It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen McConnell declares '*-Nobody's Guilty until Proven Innocent!-*' American Hypocrisy, Inc?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

First of all I never heard of Senator McConnell before but the radio and news were constantly just referring to him as simply 'McConnell' like we're just supposed to know who he is from the get go.

Anyways apparently he's somehow defending Kavanaugh by saying ""this is the USA! Nobody is supposed to be guilty until proven innocent in this country."

When i first heard that I had to run it through my mind a few times and pinch myself. At first I thought he mis-spoke so I googled and apparently it's not misspeak; if anything, that's exactly what he meant to say, and in reference to accusations against Kavanaugh to boot.

So when I searchengine McConnell Kavanaugh the first thing that pops up for me is a link to a WE article about 'Kavanaugh not on Trial'':

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

When the media (and incidentally, every Democrat) point out that Brett Kavanaugh is not being tried in a court of law, but merely interviewing for a job, it’s purely an effort to lower the standard of proof on the outlandish claims of sexual assault and heavy drinking that date back more than 30 years.

It then hit me: if Kavanaugh is not on trial, what in the world is McConnell referring to doublefold? I mean,
1st- How does he infer someone is GUILTY once proven innocent in America? sure sounds like a 'Martial Law' type of twisted/inverted logic!
2nd - Besides, how does a SC candidate who's not on trial in the first place, get 'proven innocent'?

Seems this whole charade about Kavanaugh and thus now - like Trump - being placed on the burner for 'IMPEACHMENT' by Democrats - regardless of his SC nomination outcome - is just no more nor less, in the bigger picture, a political diversion that moves MSM and TPTB incorportated closer to their likely goal of.. dividing and conquering America.

Afterall, in America, 'Nobody's Guilty Until Proven INNOCENT''. A statement which exemplifies how in the current Orwellian climate, one is damned if they do as well as damned even if they don't!

So in USA even if you're a good law-abiding citizen (or official), you're apparently still screwed? Like a living hell on earth where it's been made too late for a trial nor clearing your name, where you're royally condemned, screwed by a corrupt, inherently spiteful, highly inverted judicial or executive system where once you are even proven innocent - youre officially GUILTY! - under the united, incorporated all-seeing American eye.

^Sheesh.. heaven help us! *Pray*

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

First of all I never heard of Senator McConnell before but the radio and news were constantly just referring to him as simply 'McConnell' like we're just supposed to know who he is from the get go.

If you didn't know who McConnell is then you aren't politically informed enough to be having this conversation...

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: watersabove

....McConnell is right. Innocent until proven guilty is the way it works here in the USA.

And if Kavanaugh is not on trial, then what are these accusations even about? And if it's a job interview why arent they asking him for work experience instead of accusing him with sexual misconduct? I've never been accused of sexual misconduct at a job interview.....have you?

Oh he's on trial alright...but it's happening at the court of public opinions because a court of law would have repercussions against false allegations.

This should have all happened behind closed doors.

A2D
edit on 6-10-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well, you seem to be a little behind here. Nothing wrong with that, it’s good people are paying attention whichever side you are on now.
He’s the Senate majority leader (Republican) since 2015. He’s in the news quit a bit, he took Harry Reid’s spot.
He meant Innocent until proven guilty. The democrats made him guilty and to prove his innocence which is backwards. And he wasn’t being charged, it was a smear tactic, stall for time allegation. It was not in court although the MSM made it seem that way, it was congress.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Never heard of Mitch McConnell? Yeah, you might want to familiarize yourself with politics a bit before starting a debate on one of the longest serving people in Washington.

Never heard of the turtle? where have you been the last 30 years?

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

And if Kavanaugh is not on trial, then what are these accusations even about?

Destroying a mans life,family, and damaging Republicans so the left can win the midterms.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Think about it. A rumor almost sunk a Supreme Court of the United States candidate.

A RUMOR.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Think about it. A rumor almost sunk a Supreme Court of the United States candidate.

A RUMOR.

A calculated and vicious rumor.

The final vote is coming in a few minutes.

Senator Schumer giving a last ditch effort speech.

😎

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

If you didn't know who McConnell is then you aren't politically informed enough to be having this conversation...

That was my thought as well.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
What's politically informed?
ATM
First result on google:

Why You Must Be Politically Informed
Voting is a powerful right.

^Haha.. yea RIGHT

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
when one side is running around declaring him guilty without a single stich of evidence being presented, politicians, media all day every day running with every wild rumor to smear the man it was in effect a trial.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

If someone is voting, they have a duty to be informed. Voting is indeed a powerful right.
An uninformed voter is dangerous.
It is like driving a car on a highway without having learned to drive.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
There are so many people all over the place saying that the presumption of innocence only exists in a court of law. Since this is basically a job interview, the presumption of innocence does not apply. That is absolute BS.

The presumption of innocence is paramount to our Constitution and our way of life. It is what prevents a police department from wiretapping anyone they want without a shred of evidence or cause. It is what stops people from being arrested and detained indefinitely while law enforcement looks around to see if they did something they could be charged with. The presumption of innocence applies to every facet of our lives. Our self governance, our pursuit of life, liberty, happiness. Our careers, our hobbies, our forms of expression. In each and every one is the belief that in the absence of proof of guilt we must be presumed innocent or innocent people will suffer the ills of mob rule, be disenfranchised, and abused.

Suspend the belief of the presumption of innocence and we step back to the days of lynching mobs and back alley justice. We have come too far to give away one of the most critical elements of our society.

Democrats have simply gone too far.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
"Nobody's Guilty Until Proven INNOCENT"

unless of course, you end up being one of those unlucky ones who get a false positive on your drug test....

it seems to me that from the very beginning each side had very quickly decided who they would believe and that was that..

either kav was guilty of attempted rape, or ford was guilty of being the participant of this huge left wing conspiracy...
or the dems were guilty of taking advantage of this poor women's confusion as to what had happened to her years ago.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Your mind seems made up already why come to us with questions then?

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I agree with you, except for this part:

it seems to me that from the very beginning each side had very quickly decided who they would believe and that was that..

I don't think the democrats gave it any thought at all. It seemed to me that they automatically denied his viability as soon as they heard his name. The resistance was immediate and intense. Far too intense to be the result of conscious thought and deliberation of material fact or evidence.

It really didn't matter who was nominated. The response from the democrats would have been the same. That is what bothers me the most.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

The presumption of innocence applies to everything.

You can't go around accusing someone of things that are not true and ruining their life. That's how people get sued.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Vroomfondel

The presumption of innocence applies to everything.

You can't go around accusing someone of things that are not true and ruining their life. That's how people get sued.

I wholeheartedly agree. But there are so many people on the news saying the exact opposite it honestly scares me that Americans can be so uninformed of their own rights. How can you defend a right you don't even know you have?

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
"Nobody's Guilty Until Proven INNOCENT"

unless of course, you end up being one of those unlucky ones who get a false positive on your drug test....

On the DEM side true. Its not about believing it's about evidence. Mrs. Ford had none. If Mrs. Ford said Jane Doe took her home from the party, FBI contacts Jane Doe and she says yes I did and she was distraught or If one person was there and collaborated what happened it leads to Mrs. Ford telling the truth. She had no evidence NONE ZILCH.

Im sorry, you don't like it. But if we have a she/he / he/she said and there is no collaborating evidence the assumption of innocence must be given to the accused.

It really is simple to understand unless you are a libtard I guess. Or unless someone makes baseless accusations against you or a loved one without proof I bet you change your thought process then.
edit on 6-10-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join