 17th and 18th centuries. They declared independence in 1776 and formed the United States of America

en.wikipedia.org...

(apols for quoting wiki, but i need the crapper)

There's also the 13th tribe in Battlestar Galactica, but maybe that's not relevant!

edit on 31-10-2018 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Ah right, i mean the numerology is almost self-evident.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
13 colonies of America...

I've heard it argued that there were 13 tribes of Israel, rather than 12 (something to do with Jacob - can't recall)

The Thirteen Colonies, also known as the Thirteen British Colonies or Thirteen American Colonies, were a group of British colonies on the Atlantic coast of North America founded in the 17th and 18th centuries. They declared independence in 1776 and formed the United States of America

en.wikipedia.org...

(apols for quoting wiki, but i need the crapper)

There's also the 13th tribe in Battlestar Galactica, but maybe that's not relevant!

The show Battlestar Galactica is based on the ideas behind the Mormon faith I've heard. Check into that.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

That would be a Battlestar named Joseph Smith.

Not quite got the same ring to it i suppose.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I think that that you need a refresher course in history. There is no factual basis for the Exodus myth. And the Puritans did not leave England because they were being repressed, they left because they wanted a theocracy that was more repressive than the CofE.

<<   2 >>

join