It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff: Border Patrol agent suspected of killing 4 women

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
1 serial killer down, 49 to go.

The FBI estimates that there are between 25 and 50 serial killers operating on our soil at any given time. One was just caught in the ranks of our own Border Patrol for the murders of four prostitutes.

A U.S. Border Patrol agent suspected of killing four women was arrested early Saturday after a fifth woman who had been abducted managed to escape from him and notify authorities, law enforcement officials said, describing the agent as a “serial killer.”

Juan David Ortiz, an intel supervisor for the Border Patrol, fled from state troopers and was found hiding in a truck in a hotel parking lot in Laredo at around 2 a.m. Saturday, Webb County Sheriff Martin Cuellar said at a news conference in the border city about 145 miles (235 kilometers) southwest of San Antonio.

Given the profession he chose tells me that these four women may not be the only deaths -- imagine the access he could maybe have had to droves of undocumented illegals that no one in our country would miss, call in as missing or search for.

It's a pretty good gig for a serial killer -- gives an aura of credibility since it is law enforcement, blends in with other potentially controlling or authoritative, perhaps violent personalities (think Stanford Prison Experiment and what happens to people in such professions), and gives access to people not in the system.

Cuellar said investigators have “very strong evidence” that he is responsible for the deaths of the four women, who are believed to worked as prostitutes.

“We do consider this to be a serial killer,” said Webb County District Attorney Isidro Alaniz.

APNews

Homing in on the ladies of the night is usually not only about easy access, but may unravel some manifestations of sexual trauma or abuse. It will be interesting to read up on this one when more info is released and it's been studied.

Anyone near that area that that may have juicier info on this story? Heard about the killings? Knew someone?

edit on 15-9-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
To become an "agent".."officer of the law", there's some pretty strenuous "background checks" that are done, along with Certification, licensing, training and blah, blah and blah. Most of which is geared toward if you, 1. Have been educated by the state? 2. If having been educated, can you obey?
Very little, I mean very little, has anything to do, if you know right from wrong. Most Leo's today would have arrested G. Washington because he broke the "law".

Kinda hard for me to believe this (mere mortal) "agent", was capable of such evil. After all, they had a badge.

OP. If this story is true? Is it surprising? Are Leo's actually held to a higher standard? Or is it because the law has got their back if they kill you?
I'd wager, there's more crimes committed per capita, by "authorized agents" than "civilians".

Good for this Sheriff in having the guts to arrest a federal "officer". Now if more Sheriffs would start arresting city security guards (police) for breaking the law, we could probably turn this country around. This kinda sick stuff wouldn't happen.

Other than that? So what? A potentially evil civilian/person got arrested. Doesn't matter who employed him. Really it doesn't!

Evil men, and evil men with badges/authority, need to be dealt with equally. If he's guilty, hope he hangs.

link   
To become an "agent".."officer of the law", there's some pretty strenuous "background checks" that are done, along with Certification, licensing, training and blah, blah and blah. Most of which is geared toward if you, 1. Have been educated by the state? 2. If having been educated, can you obey?
Very little, I mean very little, has anything to do, if you know right from wrong. Most Leo's today would have arrested G. Washington because he broke the "law".

Kinda hard for me to believe this (mere mortal) "agent", was capable of such evil. After all, they had a badge.

OP. If this story is true? Is it surprising? Are Leo's actually held to a higher standard? Or is it because the law has got their back if they kill you?
I'd wager, there's more crimes committed per capita, by "authorized agents" than "civilians".

Good for this Sheriff in having the guts to arrest a federal "officer". Now if more Sheriffs would start arresting city security guards (police) for breaking the law, we could probably turn this country around. This kinda sick stuff wouldn't happen.

Other than that? So what? A potentially evil civilian/person got arrested. Doesn't matter who employed him. Really it doesn't!

Evil men, and evil men with badges/authority, need to be dealt equally. If he's guilty, hope he hangs.

link   

Evil men, and evil men with badges/authority, need to be dealt equally. If he's guilty, hope he hangs.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Like others of his kind, death penalty if he is indeed guilty.

top topics

join