It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dalai Lama states that Europe is for Europeans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Speaking in Sweden shortly after the "ruinous" election of far right wing monsters that plan to destroy the world the Dalai Lama appears to agree with their central tenet.

The Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, said Wednesday that "Europe belongs to the Europeans" and that refugees should return to their native countries to rebuild them. Speaking at a conference in Sweden's third-largest city of Malmo, home to a large immigrant population, the Dalai Lama -- who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1989 -- said Europe was "morally responsible" for helping "a refugee really facing danger against their life". "Receive them, help them, educate them... but ultimately they should develop their own country," said the 83-year-old Tibetan who fled the capital Lhasa in fear of his life after China poured troops into the region to crush an uprising. "I think Europe belongs to the Europeans," he said, adding they should make clear to refugees that "they ultimately should rebuild their own country".

What in the world is going on? How could the ol Lama ever speak such madness?

www.france24.com...

Is France24 a right wing nutjob news agency? If so my apologies on their obvious fake news story.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

It doesn't take divine wisdom to understand his view.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Who else does Europe "belong" to except for the people who live there?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Dalai the Llama for prez 2020

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

It doesn't take divine wisdom to understand his view.

True. It just takes common sense, which actually isn't common at all anymore.

Which is a pity, really.

Global Idiocracy... coming to a planet near you!

edit on 13-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

Hes drawing a parallel to Tibet's fight for freedom. Tibet belongs to Tibetans, not the Chinese.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Sorry.

Giant Space Snake 2020

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: JasonBillung

Hes drawing a parallel to Tibet's fight for freedom. Tibet belongs to Tibetans, not the Chinese.

And my lawn is mine, until I sell my property to the next guy.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Gunna be a tough election space snake vs cereal girl in 2024

a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity...

What's European?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Because Tibet is for Tibetan's, as a man from a nation which has been stolen from it's people by the Chinese he know's all too well and personally what many and a Growing number of European's are starting to feel as they see the increasing Islamization of Europe and the degradation of many Indigenous European cultures with even ethnic blonds having been put onto the endangered list, in the case of SOME but definitely not all European nations though we could argue that it is ultimately Karma after hundreds of years of colonization and exporting there people to OTHER people's land's.

Even Tibet could be argued the same though since they were once the center of a great empire which had imperial China forced to pay them protection money after the invaded China and took the capital city then made this protection racket agreement with the then captive Chinese Emperor.

Remember though at least the Tibetan empire was not sterilizing native Chinese and replacing them with colonists from its' own nation.

Look at it this way as well, There was a great pendulum swing of public opinion following the Nazi regime of the 1930's and 40's which drove people and there opinions to the center left in western Europe in disgust at the atrocity's the Nazi's had committed while once the wall came down and the soviet union fell the sentiment in much of Eastern Europe was to swing back to the right until the more economically and politically powerful western European nation's and interests curtailed this for a time.

BUT the pendulum as far as migration and merging of Europe under the EU (in the interests of just a handful of the elite whom are using it to line there own pockets while impoverishing everyone else) has gone far too far to the left while economically it has gone too far to the right thus creating feeling's of anger and rage in the population and especially among those worst hit, this is easy for right wingers to use to recruit others to there cause and that is what they are doing so this is a needless pendulum swing to the right caused mostly by very bad EU policy's which have exacerbated historic bad immigration policy's of the 1960's and 70's from the pre-EU period.

link   
Isn't European simply a person who lives in Europe?

link   
They are those tuff crappy skinny wieners at the grocery store

a reply to: seagull

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

said Europe was "morally responsible" for helping "a refugee really facing danger against their life"

adding they should make clear to refugees that "they ultimately should rebuild their own country".

What's wrong with that ?

I don't see the madness , it makes sense.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Butterfinger

Sorry.

Giant Space Snake 2020

I was going to go with Mictlāntēcutli for 2020, but I guess I will watch the debates and see where it goes.

edit on 13-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: seagull
Just out of curiosity...

What's European?

Bunch of migrants who wandered into a sub-continent over the past 150,000 years.Used to be black folks, until about 4,500 years ago, then they got the white smack down about 4,500 years ago. Now they think they own the joint.

link   

originally posted by: seagull
Just out of curiosity...

What's European?

That's what you say when you're in the gent's room and someone's at the urinal.

But seriously, I would think, given the context, the Dalai Lama was talking about the influx of Islamic folks.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

, given the context, the Dalai Lama was talking about the influx of Islamic folks.

Yeah. I am sure that is what you saw.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

You said exactly what I was thinking.

There was an article that talked about Africa for Africans and everyone's head exploded. Dalai Lama says it for Europe and all of a sudden it's a great thing. People are hypocrites!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
So in a nutshell you are saying that the Dalai Lama is using his own understanding of events to understand similar events?

That will not work well at a dinner party. Tsk tsk...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join