It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Quakes just hit Vancouver Island 6.6 and 6.8

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

It is not really a volcano erupting on Mars, though that would have been really cool. The wind on Mars carries water vapor - laden air, which is pushed up by this tall peak (extinct volcano), and leads to the formation of a linear water droplet cloud moving away from the peak in the direction of the wind.

This video that talks about this 'volcano on Mars' stating at the 1:55 time:

youtu.be...

The video link is from Suspicious observers website.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

It is not really a volcano erupting on Mars, though that would have been really cool. The wind on Mars carries water vapor - laden air, which is pushed up by this tall peak (extinct volcano), and leads to the formation of a linear water droplet cloud moving away from the peak in the direction of the wind.

youtu.be...

I watched his video and the comparisons. They are not the same nor on the same region. Sorry.

That is an eruption.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

youtu.be...

I watched his video and the comparisons. They are not the same nor on the same region. Sorry.

That is an eruption.
Eruption? Same place? Same time of year? Every year?

"We see these clouds hang out over the summit of Arsia for weeks at a time during this time of year, every year," Harrison writes. She says the volcano's high elevation combined with water vapor in the atmosphere causes the clouds to form.

www.cnet.com...
edit on 10/22/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

I woke up around midnight last night and decided to look at ATS. I have been trying not to think about this all day. Even though the local radio station won't shut up about it. I did not feel anything this time but I did feel one some months ago and it was frightening.

You hear two different sides of the story every time there is an earthquake around here. One team says that earthquake swarms are a sign of a pending megaquake. The other team says that moderate earthquakes can be a sign of the fault line relieving pressure more gradually. I would love to hear some more informed opinions about this. I have a vested interest..

Even if you aren't an expert in seismology please wish us luck on the west coast. Especially Vancouver Island. We are dependant on the ferry service and will be stranded on our rock if the big one hits.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: HiMyNameIsCal
Hi, I wish I had the link handy I used to refer my sister to that also lives on the island.

Anyways, from what I read by an ‘expert, he said these quakes were not located where they are relieving pressure on the impending big one. That pressure continues to build.

You’re right, there’s two sides to the story in regards to them reducing pressure.

Sometimes though I think some articles confuse the San Andreas fault, which is overdue for the big 9.0 with the Juan De Fuca, which concerns us. We might have another 150 yrs to go, then again we might not! It could happen any time.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: HiMyNameIsCal

e added that the recent earthquakes do not relieve any stress or pressure from the plates where “The Big One” would take place.

“The big one is likely to occur is much much deeper beneath Vancouver Island, and that is very far away from these earthquakes happened,” said Williams-Jones.

dailyhive.com...

Of course another expert claims otherwise. Mind you that was Global news and they are prone to being click bait

edit on 26-10-2018 by violet because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join