It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Schiff Obliterates Donald Trump's Economy On Fox Business

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Schiff is a schill that uses a political background for his one man infomercials

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: avgguy

never knew having gold as an asset was stupid, that's news to probably the entire planet

If the market really collapses , can one eat precious metals ?
If one comes to me afterwards and asks "how much you want for a bushel of corn ?" they better have something I can use.....
Gold at that time would be as worthless as "bottle caps"

And that's the biggest problem is its value is intrinsic. Its only worth what people are willing to pay for it. And if a real crises ever occurs might as well be used for a boat anchor.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

there's actually no historical evidence to support your position, if you look at the history of gold it actually says the exact opposite

it's a pointless argument it doesn't matter what has value during an apocalyptic scenario

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

No way, Einstein. You mean to tell me there is a difference in the year 2017 and the year 2018?? Next, your dumba$$ is gonna be telling the difference in “capital” and “capitol”.

Please, when you decide to pipe up, say something intelligent or sit back down. I never said anything about precious metals...if you’re gonna say stupid stuff, you’re gonna look a fool. Bang-up job on playing the fool.

I’ll keep my investment capital tied up in human capital; give me Warren Buffet for human capital and Apple for physical capital.

#MentalMidget

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

dont recall mentioning tariffs in my post but housing wire did mention the word tariff as well as cbs article explained their short term benefit to the economy as companies rushed to fill orders before they took effect ,i have people to manage my meager investments mostly into defense contractors ,amazon and an associates start up . on the trickle down aspect i had always thought that it was a short term solution which implied that it would benefit the whole in time least that was the theory like i said economics is far far from my specialty ,i do know that my low income tenants did benefit from it with less taxes withheld from their paychecks and in their tax return that let them pay 3 months a head in rent while also saving for the expenses of their new child that will be born hopefully healthy in 3 months,considering when i met them they were sleeping under a semi trailer in rural Montana they have advanced quite well economically since i took a chance on them a few years ago with them planning to put a down payment on a house(trailer and 5 acres) in the next 4 months.

but those are just my own personal observations along with my trust portfolio growing by i think 2% but i would have to re check the numbers as my family manages that through a separate financial advisor

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

No way, Einstein. You mean to tell me there is a difference in the year 2017 and the year 2018?? Next, your dumba$$ is gonna be telling the difference in “capital” and “capitol”.

Please, when you decide to pipe up, say something intelligent or sit back down. I never said anything about precious metals...if you’re gonna say stupid stuff, you’re gonna look a fool. Bang-up job on playing the fool.

I’ll keep my investment capital tied up in human capital; give me Warren Buffet for human capital and Apple for physical capital.

#MentalMidget

So you have nothing to prove your point and figure throwing a fit will get people to agree with you. Insulting and crying only wins arguments when your 3.

In the real world Hathaway continues to make huge investments into the US economy despite what your article claimed. Currently Hathaway investments have reached all time records but im guessing you are unaware of this. Oh and i suggest you check out their European investments as well he us currently making 2 big purchases.

Your expert is a quack who is making claims with zero evidence. He is trying to claim instead of making a huge profit off the sale Buffett would sit on the capitol satisfied with earnings. An investments firms main job is to make money for its investors in fact he has some of my money. If he didnt cash in id likely move my money to another firm.

www.cnbc.com...
edit on 8/17/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

(post by BeefNoMeat removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

I don't think there's going to be a total collapse, gold will go up it's pretty much a guarantee, it was rise with inflation and the money you put into it will have the same amount of purchasing power it did when you put it in

anyway who cares right? I hate Schiff so gold is bad!!!

When , in history , has the market "collapsed" ?
2008 ? Naw , just fell
1930s - Naw , just fell
It was still there during , yes ?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: toysforadults

You must be new to investing. This lesson is free

www.google.com...

yeah uhhhh I don't know what you're talking about but owning gold is like owning real estate you just hold onto it for as long as you can

not sure who convinced you gold was a bad investment but whatever maybe learn about how our currency works

Yup. Bullets over bullion.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This economy has been on a drop into hell for 40 years, so its not hard to predict its demise.
Austerity is still the elites war on the average Lower middle class people

It started in 1980 when another lover of the rich republican, Ronald Reagan massively cut taxes for the rich.

Since then infrastructure, unions, good jobs, rising wages, have all stopped and only gotten worse.

The rich have gotten richer and the poor have gotten poorer

Is basically mainly Republican coddling the rich that will destroy the economy, though Democrats too are responsible.
edit on 17-8-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

If Peter Schiff is criticising Trump then its a good sign that Trump is at least doing something right.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Another dirt bag liberal giving his 2 cents,liberals have no idea of buisness or anything pertaining to it,any fool would of checked to see the economy is rising after a free fall for years,I see these same lame posts by the same poster,obvious liberal with no access to truth

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Another dirt bag liberal giving his 2 cents,liberals have no idea of buisness or anything pertaining to it,any fool would of checked to see the economy is rising after a free fall for years,I see these same lame posts by the same poster,obvious liberal with no access to truth

US economy has been growing year on year since 2010. Hardly free fall.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Yeah....no one that matters....cares.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

there's actually no historical evidence to support your position, if you look at the history of gold it actually says the exact opposite

it's a pointless argument it doesn't matter what has value during an apocalyptic scenario

lead and gunpowder will be worth more than gold in a real collapse. golds value outside the US might be good but locally it will be squat.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

The " Middle Class " is Earning the Benjamins Right Now that they have Been DENIED during the Obamanation Years , so Why would Any of US Give a Rats Ahass About this Bogus Story ? Bullsheit Walks Fella.............

What alternate universe are you living in?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

" yeah didn't see you actually quote something he said then counter it with data "

Why ? It is Plainly Self Evident that he is Talking Pure Slanted BS , or did you not see this ? .Tsk , Tsk ...........

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
personally I seek out the latest Schiff monologs about the 'broken' economy & money systems...

he brings up different points which seem to be illogical in keeping the Petro-Dollar/BIS-IMF-Central Bank System still in Power.... Cryptos, Precious Metals, Drawing Rights, etc. are tiny in comparison to Bonds/Treasuries/Real-Estate
(a few Billions compared to 10s-of-Trillions in Market Caps)

So, the only thing extending the life of the present corrupt & fraud ridden Markets & Monetary Systems designed by the Western World Money Changers is the lack of a truly honest & readily acceptable Replacement System....

the only potential replacement System seems to be the new-born Eastern System that will have a Gold and Resource backed Yuan along with a Globalized Infrastructure Bank, a One Road/One Belt model, a Shanghai cooperation, along with the 'BRICS' whose core of only 5 nations will increase to ~10 member nations before the global ReSet does away with the present North Atlantic economic-monetary Empire

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join