It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pyramids Of Egypt: Relics Of An Advanced Prehistoric Civilization?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Isn't that a dangerous path to travel? If the person isn't an accepted main stream associated rep, then don't believe them. If they haven't been fully peer reviewed and accepted by the consensus, they are to be disbelieved?

How do we know that memoriphic fields don't exists? How do we know what fully encapsulates information transfer? Maybe there are other forms of communication that we aren't aware of.

Don't you get the feeling that we will look back at this time period and laugh at our version of cosmology or theoretical mathematics that are so removed from reality, most of the symbols can never be explained in real world simplicity. Do we even understand what mass is or do we simply interchange the term with matter?

Do major discoveries come from the hive or accepted group or do they come from individuals, the people on the fringe?

How may of our past scientific discoveries were condemned because it went against the popular idea of the time. Those people who devoted themselves to the idea that we were at the center of the universe, were they readily able to accept new paradigms that would nullify their multiple years of study and effort?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LitriumGem

Some of the Rye bar inside statues and columns that is now showing make you wonder

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

Some of the Rye bar inside statues and columns that is now showing make you wonder

The problem with believing the AE or some other unknown civilization had 'power tools' is the simple fact that no such technology has every been found nor any of the supporting infrastructure. The narrator seems to have been unaware that good old sand will grind down any rock - given time and the artist having the expertise to use it.

Why does this super technology only show up in drilling holes in rocks and making nice vases? The stones of the pyramid were hammered out - just go look at the quarries. The people went to war with copper and bronze weapons and they had refined metals to make power tools? Were they nuts?

Instead of making up and believing in an imaginary but surprising limited advanced civilization you can just look at the evidence that the AE did all the work and feel sad that others try to diminish their achievements so they can get hits on youtube.......

I presume before you put up that fine video that you looked at the many pieces of data that show how the AE worked hard stone? I mean you DID look at the contra-evidence?
edit on 27/10/18 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: Harte

I hope you'll stop and realize that virtually every bit of electronics you come in contact with involves leveraging quantum mechanics into a useful tool for circuit design.

Yes. And that is the very tip of the iceberg. Just as someone who works in the field of trying to figure out how to build a quantum computer how little they still understand about it. But we are getting there.

If you do, perhaps you'll realize that if a culture knows quantum physics, a culture uses quantum physics.

You seem to believe that there is only one way to understand something. There are ways of learning that we do not know of yet or forgot over time.

Highvein

I'm posting this link for later its very large and slow to download, might help answer some questions though.

During the period that this was written the passing of the Egyptian empire was still a fresh subject inspiring some of the worlds best writers of fact and fiction (which should make the key links more plentiful and easy to find).

Quantum computers are driven by resonance so they would probably share memory to index Archers and Archimedes.

archive.org...

Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Fascinating stuff Stonerwilliam.

I have some other information in regards to the pyramids from another Falun Dafa practitioner but the Google Translate from the original Chinese translation was rather choppy. I managed to extract some bullet points though:

* Around 70 million years ago

* The people of that civilization inherited the mechanical science and culture of Sirius’s adherents.

* In the course of civilized development of that kingdom, the giants developed science to a very high degree, and they also developed a great deal in astronomy. Their science at that time basically belonged to the science of mechanics, that is, relying on machinery to provide convenience for the great mankind and take such a path of development.

* The five-meter-high workers moved huge stones and used construction machinery that they had produced several times larger and taller than modern people use. The drill used by the giants of that kingdom is 500 times faster than the diamond drill used by this civilization. A stone is carved out of a whole piece of granite, and the boulder piles up so closely that even the thinnest blade cannot be inserted.

