It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inventions/Products that have made a difference in your life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Just had an interesting thought

Does anyone have a product or invention that has made a difference in your life... or perhaps even revolutionized it?

IF you have perhaps you could share it everyone!!

I love me some gimmicks... Fawn over gadgets and gizmos...

I don't care if its something that cuts your fries perfectly... Or cooks your chicken nice and crispy!!

A device that has sculpted perfect abs....

Shake weight?

My mom has a stack of crap in her kitchen... er, closet... but every one she gets, rocks her world for a minute...lol

But has there ever been any thing that actually worked... and continues to be reliable

Perhaps something you wouldn't live without?

Now this isn't a thread to sell your product.... but i would like to hear about wicked stuff!!

Personally... i've bought into crap... who hasn't

Though i can say there has been one thing that has improved my life...

Its called "My Pillow"

I would recommend it to anyone that has trouble sleeping... Fantastic, supportive... a bit lumpy until you work it in, and then its perfection as far as pillows goes...

Look it up...

Seriously...

Now its your turn?

Whacha Got?

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   
And for the record...

IF you happen to have a supplier of Mogwai...

Please PM me...

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

A Toilet Plunger does a great job where a stick or hand.... Well just now seems so old fashioned.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: grubblesnert

Yeah thats just gross

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Two tiny little devices called the OmniPod and the Freestyle Libre, an insulin pump and a continuous glucose monitor have changed not only my sons life, who lives with Type 1 diabetes, my my whole family's lives.
He's no longer subject to 5 needles and endless finger/toe pokes every day. We're no longer on a rigid carb schedule. We sleep at night. Usually, not tonight, but it's unrelated!

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

See thats awesome!

Thanks for sharing

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: grubblesnert

A Toilet Plunger does a great job where a stick or hand.... Well just now seems so old fashioned.

I have actually misplaced my plunger and for the last month or so I have had to continually unblock my loo via hand.

A gloved hand thankfully but still.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   

I worked in a factory for years with almost undrinkable contaminated water, but with a Coca-Cola vending machine (one that never had bottled water).

Today, I am a type 2 diabetic.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I was aiming for a positive thread ffs...

*sigh*

Wheres my beer...

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I where specs, I used to find it really hard to keep them clean and stop them fogging up, was really annoying they get smudged or whatever, lights have annoying halo's around them and flare at times.

Then last year I was walking through a market and found a stand for this product Called "Sparkle-bright" they do this cleaning solution for glasses that prevents smudging and fogging and it actually works really well.

Made a big deference to me.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

For me, the invention of the toilet bowl light has made a difference in my life.

Get up in the middle of the night, walk to the toilet, and bingo, light comes on. If you don't already have these, at six or seven dollars a piece, they are a small price for the amount of convenience they give.

So if you want a great gift for a man in your life, pick up a couple of these, put them on the toilets, and watch as the men in your life literally get giddy.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Two posts on blocked toilets on the first page

I have never had a blocked toilet .......better make some notes, in case!!

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

The microwave, it makes the drying of small children and pets a snap.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

I have actually misplaced my plunger and for the last month or so I have had to continually unblock my loo via hand.

I'd seriously just get a new toilet. I am not sure, but I think I can imagine what horrors lay within that sordid s-bend of terrible things.

I can't think of anything I have that is something I couldn't live without. Best thing I do have, is guitar rig pro and a usb pedal that lets me select 3 presets, so I can pretend I have a decent amp/pedal/effects using my rusty ol' computator.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The nose/ear hair trimmer. Totally invaluable when you reach the golden age of 50.

Bic lighter. Even if you don't smoke these are very reliable and very useful. Fire, baby, fire.

Backscratcher. I use this so much and yes I could probably go out and find a stick of something but it's Las Vegas ain't a lot of sticks just lying around. Could go steal a tree branch but I'm not a thief.

Eyeglasses. The ability to see is great until you start to lose it. See nose/ear hair trimmer.

DVR. The ability to fast forward through the commercials. No more big pharma ads, no more to any of that junk.

Oh, and beer. Shiner Bock, in particular. Stella Artois is quite good also.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The microwave, it makes the drying of small children and pets a snap.

But the meat becomes tough as boots. Now if you use a rice cooker, then you heat them up naturally, and the juice is simply exquisite.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
One little small device that I treat as gold
AN apple slicer/de corer
You put on top of the apple , press down on both sides...
8 perfect apple slices and no core
Beautiful , ingenious device.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

You need more fiber in your diet.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It seems that all those gadgets that take up a lot of room and are hard to clean can clog up your kitchen. We have downsized a lot of that crap, tossing it out. Our drawers are still full of stuff we use, simple long lasting kitchen tools, but most of the gadgets are now gone. We do still have a breadmaker to mix our dough, we use that a couple times a week. We do have a commercial malt machine, that works great for making malts at functions.

Our cabinets are still full of stuff we do not use though. We do have the pans to make taco bowls from soft shells, but we haven't used those now for almost two years, we stock hardtaco shells and break those up to make salads. With a manufacturers coupon and sales a box of the hardshells comes to cost fifty cents. We buy the ortega taco sauce for about fifty cents a bottle when they go on sale with the manufacturer coupon.

If you buy something new, you will use it for a while to justify your purchase in your mind and to show others that you did a wise thing. All the fancy appliances sitting in people's kitchen and half the tools guys have fall into that class. I know, I am a toolaholic, I used my tools extensively at first because if I did not the wife would not say I could buy more. So this self fooling leads to lots of projects being done that aren't necessary and often lead to buying more stuff to create things you do not need. You learn that when you get old and see a garage full of tools that you no longer use.

At least the wives are good at hiding their evidence, mine is always donating this stuff to vinnies and the salvation army thrift stores. She sneaks it out and sometimes she tries to sneak out my stuff. I then have to go rebuy tools and supplies we regularly use because she saw something on the counter I forgot to put into the drawer. I bet over the years I have spent at least a thousand bucks replacing stuff she donated or tossed out because she thought it was not used. A fifty dollar electronic part of a car one time I had set on the counter got tossed out one time, I left it on the counter and she threw it in the bag on the night before garbage was picked up. Sometimes if you loose a part of a tool you are working on, the tool is junk, you cannot get the part, that happened more than one time.

We have learned that if it is way harder to clean a kitchen appliance when used it does not pay to have it. A simple hand grader for cheese or eggs is better, those whopper choppers are not that easy to clean, most time a grader will grade the balogna to make balogna and pickles for the sandwiches.

The more junk you have, the more cabinets you need. Pretty soon your world is cluttered with things you thought you needed. The smart way is not to get rid of them or donate them, it is to evaluate if you really need them before buying them.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I couldn't live without my stainless steel pizza cutter... when I was young and more reckless I had used knives and even scissors, always ended up making a mess.

Nothing cuts through all types of crust and toppings so elegantly and neat as a pizza cutter. Thank you, Mr. Morgan!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join