It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey to search Saudi consulate for Jamal Khashoggi

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Why do you have to walk into Saudi Arabian consulate? Or visit China? It's really a shame in 2018 human rights seem so much in decline.
He was getting some forms for the marriage from what I’ve been reading hence my comment from before. I agree things are getting crazier and crazier.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
I honestly don’t know why the world even puts up with Saudi Arabia and there ancient barbaric ideals. there shouldn’t be trade or travel with them period,no oil money and no food.

Slavery,pedophila rampant all the way up to the highest levels of the ruling class,executions for menial crimes. People oppressed both willing and unwilling under the thumb of the dogmatic fundamentalist muslim ideology.

Not to mention they fund a boat load of terrorism.

This is but one example of their savage ways, tall gleaming building but with black hearts.

a reply to: Willtell

Oil money.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Glass em I guess

People in glass houses shouldn't throw nukes

Have you held your own leaders to account?

So progressive aren't you?

www.macleans.ca...

. If you judge a society by how it treats its most disadvantaged, Glavin found us wanting. Consider the accompanying table. By almost every measurable indicator, the Aboriginal population in Canada is treated worse and lives with more hardship than the African-American population. All these facts tell us one thing: Canada has a race problem, too. How are we not choking on these numbers? For a country so self-satisfied with its image of progressive tolerance, how is this not a national crisis? Why are governments not falling on this issue?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
More info coming out
www.foxnews.com...

U.S. intelligence agencies reportedly intercepted Saudi officials discussing a plan to capture Jamal Khashoggi, the journalist who disappeared after visiting the Saudi consulate in Turkey. Top Turkish officials fear he was murdered and that his dismembered body was flown out of the country. The Washington Post is reporting that before the journalist disappeared on Oct. 2, Saudi officials discussed a plan to lure Khashoggi back to Saudi Arabia. It remains unclear if the Saudi government intended to arrest or kill the journalist known for his writings criticizing the Saudi leadership, or whether the U.S. government informed Khashoggi that he was the target of the Saudi government, the report said.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Well it surprises me, according to the picture he's walking into the Saudi consulate. But look at the picture, it looks more like a cheap night club entrance than a consulate.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

A consulate is a smaller entity than an embassy

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Did the EU just kidnap Khashoggi, while he was in the Saudi embassy ? British SAS commando ?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
Did the EU just kidnap Khashoggi, while he was in the Saudi embassy ? British SAS commando ?
What would be there motivation? I think the royal family has a much bigger beef with the guy than anyone else and he just happens to disappear at their consulate.... doesn’t take too much of a logical leap to tie the two together.
“Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar”- Freud

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

It is all very 'Breaking Bad' Saudi Edition.

Truth can be stranger than fiction.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
We really should have toppled this regime when we were going war wacky in the mid east.
I would support a full on invasion of Saudi Arabia and consider that country a 6th century #hole.
My country called them out and they acted like big babies lol.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Kidnapped by the EU - NATO - UK military forces.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Jamal Khashoggi case: All the latest updates

www.aljazeera.com...

This sordid saga gas turned grisly.

Apparently, there an audio and video of the murder.

US and Turkissaga officials told The Washington Post there are audio and video recordings proving Khashoggi was tortured and murdered inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. Video recordings show a Saudi assassination team seizing the journalist after he walked in on October 2. He was then killed and his body dismembered, the officials told the Post - the newspaper that Khashoggi wrote for as a columnist. The audio was particularly gruesome, the sources said. Explainer: What we know about the Khashoggi probe "The voice recording from inside the embassy lays out what happened to Jamal after he entered," said one official speaking anonymously because the intelligence is classified. "You can hear his voice and the voices of men speaking Arabic. You can hear how he was interrogated, tortured, and then murdered

"Media companies, journalists drop out of Saudi event"

Media companies are pulling out of a Saudi investment conference because of growing outrage over Khashoggi's disappearance.

Economist Editor-In-Chief Zanny Minton Beddoes will not participate in the Future Investment Initiative conference in Riyadh, spokeswoman Lauren Hackett said in an email.

Andrew Ross Sorkin, a CNBC anchor and New York Times business journalist, tweeted he was not attending the conference, saying he was "terribly distressed by the disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi and reports of his murder".

The New York Times also decided to pull out of the event as a media sponsor, spokeswoman Eileen Murphy said.

The Financial Times said in a statement that it was reviewing its involvement as a media partner.