* The man who built the navigation equipment for the space exploration tourist spacecraft was designed and built to commemorate the Sirius who laid the groundwork for their civilization. So he built the gold navigation device with the top of the gold navigation device facing Sirius.

edit on 27-10-2018 by LitriumGem because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2018 by LitriumGem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

The problem with believing the AE or some other unknown civilization had 'power tools' is the simple fact that no such technology has every been found nor any of the supporting infrastructure. The narrator seems to have been unaware that good old sand will grind down any rock - given time and the artist having the expertise to use it.

They didn't necessarily have to "powered". A machine could be hand driven, but still capable of making precise circular cuts due to having a strongly fixed axis of rotation. A copper cylinder covered in wet abrasive could make the cuts in the video.

Still pretty exceptional, and worth taking a look at. Marvelous craftsmanship and professionalism. And a technology that did later go on to be lost. Probably protected by some worker guild that wanted to keep the secret exclusive to their own workers.

Why does this super technology only show up in drilling holes in rocks and making nice vases? The stones of the pyramid were hammered out - just go look at the quarries. The people went to war with copper and bronze weapons and they had refined metals to make power tools? Were they nuts?

It's how guilds worked, even in the middle ages. They had trade secrets and they guarded those secrets so that only their own apprentices could ever learn them.

They would exploit the superstition of the common people by claiming it was magic.

As such, you would not likely see the technology being used in any undertaking that fell outside that guild's claimed domain. They wanted to keep the price high for their services. (Collusion and price fixing were not frowned upon in the old world. That mostly started with Adam Smith.)

Instead of making up and believing in an imaginary but surprising limited advanced civilization you can just look at the evidence that the AE did all the work and feel sad that others try to diminish their achievements so they can get hits on youtube.......

I presume before you put up that fine video that you looked at the many pieces of data that show how the AE worked hard stone? I mean you DID look at the contra-evidence?

The AE story has the same, exact, inconsistencies as those you just attributed to alternative theories. Statues finely crafted, but with haphazardly chiseled cartouches made by inferior craftsmen.

My favorite is the Meidum pyramid. A poorly constructed outer shell placed over a well made step pyramid, to make it into a true pyramid. The outer shell didn't even sit on a proper foundation (because the foundation only extends to the edge of the step pyramid.)

However, even after the outer shell collapsed, the interior step pyramid survived the collapse, still stood and stands to this day.

en.wikipedia.org...

But you want me to believe the same ruler built both?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
We are just smart monkeys who know how to use tools and figure out things...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I agree with Brien Forester on this issue.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous
[
They didn't necessarily have to "powered". A machine could be hand driven, but still capable of making precise circular cuts due to having a strongly fixed axis of rotation. A copper cylinder covered in wet abrasive could make the cuts in the video.

Still pretty exceptional, and worth taking a look at. Marvelous craftsmanship and professionalism. And a technology that did later go on to be lost. Probably protected by some worker guild that wanted to keep the secret exclusive to their own workers.

...and that is how they did it or at least that is what it appears to be. Not very complicated and not requiring an imaginary other civilization.

The AE story has the same, exact, inconsistencies as those you just attributed to alternative theories. Statues finely crafted, but with haphazardly chiseled cartouches made by inferior craftsmen.

Different levels of skills? That can be found in all civilizations. Just look at common vs noble tombs.

Nope the AE ACTUALLY existed with tens of millions of pieces of evidence very different from most phringe theories.

My favorite is the Meidum pyramid. A poorly constructed outer shell placed over a well made step pyramid, to make it into a true pyramid. The outer shell didn't even sit on a proper foundation (because the foundation only extends to the edge of the step pyramid.)

They added stuff to the first pyramid too that worked the second (?) attempt with Meidum didn't.

However, even after the outer shell collapsed, the interior step pyramid survived the collapse, still stood and stands to this day.

Ah no why should you? Who it was made for is not firmly established. I personally could care less what you believe or don't believe since you asked.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I agree with Brien Forester on this issue.

www.youtube.com...

Well free choice and all that - be sure to buy all his stuff and go on his tours.......

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Ah. I see. The "different way of looking" at the same thing.

