It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Neanderthals have been the Nephilim?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: Raggedyman

The sequencing of genomes of neanderthals, when compared to Homo Sapiens are quite distinctly different species. There is no speculation about "different races" in sciene, race is as social construct.

And race is not just a social construct
Call yourself a scientist?

I keep forgetting you are from New Zealand, I will try and remember that...

You should really look into whos videos you post before pressing reply bro...

Please elaborate my dear friend

Race is not just a social construct, it could be eye shape, skin colour, height, weight, amount of hair blah blah blah and those videos are saying that, EXACTLY
In fact we seemingly evolve according to our surroundings, doesnt make us less human

Neanderthal could have evolved to its surroundings like Pygmies.
My argument is race is more than just social aspects of life, biologically we may all look slightly different but not much different at a fundamental level as the second video goes into great detail to explain, look different to the eye but the same, just as I argued here dear Ak

The first video explains we are genetically different but human, the second video that we are slightly genetically different but fundamentally the same on the inside, but hey, guess i should have dumbed it down a lot more

But irrespective Ak, can you prove Neanderthal is not 100% human??
Thats the question

Do you want to have a crack at explaining what is the Archetype Homo Sapien Sapien???
edit on 5-10-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Scroll down and check this guy's other videos...

But irrespective Ak, can you prove Neanderthal is not 100% human??
Thats the question

Do you want to have a crack at explaining what is the Archetype Homo Sapien Sapien???

Yup...

Goto google and search "neanderthal skull vs human skull" and goto images...

Notice the difference at all?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Why
He is clear, though we look different we are the same, human

Skull differences don't prove anything
Tasmanian Aboriginal skulls are very different to Anglo skulls and Tasmanian Aboriginals were 100% homo sapien sapien so your argument is false

Skull differences, that's a joke isn't it?

That's like saying a Doberman skull is different to a chihuahua skull so they are not dogs

Go to google and search Tasmanian Aboriginal skull and Neanderthal skull

Notice the difference
edit on 5-10-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

No...just no. They are too far up the established evolutionary chain.

Kinda like saying a gorilla is just a hairy man...or a "Bigfoot" (if we ever get a body)...is really a man with a developmental disability who doesn't shave...

Bible history is hard to correlate with scientific study. One is fact or lack of based...the Bible...on faith.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Dont know, but i do think a case could be made for European and Asian stories and legends of wild men.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Except that the Nephilim were giants and intelligent.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: BloodStainedGlass

Well, if we are going by the bible God wiped em all out so how it relates to us today I cannot figure.

The bible says the Nephilim were on the earth before the flood "and also after." So either some survived somehow, or there was another incursion of the Sons of God messing with human women again after the flood.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

no

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ooder57

But the bible doesn't exist for the purpose of explaining science , nor does it claim to.

So it's silly to hold the bible accountable to science when it never claimed to be a scientific book.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

In short. No.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ooder57

And that there is the problem.

Science is always proving itself wrong, and thus updates it's own understanding of the universe. (Although, this is usually adjustments more than it is completely rewriting what we know; amendments if you will).

The Bible stands unchanged, because it claims in and of itself to be perfect. Doesn't that one arrogant statement make you question it's credibility and validity? (Although, this is kind of untrue, given the thousands of variations of the bible over the last few thousand years).

I'm not bashing your personal spirituality, just your belief in that which has been proven fallible in the universe explanation arena.

As for the coincidence, it's not one. Human beings, us, used to compete for land and resources with Neanderthal and Denisovans hundreds of housands of years ago according to archaeological and biological interpretation. We modern humans defeated them so-to-speak, and thus their genus died off.

You won't find accurate accounts of these creatures in moses writings, because moses was ignorant to what came hundreds of thousands of years before him.

It literally wasn't until the last few hundred years that we had the tools, the understanding and the intellectual drive to discover our ancient past.

So i guess, moses and all biblical authors can be forgiven for their ignorance.

We have had tools for a couple hundred years???? I will definitely challenge that.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
what does the Bible teach about the Nephilim?
The 'Sons of God' took human form and had relations with the daughters of men.

Genesis 6:1-2
When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose.

1 Enoch 6:1-2
“1. And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters. 2. And the angels, the children of heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: ‘Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children’.”

It started with the beautiful daughter of men, such as this one:

many theorize that these 'Sons of God' were angels that took human form (dna), possibly to help us settle on the Earth after being exiled from Eden.

