It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Voters Reject Anti-Union right-to-work law

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I live in a RTW state, raises are automatic for me every year. I take a vacation every other month, paid. I can call out of work up to 18 days a year and they can't even ask me why.

Stop the BS.

With that said, I love the IDEA of unions, unfortunately Unions have become just as evil as the evil they were originally created to fight against.

And where did those perks come from? I guarantee they didn't come from the generosity of employers. Pretty sure you didn't run down to the state house and lobby for the legislation, either. You stop the BS. Someone got those rights for you.

I don't like the mega-multi-industry-too-big-for-the-members-to-control unions at all. They don't (and really can"t) provide the service to the members that is needed. This is the country we live in. Mergers at any cost.
edit on 8/20/2018 by Montana because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Montana

Yawn. RTW state, no Union got those benefits for me.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Thank you for proving my point so well!

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

My work ethic is fantastic, thank you very much.

And yet, you still have to rely on a union to not be forced to work weekends or violate OSHA.

Either there's a very poor company or a very poor worker involved here... and the worker seems to think doing a degree-required job is as heinous as being forced to work at home without pay after hours... so...

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

That RTW states are just fine? I didn't know that was your point, I agree. Worker's should have a choice.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join