Yeah, kind of like the stories that witness's of an unfortunate situation tell the police.

So, does this different way not involve electrons, the easiest BY FAR elementary particle to isolate from an atom (they do it on their own all the time) ??

Why wouldn't it involve electrons?

Do you believe that quantum theory can arise without any experimentation at all? Just right out of some genius' mind?

Who said there were no experiments? Maybe not devised in the same style, but experiments none the less.

Or, do you think they skipped electrons altogether - just for the challenge of it - and went straight to protons an neutrons somehow?

Or they could have thought about it in relation to the cycles of the cosmos, which is built by the quantum realm for the function of what?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Ah no why should you? Who it was made for is not firmly established. I personally could care less what you believe or don't believe since you asked.

You kind of made it sound like it was what you wanted.

I don't like simple narratives, because I don't think true history is very often simple. The AE certainly built a lot, but I don't have to credit them with everything to credit them with some things.

The Meidum, Bent, Red, and Great Pyramids all show signs of a type of architecture that never existed prior or after in Egyptian history. And they all show it on the interior, rather than exterior portions.

www.cheops-pyramide.ch...

"It is interesting, that the so called corbelled vault was "invented" at the same time as the larger pyramids were built. The first corbelled vault was built in the pyramid of Meidum, then Sneferu's pyramids and Khufu's pyramid followed [2]:

Pyramid of Meidum - corbelled vault spanning 2.65m, 5.05m high
Bent pyramid with 2 burial chambers, the first 4.96 by 6.3m and 17.3m high, the second 5.26 by 7.97m and 16.48m high
Red pyramid - corbelled vault of 4.18 by 8.35m and 14.67m high with 14-16 corbels
Khufu's pyramid (Grand Gallery) - corbelled vault 2.09m by 46.71m and 8.74m high"

---- interesting indeed...

We only have solid evidence for exterior construction on the GP, and we have quite a lot of evidence for that part. If we only had a small amount of evidence for the exterior construction, then it would be plausible to argue that evidence for the core construction has been lost, and we're lucky to have any evidence at all for the exterior construction.

But if we have quite a lot of evidence for the exterior construction, we should have at least a fair amount of evidence for the core construction too. Something somewhere giving us some idea how they placed those 80 ton granite slabs.

I'm thinking all 4 pyramids are "build-over" pyramids, with a core structure that was not originally a pyramid. (Or at least not a true pyramid.)

That's a complex history that doesn't make for a simple narrative, though.
edit on 27-10-2018 by bloodymarvelous because: fix quote

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Quantum Mechanics uses either matrices or wave equations - your choice. The two methods were shown to be equivalent a century ago.
And no, it's impossible to use either method without using zero.

Harte

Kinda figured - the high tech believers often spend a great deal of time gainsaying the existing evidence then try to support their beliefs with opinions. Without understanding just how much technology would be needed to do x and y and that having that isn't a starting point. The entire technological evolution has to be gone through. You don't get to quantum mechanics from stone tool making without some intermediate steps.......of course the New Age believers get around that by making it all 'deep thinking', that eliminates the need for technology but then you're left with the evidence that there remains don't seem to support the ideas of the New Age.....its all lovely fun eh?

Well that is one theory anyway.

Let me ask you a question. Do you think perusing knowledge the way science does has ultimately helped or hurt the only home we have, earth?
edit on 27-10-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I

I don't like simple narratives, because I don't think true history is very often simple. The AE certainly built a lot, but I don't have to credit them with everything to credit them with some things.

So your admitting you'd falsify the narrative to make in complex even when it is simple. okay.

Here is what I consider a 'simple' as you label it, narrative. We have overwhelming, massive evidence for a civilization along the Nile River, while at the same time not a single piece of evidence for a 'lost civilization, so the simple solution is that the AE built everything. Now the complex narrative is that the AE were there leaving traces everywhere, tens of millions of pieces of evidence but this other civilization left nothing behind.....hmmmm.

