It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian man spreading viral video apparent propaganda

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
www.google.ca...

Apparently this video is 100% fake and nothing more then Russian propaganda. How many of us here got riled up and played by Russia?
How many times have we been fooled? Is it possible your still being fooled?

I think it’s pretty interesting just how easy it is to stir up the masses and plant some ideolaogical seeds without them even knowing.
edit on 11-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'll be interested to see the reaction to this considering how many people on here took the bait.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It appears that anytime the left is shown in a bad light, fake news ceases to exist.
Personally I'm neither left or right, (they are two sides of the exact same coin, always accusing the opposition of behaviors that their side is plenty guilty of) it just this is something that I see happen often.
edit on 11-10-2018 by Osirisvset because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It’s weird how she was a feminist one second, shooting videos about “upskirting” and other problems facing Russian women, and then the next she is a Russian propagandist.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Perhaps it was all propaganda to begin with?
It can be spun many ways.
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

Maybe she didn't know who was paying for the video. Maybe she wasn't told it was going to be used as propaganda. Hell, considering it's Russia, maybe she was threatened into doing it.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
From the article,

One of the men who appeared in the video also told St. Petersburg-based online magazine Bumaga that it was staged, and the victims were paid actors.

Makes one wonder how many more of these are out there to be honest. And, anything coming from social media platforms should ALWAYS be treated as such, since that platform is designed for the narcissists in our society to get their fix of famous.

Good find!

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
All it did it made me question russian males letting her do it to them. I didn't even think for a second about feminists because the world is antidick already and still pretends that men don't have their bulges.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa
Of course there's more out there. There's one doing the rounds now, even on ATS. It's about carbon credits and how we're all gonna die. Just another Russian propaganda movie.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I'll be interested to see the reaction to this considering how many people on here took the bait.

No embed, I'm betting that video is a rick roll.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Oh my what an outrage that very video caused on here.

I wonder what the inner dialog will be? Surely no one will think they have ever been duped before.
Or admit it to themselves.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Oh my what an outrage that very video caused on here.

I wonder what the inner dialog will be? Surely no one will think they have ever been duped before.
Or admit it to themselves.

I'm not too proud to admit when i read it I got upset at first. However, I refrained from fully going off or commenting upon it since there was really no clear provenance for the story. I prefer to weigh all the evidence and research first-hand or primary sources (usually) before committing an opinion. Am I 100% accurate, no, but at least I do make a concerted attempt to not believe everything I read/hear.

Just like I don't believe someone just because of their gender or political affiliations.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
As I’ve tried to explain about a million times, Russian propagandists don’t only act like people arguing in favor of Trump, they act like brain dead liberals to make right wing people angry and solidify their support of Trump. Not too different from the caricatures of Jewish people that Nazis used in their propaganda.

There isn’t anything new about this tactic, it’s just that most people on the right don’t care if something is fake as long as it plays to what they want to believe.

ETA: The original thread is still going strong with the OP adamant that it’s true.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do things go in the hoax bin anymore or is that just for non-right wing hoaxes?

edit on 11-10-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
www.google.ca...

Apparently this video is 100% fake and nothing more then Russian propaganda. How many of us here got riled up and played by Russia?
How many times have we been fooled? Is it possible your still being fooled?

I think it’s pretty interesting just how easy it is to stir up the masses and plant some ideolaogical seeds without them even knowing.

Watched it when it first came out. If people couldn't tell it was staged then they are fools. Nobody would react like that having anything poured on them. The guys just sat there and didnt hardly do anything....

I am kind of shocked it even went viral.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Just for Info-- "Propaganda/Behavioral Sciences" is now "Lawful" for Uncle Suga to use 'to better serve the masses...' And no telling how 'deep' the Behavioral Sciences goes.

foreignpolicy.com...

obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
By design I suppose? I agree in that the responses were anything but how you would expect the average Russian male to react.

a reply to: Vasa Croe

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
By design I suppose? I agree in that the responses were anything but how you would expect the average Russian male to react.

a reply to: Vasa Croe

Not just a Russian male. I'd think anyone...male or female, would have a much stronger reaction to someone pouring something on them.

You have no idea what it could be if this were real. Could have been a whackbag acid attack. Could be water. Could be whatever.

First thing I think most would do would be to get physical with whomever did it....I know I would....I dont care what sex or age someone is....you dont do that to people.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip
It’s weird how she was a feminist one second, shooting videos about “upskirting” and other problems facing Russian women, and then the next she is a Russian propagandist.

whats weird is how much easier it is to fool people, than it is to convince them they've been fooled

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

whats weird is how much easier it is to fool people, than it is to convince them they've been fooled

You’d be surprised how many people that have been hustled out of something just keep their mouths shut because their pride won’t let it be known.

It’s something con men since the beginning of time have counted on.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Very well stated, I read an article just yesterday that bull crap is much easier to produce then refute.

a reply to: odzeandennz

top topics

<<   2 >>

join