It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Doom. . . . I mean Florence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm stocked up on the 3 B's; bullets, booze and bacon.

What happened to the 5 B's? When were boobs & butts dropped from the list?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

DB is on the west coast.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
The West Coast is the place to be this time of year
(Unless of course we have an earthquake)

Stay safe people. Looks like a lot of water being dumped by this one

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
The West Coast is the place to be this time of year
(Unless of course we have an earthquake)

Stay safe people. Looks like a lot of water being dumped by this one

The timing of this couldn't be worse from the perspective of I enjoy the buildup and learning about extreme weather.
I have been in Irvine, California for the past 2 weeks and won't be heading back to the East coast until Saturday so watching the home get hit from a hotel isn't easy.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Fox has a good near-realtime on Florence. Fast now and predictions.

Linky

95% take it to SC, but there are 2 predictions that want it to climb the coast (those bastards)
edit on 11-9-2018 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Little worried about this, my mother is an executive (ready to retire) for a company that does assisted and memory care living.

She is in Florida right now and has been directed, that she may be re routed up to SC to make sure those buildings deal with things appropriately

The ones in Florida have been stocked with water and food enough for 5 days, I dont know what they are doing for the ones up north of her.

I fear they will send her the next few days into direct contact with this storm. Im very tempted to leave my brother in law in charge of the company and join her in SC.

I have a bad feeling about this one.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

If that company has any sense at all, they would never send anyone into a suspected hurricane landfall. I would think you would not have to worry about that. Perhaps a tip to the company that it concerns you would not be out of the question.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

And god knows you would all like this water, Wish you could have it (without the wind, of course)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

If that company has any sense at all, they would never send anyone into a suspected hurricane landfall. I would think you would not have to worry about that. Perhaps a tip to the company that it concerns you would not be out of the question.

Well the problem is, in Houston and in Fla with the last huge hurricanes, they had staff that RAN and left these elderly people to basically die.

I think thats why they want her there, shes already directed that community as well , and they have shipments of food , water, and medicine.

But yes you do have to have someone there, to make sure people do their jobs, it sucks , but its the way of things in disaster.

I would do it in a heartbeat.
edit on 11-9-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

Well the problem is, in Houston and in Fla with the last huge hurricanes, they had staff that RAN and left these elderly people to basically die.

I think thats why they want her there, shes already directed that community as well , and they have shipments of food , water, and medicine.

But yes you do have to have someone there, to make sure people do their jobs, it sucks , but its the way of things in disaster.

I would do it in a heartbeat.

I understand your position. It is a real reason to let your concerns be known. This kind of stuff is what Twitter SHOULD be used for. You put this concern on the map, and they will make sure that there is a contingency looking out for her and everyone else.

The most feared word in business, is Culpability.
edit on 11-9-2018 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

unfortunately I dont do twitter, I dont even really like FB lol.

I know shes a tough Comanche woman, but , it could get really bad , i worry about the storm surge in that area.

At any rate we made it before social mediea, we will after.

I just pray everyone is safe and does what they are suppose to in the areas

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Oh that’s not good at all. Surely they can’t send her to a place that’s being told to get out?
Hope your mother stays safe.

edit on 11-9-2018 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Stay safe who is out there peeps

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   

a reply to: violet

And god knows you would all like this water, Wish you could have it (without the wind, of course)

I’m not in the drought zone. Vancouver Canada, we’ve had plenty of rain here the past week or so.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

originally posted by: Plotus
Don't forget to wear protection, and have a stash of PEZ refills.

The two main hurricane supplies purchased my my area (Houston) are Pop Tarts and beer.

Ok, what am i missing here? I like the principle but surely pop tarts rely on power (toaster)? Pop tarts without the toaster = heathen status.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Yea. Cold poptarts and warm beer.
Seems like some kind of chemical reaction could happen.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

If it's the same company, and the Florida policy is be stocked, then the policy for all hurricane prone facilities should be the same. Generally speaking what I see where I work in company literature is that they all have uniform disaster policies.

That being said, the big threats from this are going to be like they were in Houston -- way too much water, and five days of supplies on hand in flooded facility aren't going to do much for you.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

My 3 B's are;

Bourbon
Bruno Magli
Bellagio

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

My 3 B's are;

Bourbon
Bruno Magli
Bellagio

If you're in the heavy rain path of this storm in the forecast areas another B you should have is a Boat.

Is there still any hope this storm will weaken or turn away from the east coast?

Looks like if it doesn't and what I've seen this looks like it could be an epic storm.

Real doom for a massive area.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

I live in the northwest coast.

A foot of rain is what we call, "meh".

Now these folks on the east coast appear to be heading for a world of hurt.

Haven't seen any sign of it moving.

Perhaps those mystical folks can use a crystal or a chant or a scented candle and veer it away.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join