It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the reasons Type 2 Diabetics aren't getting better...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

CryHavoc, have you ever tried a ketogenic diet?
There is lots of evidence it can reverse diabetes.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr X

CryHavoc, have you ever tried a ketogenic diet?
There is lots of evidence it can reverse diabetes.

I'll look into it.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
My Doctor actually told me that my Body Temperature has nothing to do with Muscle Function!

Your doctor is correct: body temperature does not affect muscle functions as they will use energy the same way whether you just started walking after sitting for two hours or whether you have been walking for half an hour. Temperature does not affect energy source.

Any Body Builder or Professional Athlete is going to say otherwise.

Poor physiological understanding make people think a 'warm up' will result in 'warmer muscles' and thus better glucose 'burning', but it doesn't work like that. A warm up is necessary to prevent injuries as it increases muscles elasticity and smoothing of muscular contractions. It does not affect how they use glucose.

A Conspiracy?
Or Doctors that just don't know what they are doing?
www.telegraph.co.uk...

You misunderstood the study: it never shows that 'hot' muscles work less than 'cold' muscles, it shows that increasing body temperature (whether with exercise or a long very hot bath) increases the numbers of heat shock proteins, which are usually released when the body respond to stresses. These proteins seem to help the body regulate sugar levels and even regulate insulin function.

Here is the original study which is not interpreted (wrongly) by non academic journalist in the link you provided (the one from the Torygraph):

Original study.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I love how you assume that nothing you just said could be wrong.

And yet, 29 million Type 2 Diabetic Americans are proving you wrong.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Yep the doctors only know what they're taught

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I love how you assume that nothing you just said could be wrong.

And yet, 29 million Type 2 Diabetic Americans are proving you wrong.

Not sure whether you are replying to me but I'll answer anyway.

The US has the highest prevalence of Diabetes in developed countries, 11% of its population. Then we have countries like Ireland, Sweden, Italy and France that have the lowest prevalence, around 4%. And you are saying it's all due to low core temperature and thus muscles not working properly?

Although body temperature has a range that is considered normal, it varies from individual to individual depending on age, gender, etc. Individual's core temperature also vary during the day. Older people are usually colder than younger ones. Women during their period are usually hotter than when they don't have their period, etc. As you can see body temperature varies so much according to so many factors it cannot be the only contributor to the Diabetes epidemic you see in the US.

Here is a large study on body temperature.

Regarding muscles, if your theory is correct then all quadriplegic and paraplegic people should have Diabetes. Just post the statistics that prove this and I'll change my mind and accept you are correct.

Diabetes Type II is caused by unhealthy diets and lack of exercise, and China is proof of that: in 1980 China less than 5% of the population had Diabetes, now 10%. At the same time, since the '80s, Chinese have moved to big cities, have more money, are eating more rubbish, are less physically active and obesity is increasing. Those are the factors that are causing diabetes type II (Data from The WHO)

Unfortunately the older we get the higher the risk of getting diabetes, despite being fit. Our bodies start deteriorating slowly but from the age of 40 our pancreatic function decreases (and not just that, cancer risk is also higher from 65+, cardiovascular diseases, etc). Aging is one of the risk factors for many diseases.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I was diagnosed with Type 2 when I was 50. My former Dr. had me taking 4 Metformin & 4 Glipizides every day and told me the next step was insulin. The only advice he ever gave me was to lose weight, never anything specific about my diet. I finally decided that I'm not going on insulin and drastically changed my diet. First I went low carb and was able to go down to 2 metformin & 2 Glipizides a day. I also started to lose weight.
Then I went on a keto diet. I lost 40 lbs and was able to go down to only 1 metformin per day and no glipizide at all. My blood sugar consistently hoovers between 95-115 with the highest reading first thing in the morning. I quit going to this Dr. and the new Primary ran a whole panel of blood tests and said my A1C was only slightly above normal and recommended that I stick to whatever it is I was doing.

I occasionally cheat on the weekends and bump my carbs up to 80-100 grams per day.

This morning though my blood sugar was 177, but that's because I stayed up to 2am watching YouTube, reading ATS treads and drinking Jack daniels. But by noon today it will be back down to the 115 range without taking any meds at all. I do not offer anyone medical advice because I am no Dr. I can only say what has worked for me. I was never a big believer in the whole Big Pharma conspiracy, wanting us to stay sick and unhealthy, but I do believe most Dr's are content to stay within the conventionally accepted parameters regarding Type 2 treatments even if they fail most patients.

My body temp is always below 98, I never get a fever, even on the rare occasion I am actually sick, however my wife is always saying my body exudes heat like a furnace.... Probably just an excuse to put her cold feet on me in bed and wake me up so I stop snoring. She is sneaky like that.

edit on 9/16/2018 by Sparky63 because: clarification

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

Unfortunately, Dr's know that most people will not make the necessary changes in diet and lifestyle so they continue to push the meds. It took me several years to finally take my health seriously enough to make significant changes. I had to see my dad giving himself insulin shots and still taking meds to control his type 2 "diabeetus" to wake me up.
For people who refuse to change their habits, meds are the only other option.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

The biggest scam of all is being told that the only "cure" for type 2 diabetes is medication, that is a total lie. Most cases of type 2 can be be brought under control or totally alleviate type 2 with diet and it is not the diet they will tell you to go on. Of course, it takes dedication and discipline to change your diet and lifestyle. If anyone is interested, I can lead you to solutions.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparky63

Unfortunately, Dr's know that most people will not make the necessary changes in diet and lifestyle so they continue to push the meds. It took me several years to finally take my health seriously enough to make significant changes. I had to see my dad giving himself insulin shots and still taking meds to control his type 2 "diabeetus" to wake me up.
For people who refuse to change their habits, meds are the only other option.

