It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.A Government looks to ban Canadian Marijuana investors from entering the U.S. for life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
www.politico.com...

This is beyond ridiculous to me. To ban someone that simply invests in a Canadian Marijuana company from ever entering the U.S. What is next? make it illegal for U.S. citizens to invest marijuana companies? I sometimes hate my country. We pound our chests about freedom then pull sh!t like this. It is beyond me that we allow the sale of opioid painkillers but yet make cannabid oil illegal. I have never smoked the crap in my life but I am very libertarian in the sense of minimal government. Why don't they just get on board and legalize it but make it illegal to be stoned and drive, treat it like alcohol, but also make medicinal MJ legal. I am conservative but it floors me that the same conservatives that were lamenting the government getting involved with healthcare with Obama care are ok with the government getting involved and telling your doctor he can't administer a drug he would deem necessary . STAY THE EFF OUT OF OUR LIVES.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Amen to that

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Don't do drugs. But seems stupid to me to ban medical uses. I say, let the pot flow.

S&F

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I agree with you but for different reasons. Those who have been banned can file suit is US District Court and I urge them to do so. The courts should have the power to determine if the actions constitute gross violation of protections built into the Constitution and if so the abusers should be fired by the Court right out of government. My best,

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: airforce47

Why even ban them in the first place? Seems like an awful waste of court time and resources to do what you are saying.

I guess the way I see it the government should only be there to provide for national defense and infrastructure, the rest is left to the states and individuals. 10th amendment says any power not given to the government in the constitution goes to the states and individual
edit on 13-9-2018 by norhoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
No big deal.

It’s only 6.1% of the worlds land mass still lots of cool stuff to see and places to go.

People actually still care about pot? Fry some bigger fish some time and go after heroin or something.

In another 30 years when all the dinosaurs are extinct I bet it gets lifted
edit on 13-9-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Boooooooooo!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
That is insanity. The amount of local businesses, advertising, road sponsorships, employment opportunities, tourism, on and on which has been enabled here locally by the marijuana industry is astounding.

Guess what else? I did not have to buy ANY school supplies for my son this year. None. Besides a new backpack just as a gift.

Why you ask? Marijuana taxes. They paid for the school supplies for all the children in the entire damned city here. And this particular city does not even offer recreational shops for christ sake.

Those are good things people. If other countries did crazy # like this - I suppose I should also be denied entry because weed money paid for my familys supplies this year?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I really don't see how they can do it, or why, unless they don't want the Canadians interfering with our trade?
Because how many border states already, or are going to, have it legal? I'm in MI, and come November. Go Michigan! LOL

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Certain substances are still against Federal laws.
That group that oversees interstate and international trade.

edit on 9/13/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

It is ridiculous to make a plant illegal, it is crazy to make a mushroom illegal, I guess if I went out and picked clover and it got me high they would make clover illegal? Yet completely manufactured and processed drugs are legal.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: Gothmog

It is ridiculous to make a plant illegal, it is crazy to make a mushroom illegal, I guess if I went out and picked clover and it got me high they would make clover illegal? Yet completely manufactured and processed drugs are legal.

Well dang....
Take your case to the Supreme Court.
Although the Supreme Court can only judiciate on the Constitution .
You would somehow have to say the Federal laws violated the Constitution somehow
I did not make those laws.

edit on 9/13/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

In another 30 years when all the dinosaurs are extinct

This is the one thing that gives me hope.

A lot of new faces coming up in politics today.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Yep, on the 17th....Canada goes full on legal the first country to do that.....4 days

Trump outta say us too to stop the border being a problem....idk....yes I do to know

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Why ? the law in Canada is if an American has commited certain crimes they aren't allowed across the border,so the dirt bag liberals have nothing to complain about,same as their law

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

Don't do drugs.

just like Bert(who is fat) says

when it comes to drugs, just take half

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
BAM!

If You like 'Cannabis' look here: whale.to...

If You are 'anti-marihuana' then have a nice day!

Remember: 'marihuana' is a gov't. issued 'word' to make Cannabis sound Hispanic..

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Why does it work?

See: endo-CANNABINOID system...

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Is "time" an investment? Then this might apply to me.
No worries though. I haven't had a desire to go to the States in decade.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Except it is now a legal industry in Canada so the people working there and investing in it are not breaking any laws. So your argument does not hold up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join