It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep easy folks, animal crackers are free

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Ok, not free free, you still have to pay for them.
But.
Here's the important part.
The animals on the box are are no longer in cages.

"Mondelez International, the parent company of Nabisco, has redesigned the packaging of its Barnum's Animals crackers after relenting to pressure from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals."

www.google.com...

Boy I know I will sleep better tonight knowing that cartoon animals are no longer in cages.

They might as well change to fruit shaped crackers now. Can't pretend to eat a zebra ya know.
edit on 22-8-2018 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

But those free range animal crackers still did eventually get euthanized and put into a box for our consumption.

We still have miles to go to save these creatures....

The iced ones are becoming very rare, add sprinkles to the mix and we're talking endangered.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Lmao! The UK should ban Jelly Babies, I mean what kind of monster encourages kids to eat babies!!
Think of the children!

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Lmao! The UK should ban Jelly Babies, I mean what kind of monster encourages kids to eat babies!!
Think of the children!

You ever wonder what all us countries talks about if UK doesn't show up to a meeting?

Effing baby eaters, makes us sick. We're just nice to you guys for your nice accents.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
But.

"Mondelez International, the parent company of Nabisco, has redesigned the packaging of its Barnum's Animals crackers after relenting to pressure from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals."

www.google.com...

Boy I know I will sleep better tonight knowing that cartoon animals are no longer in cages.

They might as well change to fruit shaped crackers now. Can't pretend to eat a zebra ya know.

Wonder how much money and time was spent pushing for this to happen....so stupid.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Feelings, it's all about feelings,,,

Ya gotta sign that line.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Local radio station made an obvious comment ... Now the animals are free to be hunted .... oh the irony

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
Local radio station made an obvious comment ... Now the animals are free to be hunted .... oh the irony

Lemme guess.

With pop tart guns?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

But.

www.google.com...

Humans are so easily manipulated, look at how most do not bat an eye at the torture and cruelty perpetuated on a daily basis towards all kinds of animals. If we are going to be so frigging PC let's at least pretend to have some respect for them, may a little.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

But.

www.google.com...

Wonder how much money and time was spent pushing for this to happen....so stupid.

It's funny, not stupid. The grocery store isles haven't changed to much in content since the 90's, but the images in them have.

Animal crackers can be dated back to 1871. Back then your best chance at seeing exotic animals was likely if a circus came into town, so you'd associate seeing those animals with cages.

We have Zoos, and television now, many kids don't go to a circus, so that image is less indicative to newer generations.

edit, I won't delete that, I'll put my foot in my mouth, forgot this was due to pressure of an animal cracker rights foundation.

edit on 22-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Just to put a damper on the sarcastic humor, in case you didn’t know, the animals that pose for the pictures are in cages, and that is where the animals make the cookies- That is until the recent move to take them out of the cages and let them bake cookies in the kitchen. I mean nobody knows this stuff man. If you think about it, kids are going to get scared when they see tigers and elephants on their box of animal crackers roaming free. There’s always another side to the story.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

You used one word in your response that sums up the whole situation perfectly.

"Pretend"

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Oh, now they are free to hunt US!

I guess if PETA is now having to spend money and time on stupid crap like this, they have outlived whatever usefulness they MAY have had?

Plenty of other organizations out there doing ACTUAL good for animals. I'll give my money to them, when I have some.

edit on 22-8-2018 by chiefsmom because: spelling

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The real question is...now that they're free which bathrooms do they get to use?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
The real question is...now that they're free which bathrooms do they get to use?

Your lawn.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals."

Someone needs to tell those dumb snip they're not real animals.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I blame the liberal democrats for this outrage. We need order in society. We need cages. These stupid hippies with their smoking pot and letting animals roam free is typical of these liberal puke.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I blame the liberal democrats for this outrage.

When the shoe fits. Animal crackers will acquit.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Finally! Someone is tackling the real issues. Next, we can free the teddy grahams from their indentured servitude. No one is free until all the

snack crackers are free from oppression!

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

The people with the power to change imagery get dumber everyday don't they. First it was all the awesome cereals of the past, then the snacks, and now animal crackers. Before you know it crackerjacks won't have the kid and dog on the box anymore cause they are trapped there. Morons, morons everywhere.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join