Khashoggi case: A 'chilling message to dissidents worldwide'
Virgin's Branson halts talks on $1bn Saudi investment in space ventures
British billionaire Richard Branson said his Virgin Group would suspend its discussions with Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund over a planned $1bn investment in the group's space ventures.

"What has reportedly happened in Turkey around the disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, if proved true, would clearly change the ability of any of us in the West to do business with the Saudi government," Branson said in a statement.

Branson also said he would suspend his directorship in two Saudi tourism projects around the Red Sea, citing Khashoggi's disappearance.

Last year, Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund said it planned to invest about $1bn in Branson's space company, Virgin Galactic, The Spaceship Company and Virgin Orbit.

"We have asked for more information from the authorities in Saudi and to clarify their position in relation to Mr. Khashoggi," Branson said on Thursday.

U.S. President Donald Trump said on Thursday that the United States has investigators overseas to assist Turkey in its investigation of the journalist's disappearance and that they were also working with Saudi Arabia.

US investigation?

I bet any kind of US investigation would likely be towards giving the Saudis ways to cover this up.

The Turks would blackmail the Saudis

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
Kidnapped by the EU - NATO - UK military forces.

Once again where are you getting this crap?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
There’s little space here. There are cameras all over these consulates. Everybody surveils everybody.

Don’t those primitive fools from Saudi Arabia realize they were taped and bugged?

Who the hell but a bunch of primitive fools would murder somebody in a consulate and expect to get away with that.

I believe they did it and I hope and pray the US and many others ostracize Saudi Arabia

But I'm afraid they have too many business deals with the corrupt Trump.

Trump will claim since they have millions in military contracts with the Saudis they shouldn’t do anything about this

Only the US Congress, that is if they also aren't extorted by Saudi will have the guts to do something.

edit on 11-10-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   
This is a very ominous article from December, 2016!

Saudi Arabia bans journalist for criticising Donald Trump
Jamal Khashoggi said Mr Trump's Middle East stance is 'contradictory'

Samuel Osborne
Monday 5 December 2016 13:40
www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
There’s little space here. There are cameras all over these consulates. Everybody surveils everybody.

Don’t those primitive fools from Saudi Arabia realize they were taped and bugged?

Who the hell but a bunch of primitive fools would murder somebody in a consulate and expect to get away with that.

I believe they did it and I hope and pray the US and many others ostracize Saudi Arabia

Trump will claim since they have millions in military contracts with the Saudis they shouldn’t do anything about this

Only the US Congress, that is if they also aren't extorted by Saudi will have the guts to do something.

Would you happen to have any proof for said corruption?

ETA- Snook, I don’t see any proof of SA disavowing the guy solely based on his opinion on Trump as you seem to be implying, his disagreement was with the change in SA government policies that led him to disavow his nation in 2017 SA didn’t blackball the guy over his opinions in the US presidential race.

After Mr Khashoggi criticised Mr Trump's Middle East policies at a Washington think-tank on 10 November, an official Saudi spokesman said he did not represent the Kingdom in a statement to the Saudi Press Agency.

Him and the house of royals had problems before said statement which was undoubtly asked of officials not brought up unsolicited.
edit on 10/12/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This Khashoggi guy knew very much about Bin Laden, and dirty affairs from the EU, NATO and the UK !
Also a lot about migrants being deliberately imported in Italy and a lot about Princess Diana and the British royals.

Most likely assassinated by orders coming from the British and Italian secret services and others who wanted the guy silenced and want to retain control over a former colony by attempting to disrupt Trump's weapons deal !

Note that he was kidnapped within a NATO country ...
edit on 15-10-2018 by Flanker86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Rumor has it his Body was Dismembered and taken out of the Country in Luggage by a Saudi Special Ops Team .

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

October 15, 2018

Turkish investigators were not allowed in to the Saudi consulate before today. They spent 9 hours inside and emerged with some soil samples, and "metal door".

Story: www.cnbc.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I bet any kind of US investigation would likely be towards giving the Saudis ways to cover this up. But I'm afraid they have too many business deals with the corrupt Trump. Trump will claim since they have millions in military contracts with the Saudis they shouldn’t do anything about this Only the US Congress, that is if they also aren't extorted by Saudi will have the guts to do something.

US investigation? I bet any kind of US investigation would likely be towards giving the Saudis ways to cover this up.

Well, Willtell it looks like you were right again!

When did you post the above?

Oct 11th

Now on the 15th, the Saudis and Trump are doing just what you said they'd do!
um...

edit on 15-10-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join