It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Axios: Amb Nikki Haley Resigns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It's hard to believe that if, 6 months ago,
Trump really knew that Haley was leaving
he wouldn't have blabbed in some way

It may be, that around easter-time,
Haley let it be known that she wanted out
"Boss, i'll tell you when, in good time, we still have work to do"

Plausible...
... however

The resignation letter was dated 3 October, the day after Trump appeared at a political rally in Mississippi and mocked Dr Christine Blasey Ford, who had accused Trump’s nominee for the supreme court of sexual assault.

Haley has portrayed herself as a defender of women’s rights, though there is no evidence Trump’s derision of Ford was the immediate trigger for her decision.

Nooooo waaay ;@)

Nahhn that's way way out there,
Even i'd be straining the biceps 'n' triceps with that one !

but why not..
Whatever, whatever, whatever

besides all of the "what's she gonna do now ?" whispering and curtain twitching
Maybe nothing; just lie low ?

Who will represent the Stätes at the UN ?
Like 'em or not, someone's gotta be there

- someone do a thread ! -

One of our neocon buddies ?
Yayyy

Bolton's all ready there...y'know

Another candidate is the former deputy national security adviser Dina Powell, who spent last weekend with Haley and their families on a boat in South Carolina.

Richard Grenell, the US ambassador to Germany who spent eight years at the mission to the UN, is a third leading contender. He has maintained a high profile since moving to Berlin in May, appearing on conservative media to speak forcefully in support of Trump’s foreign policy.

If you wanna read some more

Even better :
Colin Powell !?!

He must be good for rehabilitation
after 20 years in the political wilderness

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I think we are going to see Trump fire / some people leave just before or just after the midterms. Given that she may return the the administration in another capacity is also telling. I also think Trey Gowdy is going to replace Sessions or Rosenstein.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

How is repeating what Ford said time and again mocking her?

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

We will likely see alot more GOP machinations now that Kavanaugh is confirmed. I believe it was Nunes that said it was priority one before the fall and election break with removal of Rosenstein coming next.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The Assad curse appears to be real, last victim was McCain, prior to that it was Obama and Hillary, now Haley.

So, it seems that if you call for Assads removal, you get pwned in return, usually by dying or being removed.....

I bet BiBi is pissed they've just lost their greatest UN cheerleader too.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I nominate Christine Blasey Ford to take over the post. Every time another ambassador decries US blowing up some tiny nation just to sell a few million in bombs, or whatever, she can grandstand (I mean literally jump up on top of the podium) and scream "RAPE!!!!!!!!!!!" to derail the entire event.
edit on 9-10-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

President Trump said Tuesday his daughter Ivanka Trump would be an "incredible" U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, but indicated he's reluctant to pick her because of the criticism he'd get for doing so. "I think Ivanka would be incredible. Doesn't mean I can pick her. I would be accused of nepotism," Trump told reporters on the South Lawn of the White House. "I can be accused of nepotism, if you can believe it," he said. Ivanka Trump, an unpaid presidential adviser, was widely discussed as a possible pick after U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley announced her departure Tuesday. The first daughter formerly lived in New York, where the U.N. is based. Trump told reporters on the South Lawn that Haley "is going to help me make the final pick" on a new U.N. ambassador, and he cited Dina Powell, a former White House adviser, as a potential nominee.
so lol you may be right but who knows any more these days

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Cassi3l

How is repeating what Ford said time and again mocking her?

?
Do they read mutch in Whatland
?
edit on 9-10-2018 by Cassi3l because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
www.youtube.com... trumps speach on her resignation 19 minute long video

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Don't matter, nvm

edit on 9-10-2018 by Cassi3l because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
She’s going to run for POTUS in 2020. Book it.

Haley just said in her interview with Trump that she is NOT running in 2020.
She said she will be campaigning for Trump.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
Ivanka Trump could be named the new UN Ambassador. With this administration, it's entirely possible. If that happens, liberal talking heads will explode!

God please let Ivanka be the next ambassador to the UN, the mental gymnastics and the shunning of the social expectation of 'never go full retard on the internet' will be epic.

I'm gonna say a prayer, for the first time since Nov 16 when I prayed Hillary would lose.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Her replacement has to go through the Senate confirmation process.

Who would want to voluntarily submit themself to that?

edit on 9-10-2018 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Good Riddance , another Neo-Con Bites the Dust .

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I thought she was only gonna be apart of the Trump admin for two years then she was bouncing?

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Trump was inundated with questions about Ivanka maybe being appointed to the position. It's almost like they're daring him to do it so they can "get him' on something..anything....they are so desperate!

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Trump was inundated with questions about Ivanka maybe being appointed to the position. It's almost like they're daring him to do it so they can "get him' on something..anything....they are so desperate!

Ah well, it was good whilst it lasted...

The Hill

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Not me. Nope.

Now if you actually wanted to start some hardcore wars...then a U.N. bid would be okay.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Trump said Ivanka would be great, but then "people would accuse me of nepotism, can you believe that"?

Yeah Donald. I can believe that. It's kinda like if I robbed a bank, people would accuse me of robbing a bank.
Can YOU believe that?

Can the po old man get any dumber?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join