Call them The Watchers.

the Neanderthals were not giants but they had big brains and were apparently very strong.
they were 'human' but not Homo Sapiens.
Any thoughts on whether the Neanderthals might be the Nephilim?

Neanderthals were human. Nephilim were NOT.
edit on 5-10-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Kinda like saying a gorilla is just a hairy man...or a "Bigfoot" (if we ever get a body)...is really a man with a developmental disability who doesn't shave...

Bible history is hard to correlate with scientific study. One is fact or lack of based...the Bible...on faith.

man and gorilla are not genetically compatible. no one with any scientific nolluj would call a gorilla a 'hairy man'.

pygmies are human beings with a hereditary short streak. they can interbreed with 'regular' humans.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'm going to clarify from the get-go that I have no belief in Abrahamic religions, so I don't believe the Nephilim are, or ever were, an actual thing.

Having said that, in the bible, didn't the Nephilim have vastly superior intelligence to humans? That's mentioned several places. They were clearly superior to us in size and intelligence.

That isn't the case with Neanderthals. We were superior to them in intellect, otherwise we probably wouldn't have survived because they were supposedly so much stronger than us.

Therefore, that cancels out the idea that they were the Nephilim of the bible. A key piece of that puzzle is missing...intelligence.
edit on 5-10-2018 by narrator because: spelling

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

the Neanderthals were not giants but they had big brains and were apparently very strong. they were 'human' but not Homo Sapiens. Any thoughts on whether the Neanderthals might be the Nephilim?

Here is the problem with this. Nephillim were a race of creatures bred by the great giants who in turn were bred by angels and humans in the days of Jered. Yered was born 485 years after Adam and died 1422 years after Adam. So he lived 937 years. The Nephillim became a race during that 937 years. If the Neanderthal were extinct 40,000 years ago then that means that the Niphillim were not even thought about for thousands of years later.

If Neanderthals were extinct about 40,000 years ago in the biblical narrative they could not have bred with humanoids. So in this case you are mixing secular science with biblical theology and they simply cannot mix. The only way to connect the two would be to accept that humans lived some 40,000 years ago and discard the biblical narrative.

My opinion of Neaderthal's is that they are a breed of apes that are now extinct.

edit on 5-10-2018 by Seede because: word change

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I believe Andrew Collins says that half-Neanderthal, half Cro-Magnon Aryan Master Race, the "Salutrians" were probably the Nephilim, forced out of northern Europe by the weather upheaval at the end of the Younger Dryas.

I don't think he's right.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

The sequencing of genomes of neanderthals, when compared to Homo Sapiens are quite distinctly different species. There is no speculation about "different races" in sciene, race is as social construct.

Evert plant, every animal in existence can be classified into subspecies. Every human is the same subspecies. ??

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

the Neanderthals were not giants but they had big brains and were apparently very strong. they were 'human' but not Homo Sapiens. Any thoughts on whether the Neanderthals might be the Nephilim?

Here is the problem with this. Nephillim were a race of creatures bred by the great giants who in turn were bred by angels and humans in the days of Jered. Yered was born 485 years after Adam and died 1422 years after Adam. So he lived 937 years. The Nephillim became a race during that 937 years. If the Neanderthal were extinct 40,000 years ago then that means that the Niphillim were not even thought about for thousands of years later.

If Neanderthals were extinct about 40,000 years ago in the biblical narrative they could not have bred with humanoids. So in this case you are mixing secular science with biblical theology and they simply cannot mix. The only way to connect the two would be to accept that humans lived some 40,000 years ago and discard the biblical narrative.

My opinion of Neaderthal's is that they are a breed of apes that are now extinct.

the Biblical and science timelines are not compatible as now written. I believe the standard science numbers are hugely inaccurate.
if Neanderthals were apes we could not have interbred.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

man and gorilla are not genetically compatible. no one with any scientific nolluj would call a gorilla a 'hairy man'.

pygmies are human beings with a hereditary short streak. they can interbreed with 'regular' humans.

And as you imply...the neandertal and all we understand about him...is a far cry from the reported historic accounts...true or not...fact, fiction or falacy...of what we believe of the high intelligence and supposed appearances of the Nephilm.

Like comparing an anteater to a human medical doctor. Two totally different phylums.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join