It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What CRM for business is better?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
In my B2B business, I want to shorten the time between Lead In and booking a qualification call. To do this, I'm using Calendly, however I cannot automate the creation of a completed task (Completed Task called "Booked Qual Call") in the CRM. The reason I want this to happen is because a new Lead receives email automation and I need an event to stop the workflow.

Does anyone have a CRM stack that will allow for simple calendar event bookings (in, say, 3 different time intervals [15 min, 30 min, 90 min]), that works with Zoom?

The sales process isn't very complicated so many CRMs are good enough for what I'm doing. I'm also open to other CRMs

Thanks for you help!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
How much are you paying us in helping you to make more money?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Tickle me intrigued but clueless. First of, I don't think this belongs in science and technology. Sounds more like computer help. Secondly, you are very specific about a certain function you are missing from a certain piece of software, which btw sounds like a very cheap app on your smartphone, not a good name at all if you ask me.
If this IS an actual app, well, there's your problem.

Obviously I'm not CRM savvy but I'm eager to learn. So the 'lead in' I think I understand. Your first contact with a potential customer, right? Customer details go into the CRM and you create somekind of follow-up action with a time table and Bobs your uncle. So far so good.
And just so we're clear a new lead recieves email automation? That's never a good thing. New customers deserve your personal attention, not a mailing list. And you need an event to stop the 'workflow' ? Is that code for spam? Because that's what it sounds like and what your customer is probably thinking.
So the time table initiates a task and now you need to 'book a qualification call'. Well, I gotta say I'm lost here. Is the act of booking the event? Or is it the subsequent call that is just being refered to as 'booking a qualification call' with the call being the actual event?

Alrighty, in conclusion I just like to state that if you are contacting more then 20 customers a day you need decent CRM software, and if the number is lower you need more personal attention and less completed tasks, email automation and calendar event bookings.
But that's just the nature of the beast, there's no denying that. And besides these threads just don't get any love, no love I tell you, what-so-ever. And that's a crying shame, these threads can be just a interesting as any conspiracy out there. Which, incidentally, is kind of the theme here on ATS. So, yeah there is that.
Here's hoping some else can pick up the slack

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: WilliG

I dont know CRM very well but I'm in a similar situation. I need a vendor management system that ties into a ticketing system because I am finding my vendors drop the ball and frequently do not have their own case tracking system, which is probably why. That all in mind I am considering OsTicket to track cases and create the vendors as clients. A backwards implementation but it fits my requirement on most levels.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

There are companies that will help you establish a CRM system, we're just a conspiracy forum. Do you really think this is the best place to get (free) advice for your business?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I have had IT business analyst roles and occasionally get asked to evaluate CRM tools.

So far, I really have issues with differentiating between them.

They all seem to have the same basic functionality and deficiencies and are usually way overpriced for what they are.

Where one may have features that are not in other packages, they are usually complicated and un-intuative, which makes things more of a 'use' problem than a feature.

There are also issues of scale. Some suites are fully multi-user, client-server and enterprise scale, with financials, e-mail, unified messaging, multi-platform clients, SQL database, scheduling, data-mining and reporting with a HTML dashboard and all sorts of weird perks.

Others are simple apps designed for single user, single device, to track a small number of customers and where everything is mostly manual.

As a business analyst, I'd suggest that you look at the problem first and then choose the tool that fits best.

There will be ones that are too much, there will be ones that are too little.

Once you have narrowed down the field, then look at demo's of each prospective solution. Look and feel is important if you are going to work with the thing.

Also consider online solutions where someone else does the hack work (the idea is to make your job easier, not to add more work). Platform shouldn't have to be a consideration. If you do go 'online' consider the responsiveness and price of the support, because they can gouge and be slow/inept which has business impact.

I'd then compare overall price but as a last and least step. It's no good getting cheap crap that you hate using.

I'd be interested in what other contributors might recommend and why, 'cause it is an exercise in frustration for me each time it comes up, mainly because the users have no idea of what they want and I then feel that I am choosing what I like rather than my clients.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I worked in IT and also set up Salesforce for a company. If you're going to use a software, use Salesforce but make sure you want to use what comes bare bones because everything costs if you aren't willing to do stuff yourself. I taught myself through trail blazer, the online learning modules provided free by the company.

They teach you to use their software for free, online, before you even buy it.

It is also good software.

(post by KellyGrin removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join