The Meidum, Bent, Red, and Great Pyramids all show signs of a type of architecture that never existed prior or after in Egyptian history. And they all show it on the interior, rather than exterior portions.

The Greeks, Romans, Minoans, Sumerian, Han and others all did the same thing [create new things) and guess what they didn't need a secret hidden civilization to do it for them.....

So why are you saying this other lost civilization did it - which doesn't surprise you - but that you would be surprised that the AE did it? Huh? Something wrong with the AE?

You need a complex set of archaeological remains to create a viable complex set of civilizations - look at Mesopotamia, the Andes and Central America for just such a display of multiple civilization coming and going, building stuff and disappearing. AND all those sequence of civilizations left clear traces - but not in the Nile.....where the narrative is simple and not complex like for those places.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Well that is one theory anyway.

Let me ask you a question. Do you think perusing knowledge the way science does has ultimately helped or hurt the only home we have, earth?

Let me ask you a question, what does your question have to do with the OP?

The Pyramids Of Egypt: Relics Of An Advanced Prehistoric Civilization?

You may want to ask that interesting question in a different forum and a different thread.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Isn't that a dangerous path to travel? If the person isn't an accepted main stream associated rep, then don't believe them. If they haven't been fully peer reviewed and accepted by the consensus, they are to be disbelieved?

The accepted, established history of the Giza plateau, pyramids in general and time line of the dynasties has taken centuries to build up; it wasn't all created by one person in one time and one place. Greek and Roman historians wrote about them as did the Persians. Universities from across the planet have been studying Egyptology and visiting Egypt for close to two centuries. It's cross-disciplinary with physicists, geneticists and humble trowel monkeys all contributing to a mountain of evidence for the conventional perspective.

One guy (with no published evidence of knowing anything about Egypt) can't just decide to dismiss it all. I mean, sure, he can, but it takes more than his opinion to be taken seriously and have the world adopt his version.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   

So what knowledge am i suppose to have little or no understanding of ?
Is it the knowledge built on subject matters written by man educated by relatively modern day principles?. Interpreted by you as being fact.

Give me a break!.

The only garbage here is your attitude towards alternative theories, and the fact that you focused on my side note that the sphinx being water marked horizontally was maybe representative of the suggestion the area was submerged as your primary argument. when infact your focus on that in itself somewhat drove the thread of topic which of course was related to the pyramid itself.

Other members on this site have freedom of expression you know, who named you king of moderators judge and jury, what makes you think you can call someone ignorant where the moto is to "deny ignorance", what gives you the right to accuse a fellow poster of posting utter garbage.

Grow up, Take your blinkers of. Its not all about you sunshine.

edit on 28-10-2018 by ALSTA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ALSTA

It's quite simple really. If it is evidence and fact based then it belongs in this forum.

If it is conjecture and opinion based then it belongs in Skunkworks or similar.

I am not trying to invalidate your thoughts and opinions here, more saying its the wrong location.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
a reply to: ALSTA

It's quite simple really. If it is evidence and fact based then it belongs in this forum.

If it is conjecture and opinion based then it belongs in Skunkworks or similar.

I am not trying to invalidate your thoughts and opinions here, more saying its the wrong location.

No probs, as stated before im having trouble with uploading links but -

www.ancient-code.com...>15 facts

might interest you both perhaps, but as my point states - no matter the source it's not necessarily correct and certainly open to interpretation to its factualness.
A person's insight is relevant if on topic but the undiplomatic condemnation of said insight is plain rude not to mention unethical which is what i was refering to in my post replying to the poster that your replying to me about.

So according to the source mentioned above my initial post on this thread is with merit .
The poster i was responding to about their attitude was focusing on my sidenote and not my original post or point.
Simple i would think, not to mention bang on location wise.

edit on 28-10-2018 by ALSTA because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join