It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STOP!!! (Mods please move this post if not in the proper spot).

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I honestly get the good intentions behind this idea. You aren't sure if you picked the right forum, and you want to be nice to the mods and let them know you won't be angry of they move your thread. Guess what? They don't care. Not to say the mods are soul less creatures, they however, will move your thread if it needs moved, even of you don't give them your blessing.

I don't know for sure if this is true, but I heard the ATS search function is so screwed up due to just this error. If the first sentence of a thread is this kind of message, then the content of the thread will not be seen right in a search. **If that's not true, Mods, please correct me.**

So when writing a thread, put your heart into it. Be creative. Do research, and leave room for good discussion. But DO NOT act as if you are granting mods permission to do their job. They will do it, even if you don't give them your OK. It's their job.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Mods, I think this belongs in Board Business and Questions.

Please move if you think it belongs there.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Like Cory Booker, I am going to risk certain banishment and censorship by stating what I am going to state.

But I don't care.

"I agree with your OP."

There.

It is done.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Like Cory Booker, I am going to risk certain banishment and censorship by stating what I am going to state.

But I don't care.

I got ya beat...

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Not to say the mods are soul less creatures...

You sure about that?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

you want to be nice to the mods

Yah right.

Good rant OP

edit on 10-9-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I wish I could share this sentiment on every social media platform. It irks me to no other. Stop being so self deprecating. Just post.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'd give you some of my stars and flags if I could.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

you want to be nice to the mods

Yah right.

Good rant OP

Yep, you definitely got "too much"

(thyme on your hands!)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

But...but...you did already!

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

(thyme on your hands!)

I'd hate to see Jagger without his shirt then.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I honestly get the good intentions behind this idea. You aren't sure if you picked the right forum, and you want to be nice to the mods and let them know you won't be angry of they move your thread. Guess what? They don't care. Not to say the mods are soul less creatures, they however, will move your thread if it needs moved, even of you don't give them your blessing.

I don't know for sure if this is true, but I heard the ATS search function is so screwed up due to just this error. If the first sentence of a thread is this kind of message, then the content of the thread will not be seen right in a search. **If that's not true, Mods, please correct me.**

So when writing a thread, put your heart into it. Be creative. Do research, and leave room for good discussion. But DO NOT act as if you are granting mods permission to do their job. They will do it, even if you don't give them your OK. It's their job.

You're better off starting with your thread subject in the 1st few words of title and 1st sentence so it can be found now and in 5 years!

Close it with.."Mods...please move if..."

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Not to say the mods are soul less creatures

I thought ATS took ownership of said item when you become a mod!?!?!

Members could also maybe message a mod if they feel they've posted a thread in the wrong forum.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Mods are not soulless.

They have dozens.

In tiny little jars.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Always wondered why those Mods from the Who movies, spent their free-time mucking-about here on ATS, and moving threads around.

**Mods: if this post is offensive: please tighten-up your trouser cuffs,
and boot this post through the goalposts of righteousness.**

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I hate democraps, Maxine Watters, Nancy Pelosi, Hillary, Billary, liver and onions, antifa, snowflakes, social justice warriors, Chevrolet's, # 1 pencils, broken fingernails, losing posts because an OP is pulled and disappears, the taste of water out of a hose when it's warm, gingerbread, bread that is kneaded too long and turns to gluten, flat tires, being axed if I want to supersize or want cheese on that, big city traffic, dogs, illegal aliens, China, Mexico, George Soros, California, Jerry Brown, California, Jerry Brown, Sketchers, Surfers, Pigs, Congress, Insurance, alphabet people, mud, smog, California, plain yogurt, stale potato chips, Hillary, democraps, liberals, progressives, mosquito bites, drunks, telephone sales vendors, girl scout cookies. Also British accents, Yankees, chicken from Walmart deli, Crispy Creame, Alex Jones, 0bama, Starbucks, steel toed boots, caked up salt shakers, Myrtle Beach, Budweiser, Fox News, Nancy Pelosi, flies, ants, posers, narcissists, and running out of PEZ.

These are but a few of the things I hate. But Moderator Movements is not one of them.

edit on 10-9-2018 by Plotus because: and EDITING

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Dont be wastin my thyme!

I'm alerting the mods to move this BS!

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I agree too. So many OP open with that , It almost seems like a standard greeting.
If you are posting in the wrong place the mods will do their job without you asking them to do so.
Do your thing and the mods will do theirs.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
I
If you are posting in the wrong place the mods will do their job without you asking them to do so.

Yeah right into the Trash Bin.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I hate democraps, Maxine Watters, Nancy Pelosi, Hillary, Billary, liver and onions, antifa, snowflakes, social justice warriors, Chevrolet's, # 1 pencils, broken fingernails, losing posts because an OP is pulled and disappears, the taste of water out of a hose when it's warm, gingerbread, bread that is kneaded too long and turns to gluten, flat tires, being axed if I want to supersize or want cheese on that, big city traffic, dogs, illegal aliens, China, Mexico, George Soros, California, Jerry Brown, California, Jerry Brown, Sketchers, Surfers, Pigs, Congress, Insurance, alphabet people, mud, smog, California, plain yogurt, stale potato chips, Hillary, democraps, liberals, progressives, mosquito bites, drunks, telephone sales vendors, girl scout cookies. Also British accents, Yankees, chicken from Walmart deli, Crispy Creame, Alex Jones, 0bama, Starbucks, steel toed boots, caked up salt shakers, Myrtle Beach, Budweiser, Fox News, Nancy Pelosi, flies, ants, posers, narcissists, and running out of PEZ.

And REPEATING myself. ...................................The Mods I Like.
edit on 10-9-2018 by Plotus because: And what if I don't? I hate melting Klondike Bars Too

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join