It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender football star threatens to SUE Australian rules football league

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hey, I get that you have a right to live your life the way you see fit. If changing your gender makes you happy, so be it. That, however, does not mean people have to agree with you, when it comes to allowing you to participate in certain athletic events. Based on the YouTube video clip that I posted below, as well as the pictures, it's clearly evident that "she" is larger and more muscular than the other women playing in the league. It should be noted that both the NCAA and the Olympics have rules in place that allow athletes to compete as the gender they identify with.

Is this safe and fair for other woman athletes, who compete with biological men who are transitioning from male to female? Like a commentator on YouTube pointed out, "You have the bone density and bone structure of a male. You’ve gone all the way through puberty as a male and the science says that has an effect on your bone density." What about muscle mass as well? Take a look at the pictures and watch the video clip. Does this 6'3" athlete, weighing @220 lbs. make a valid point, or do you think that will she will have a clear advantage over other players in the league?

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Its all fun and games, until someone gets hurt.

Im all for folks being whomever they want to be, but...and Im asking the question, does a line need to be drawn, or just have at it and get past it?

Tough questions, but as a Dad of an anatomical female, I would be concerned in this case, theres no denying it.

guess that makes me deplorable in todays world.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

This is all easily solved by changing it from men's and women's leagues to XX's, XY's and XXY's leagues.

Someone can change their gender all they want, but until they can alter their DNA, they are what they were born.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

There is only one thing that I always notice about trangenderism when it comes to sports, and it's that it is never a woman becoming a man and joining a sports team never. It is always a man who becomes a woman joining a female only sport. It's almost as if there is some sort of evidence that men are larger and stronger than women and so these trans people know this and use it to their advantage but that can't be right, I must be over thinking it.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Many "deplorables" like you my friend....I got your back

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

There is only one thing that I always notice about trangenderism when it comes to sports, and it's that it is never a woman becoming a man and joining a sports team never. It is always a man who becomes a woman joining a female only sport. It's almost as if there is some sort of evidence that men are larger and stronger than women and so these trans people know this and use it to their advantage but that can't be right, I must be over thinking it.

Not long ago, there was an entire thread dedicated to trashing one trans guy who wasn't allowed to wrestle with the other guys. Of course, on ATS, everybody blamed him for being forced to wrestle girls.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: wtfatta

This is all easily solved by changing it from men's and women's leagues to XX's, XY's and XXY's leagues.

Someone can change their gender all they want, but until they can alter their DNA, they are what they were born.

Or instead, maybe have a cut-off transition age or even a max "bone density" limit. A girl who transitions in high school is not going to look like that chick in the OP. She's going to be proportioned just like any other girl.
edit on 1-9-2018 by Abysha because: spellinz

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Tough questions, but as a Dad of an anatomical female, I would be concerned in this case, theres no denying it.

There's a big difference between acknowledging an athlete's womanhood but showing concern because she's built like an Amazon due to unfortunate birth circumstances VS being a bigoted jerk who just wants another excuse to bash a trans woman.

Nobody is going to call you "deplorable" for saying what you just said.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Its all fun and games, until someone gets hurt.

Im all for folks being whomever they want to be, but...and Im asking the question, does a line need to be drawn, or just have at it and get past it?

This, to me, is taking it one step too far. I don't care what your parts say, or what gender you want to be. That's your choice and you're welcome to it. That being said, this is a man with a brand new vagina. The deciding factor should be in the genes, not the jeans.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MikeA

I cant say I disagree, technology is making society a great big grey area.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
No. Just no. When it comes to sport dude's a dude. I wouldn't have a problem if Joanie Laurer was competing here:

She's a she. And yes I know she's dead.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

Not long ago, there was an entire thread dedicated to trashing one trans guy who wasn't allowed to wrestle with the other guys. Of course, on ATS, everybody blamed him for being forced to wrestle girls.

Yep, it was this person:

www.washingtonpost.com... c8c5de2c1

He said he would have preferred wrestling with males, but because he was born female, was forced to wrestle females. He easily beat them every time, because he started taking testosterone injections fairly young. Don’t know what his bone density was, but clearly his muscle mass put him at a distinct advantage over his female competitors.

My opinion is, these situations need to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

a reply to: MikeA

I cant say I disagree, technology is making society a great big grey area.

Sorry about that BlueJacket that reply of mine wasn't to you directly. I'm not sure how it got attached to yours.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
That's actually a good idea. No issue here, with a person living the way that makes them happy. However, we need to make it fair for everyone, as well as safe. Perhaps setting limits that EVERYONE can agree with, would be the way to approach this dilemma.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
i see two major issues with any trans playing or competing in sports. especially league, professional, or Olympic type sports. one is as mentioned as the main issue here and that is that males and females do have genetic differences. plain and simple those differences due to genetic makeup do give each sex advantages and disadvantages against each other. this is the main reason why we have things like men's and woman's and co-ed sports in the first place. this is to give fair competition in sport. with the co-ed variety generally being more for fun and recreation than anything else.

the other issue and this applies especially to professional and competition type sports like the NHL or Olympics. and that of course is the steroid factor. which has always made me wonder why the biggest competition sports series, the Olympics, could have even considered letting trans people compete. steroids are BANNED, just as any so called performance improving[i] drug or method (such as simply doping the blood with oxygen), is completely against the rules. and this has always even included drugs needed for legitimate medical issues. like for example my mother who was on specific steroids due to her medical condition. they even made sure she was aware that she would be banned from most all but casual sports due to that when they put her on them. one she took, was even completely ILLEGAL in Canada (and the stated reason it was illegal in Canada was that Canada's athletes might end up taking it). and she almost got busted for smuggling when not realizing that was a problem, she crossed the border with her normal medication, and was searched. and i do recall cases in the Olympics where athletes ended up in trouble over even taking simple over the counter medications for colds, claiming they did not realize it would be an issue. i also recall a case where even marijuana got an athlete into trouble at the Olympics. because they even considered IT a "performance enhancing drug".

and yet all trans people take things like steroids (which of course ARE performance enhancing drugs). in order to become more like the sex they are attempting to pretend they are. if they don't take such things, then they are completely their real sex. therefore how can they allowed to compete in such things, where everyone else is banned from using such things even with a legitimate medical need?

the fact is these people are making the choice to imitate the opposite sex and thus should automatically be banned from these types of sports because either they are taking performance enhancing drugs, or they are the wrong sex. there simply is no fair way to include them. that is just one of the results of the choices they have made. now of course there would be no issue if they had special trans sports that would be obviously open to them, where such normal and appropriate rules would not apply. and that does not necessarily mean that only trans people can play in those special groups (they of course could always make rules that only a trans person can be involved, if they like). just as with wheelchair basketball, in at least some places, you do not have to be disabled in any way to be allowed to play.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

christ.
she's jackmafied

damn tank out there

yeah.the same

hahahahah

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

It is unfair to allow for society to accept someone as their identified gender yet not let them participate in events specific for that gender.

If she identifies as a woman then she should be allowed to participate in woman-specific events and activities.

Anything else is discriminatory.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It is unfair to allow for society to accept someone as their identified gender yet not let them participate in events specific for that gender.

If she identifies as a woman then she should be allowed to participate in woman-specific events and activities.

Anything else is discriminatory.

So then if I understand correctly you feel that if say Arnold felt he was a woman that he be allowed to compete in woman's weight lifting competition?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
can't cut it in man against men sports so pretend to be a woman to go beat women by virtue of being a man.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
can't cut it in man against men sports so pretend to be a woman to go beat women by virtue of being a man.

Very well said

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join