It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC Reportedly Threatened To 'Smear' Ronan Farrow If He Pressed Harvey Weinstein Exposé

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No ro is for removing salts...It does nothing for removing color from water.

Reverse osmosis also involves diffusion, making the process dependent on pressure, flow rate, and other conditions. Reverse osmosis is most commonly known for its use in drinking water purification from seawater, removing the salt and other effluent materials from the water molecules. Reverse osmosis - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org...

Being gross does not make you a sexual predator or guilty of any crimes.

I do not feel that wienstine is guilty of what he is accused.
edit on 31-8-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: JAY1980
Where is Weinstein now anyway?
Any normal person would already be behind bars for a very long time for these indiscretions...

Are you sure or did the msm tell you that?

What were his crimes?

Really?

Are you really asking this question?

I suggest you educate yourself on the topic before coming into the thread.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Well, we do live in a country where you have the right to be wrong, on both accounts.

Reverse osmosis is merely forcing water through a membrane, some are made specifically for desalinization, and some can remove all particulates.

On the part of Harvey Weinstein, there have been sting operations with evidence showing what he does.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: JAY1980
Where is Weinstein now anyway?
Any normal person would already be behind bars for a very long time for these indiscretions...

Are you sure or did the msm tell you that?

What were his crimes?

Really?

Are you really asking this question?

I suggest you educate yourself on the topic before coming into the thread.

Why would you jump to the conclusion that i have not educated myself with the topic? I suppose it is low fruit for most to grasp.

I am asserting that i am familiar with the topic and i have not been convinced that harvey is guilty of anything.

Imho U.S. citizens have a duty to assume someone is innocent until proven guilty. It is not law but a good moral code to live by.

One of the supposed victims claimed the guy flew across the ocean called her and she invited him over and he got there and they had sex then a year later he called her and she invited him back over for more sex.

I do see though how someone with power can abuse it but that does not seem to be the issue.
edit on 31-8-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Well, we do live in a country where you have the right to be wrong, on both accounts.

Reverse osmosis is merely forcing water through a membrane, some are made specifically for desalinization, and some can remove all particulates.

On the part of Harvey Weinstein, there have been sting operations with evidence showing what he does.

Dis coloration is not caused by particulates and i provided a valid link that proves it and ontop of that i own about 7 or so of ro filters and an array of other types and have much first hand knowledge to go along with the link i provided.

I am very much interested in any evidence people bring forward that sheds light on winestiens activities.

I do search for such and sometimes miss some things but based on what i have so far it does not seem like he raped anyone but did have sex and some felt very much ashamed of the choices they made.

Now in one case a girl went to police and said a man propositioned her for sex. The man told her that if she showed up at his room the next day he would take that as her wanting a consensual relationship with him. She did not want to go back to see the man but the cops stepped in and directed her to go up to his room where she had sex with the man.

The guilty party in that case is the police tactics of trying to force an investigation to go the direction they wanted and they dropped the ball by not recognizing the deal the man made with the woman.

It can be a vicious world out there and some people play out rape fantasies in their relationships.

It is what it is.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Dis coloration is not caused by particulates and i provided a valid link that proves it and ontop of that i own about 7 or so of ro filters and an array of other types and have much first hand knowledge to go along with the link i provided.

From your link.

Reverse osmosis also involves diffusion, making the process dependent on pressure, flow rate, and other conditions. Reverse osmosis is most commonly known for its use in drinking water purification from seawater, removing the salt and other effluent materials from the water molecules. Reverse osmosis

Some are made for specific tasks, just because you own seven doesn't make you an expert. It is a broad definition, it's literally putting pressure on water to go through a membrane.

You did nothing to prove it cannot remove color, only that it can remove salt.

Per Weinstein,

Harvey Weinstein is heard admitting to groping model Ambra Battilana Gutierrez in audio obtained from an NYPD sting operation, and published by the New Yorker on Tuesday.

source

In this audiotape, you can hear her repeatedly try to shut down Weinstein who clearly doesn’t understand what it means when a woman says ‘no.’: Related
source

Here is the audio link for yourself.

Again, you have every right to believe what you want.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

ef·flu·ent
ˈeflo͞oənt/Submit
noun
liquid waste or sewage discharged into a river or the sea.

Well that proves nothing. You will have no luck at all in trying to remove discoloration of water due to mud. It is a matter of micron size and ro filters run in the 2-5 micron range. A particulate filter removes debris at around the 5 micron range. Water discoloration from mud happens at a range less than 1 micron and currently no ro filters can help much with such. This is why if you buy an ro system it comes with a sediment filter and a charcoal filter. The trio can remove debris salts and oils but only the sediment filter helps with discoloration.

Now with the quotes you provided you left out very much context to the situation.

The guy was at a motel and he grabbed the girls but and told her he wanted sex and if she came back tomorrow they would have sex and not to show up if she was not game. She went to the police and told them the story of the unwanted sexual advance and what the man said. They then proceeded to talk her into meeting up with the man at his motel room the next day and when she entered the room they had sex. The lady has a great case against the police but not winestine.

facts are facts

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Reverse Osmosis (RO) Reverse Osmosis has a pore size range of 0.0001 – 0.001. It is by far the finest separation material available to industry. It is used on a large scale for the desalination and purification of water as it filters out everything but water molecules, with pore sizes approaching the radius of some atoms in many cases. This pore size means it is the only membrane that can reliably filter out salt and metallic ions from water. The small pore size of RO membranes means that a significant amount of osmotic pressure is required to force filtration.
source

Just because your seven home bought ones can't do it doesn't mean they can't make some that do.

Harvey groped a woman who told him no and got caught on tape doing it. That's sexual assault. We'll see what happens, but with all the accusers against him and audio evidence of his aggressive actions, I'd be hard pressed he walks away clean.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You are persistent in your falsities.

Dissolved forms of matter can indeed be smaller in size than a water molecule. This is why ro filters do not remove disolved forms of matter. If anything you are trying to say is true then they would just sell r/o filters without any added filters like charcoal and sediment. Here is a clue for you if you just use an ro filter for drinking water then you could be exposed to oils and dissolved forms of matter. ro filters are for use with salts and many poisons are just forms of salt. Other poisons are oil based and go right through your ro filter along with other dissolved matter. It takes the use of a good sediment filter or the use of salt like chlorine to remove discoloration. On top of that givin the normal operating pressure of most home water systems you can only use a ro filter in the 2-5 micron range. Less than that and you are talking about hundreds of psi of water flow to operate an ro filter that works at smaller ranges but even then dissolved matter and oil pass right through.

Harvey groped a woman who told him no and got caught on tape doing it. That's sexual assault. We'll see what happens, but with all the accusers against him and audio evidence of his aggressive actions, I'd be hard pressed he walks away clean.

Luckily the defense will take into context the full exchange between her,him and the police over the 2 day period. Now if they were just to take what you have graciously linked too them he seems guilty but there is always more to the story.

The police are opening up a can of worms if they go through with these particular charges. He clearly as reported by her said do not come to my room if you do not want sex. She also reported that she repeatedly told the police this and that she did not want to go to his room.

Now the first day when he grabbed her butt was not illegal but it was an unwanted sexual advance and that is why they sent her back in.

Saying no or yes during sex does not equate rape or consent in all cases. There is some out there who get off on the excitement that a rape scenario gives them. Harvey is clearly one of those but that does not equate guilt.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join