You are right, many folks will not bother to educate themselves or make the needed changes to prevent or restore health, but they should be given the options, all of them and they aren't. The medical world wants the repeated business diabetes brings and they don't want to spend the time working with someones diet and when they get healthy there is no need to return.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
"Pre" Type 2 Diabetes is the biggest medical scam ever perpetuated on mankind since "Global Warming".

Everyone will eventually be diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes...it's a medical insurance and big pharma UTOPIA!!

What a RUSE!!

They also keep lowering what an acceptable blood pressure is so they can get you on blood pressure meds and they give statins for cholesterol as a preventive measure. You really have to be aware when you go to a doctor. Do not let them put you on meds you don't really need. Do not accept what you are told on blind faith. Your health is your responsibility.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The main reason they don’t get better is because they refuse to eat properly plain and simple. Another preventable disease with a known cause. People are morons.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
The main reason they don’t get better is because they refuse to eat properly plain and simple. Another preventable disease with a known cause. People are morons.

You really think 29 million people all of sudden decided not to eat right? You're right - People are morons. And one of those People is you.

Here, I'll be more specific.

I'm 49 years old.
I've never had a blood sugar problem before I was 37.
I've lost 61 pounds and my blood sugar got a lot worse.
I'm eating the same things I have my whole life - in fact, I'm eating less.
Nothing anyone has described here is matching what I'm dealing with.

And you all still don't get that the Medical Community can be wrong.

Please stop responding if you're an idiot.
edit on 16-9-2018 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

You really think 29 million people all of sudden decided not to eat right? You're right - People are morons. And one of those People is you.

Here, I'll be more specific.

I'm 49 years old.
I've never had a blood sugar problem before I was 37.
I've lost 61 pounds and my blood sugar got a lot worse.
I'm eating the same things I have my whole life - in fact, I'm eating less.
Nothing anyone has described here is matching what I'm dealing with.

And you all still don't get that the Medical Community can be wrong.

Please stop responding if you're an idiot.

It's not a sudden problem, please see what I wrote about China.

A very small percentage of people that are slim and fit still get Diabetes type II and there are a couple of known reasons: their pancreas is not working properly, they have fatty liver, they have lots of stress (stress raises cortisol levels which also raises sugar levels). Some medication also raise blood sugar levels (steroids, Haloperidol etc).

If you are as healthy as you say, eat fresh food and exercise then you need serious tests to find out why (you may have an unknown infection, a malignancy etc). It is not caused by low body temperature or weak muscles.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I have a friend who was a chemist and became a doctor. He assured me that he has only 15 mins to see a patient AND do his documentation. And the insurance company prefers a drug/referral/and a follow up visit. Because doctors are now being evaluated based on "patient satisfaction". If the patient feels he got something out of the appt, he is more likely to come back.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: katfish

I have a friend who was a chemist and became a doctor. He assured me that he has only 15 mins to see a patient AND do his documentation. And the insurance company prefers a drug/referral/and a follow up visit. Because doctors are now being evaluated based on "patient satisfaction". If the patient feels he got something out of the appt, he is more likely to come back.

Excellent points made,katfish. Most people feel somehow cheated leaving a doctors appointment without a prescription. The way to health requires discipline in many cases and most people would rather pop a pill. It is also a quick way to get them out of the office. " Take this and come back in a month and let me know how it works"

I am a nurse and I assure you, your disease is big business. There are vested interest in chronic diseases, beware.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Hello ATS™ members who deal w/diabetes.

As part of My pursuit of 'way better health' I've been doing "Ayurveda" for a few years now and part of that is taking different herbs. Whilst on another site I recommended "Amla" and when I went to send a link re: Amla I came across this:

www.masteringdiabetes.org...

I thought I'd pass it along.

Asante

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I also just ran across this and evidently it is NOT getting reported like it should..

Patients taking Altoprev (lovastatin extended release), Crestor (rosuvastatin), Lescol (fluvastatin), Lipitor (atorvastatin), Livalo (pitavastatin), Mevacor (lovastatin), Pravachol (pravastatin), Zocor (simvastatin), Advicor (lovastatin / niacin extended-release), Simcor (simvastatin / niacin extended-release), and Vytorin (simvastatin / ezetimibe) will want to be aware of these potentially life-altering side effects, which are receiving little attention from the mainstream media.

"The reports about memory loss, forgetfulness and confusion span all statin products and all age groups," writes the FDA on its website. And concerning diabetes, the FDA writes that "raised blood sugar levels and the development of Type 2 diabetes have been reported with the use of statins."

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

100% total false statements right there.

Repeat after me... It ALL starts with food.

What medical and/or nutritional college did you go to for your degree? PhD correct? There better be to make those claims. Or maybe you're sick and angry at the medical community?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join