It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early winter freeze to grip Britain with below zero temperatures and frosty winds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet that those living in the path of Hurricane Florence would be more than happy to trade the wind and rain for a little cold.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: toysforadults

Where in the name of all that's good in the world, did you find somewhere a person could be nice and cold, rather than boiling hot? Temperature wise, its still well within Boris Johnson's apparent prefered dating range, that being 18-25 degrees C where I am. I wish it were cooler, much cooler, cold, frozen.

If the environment could survive it, after the summer we just had, I would quite happily never see direct sunlight again for as long as I live. Give me cloud cover, storms, rain, ice and snow and high winds, any day of the week, over the oppressive, scorching hot, disgustingly humid conditions we have experienced here in Essex over the period between spring and now.

If I remember correctly as to where you are located .. what's to like about the summer! All the lovely people in Essex descend into your area! I shared probably the exact same weather as you being only a little down to road from you. I enjoy the sun but damn that was too hot. If I had a pool though that I could jump into I would of been fine.
edit on 10-9-2018 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
Summer wasn't short for us in essex we had like 2 months of sunshine and no rain. Anyway bring on the big freeze we hear this every year and I'm still waiting for it to happen

You guys will be able to walk over to France, or perhaps skate over -- screw the Chunnel.

And I know from personal experience, them Calais girls are worth the walk. So is the wine.

I'm not keen on the French .. and freeze the channel? No thanks I can imagine an army of asylum seekers leaving the camps at the French ports and start marching toward the English coast haha

new topics

<< 1   >>

join