It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack And Michelle Obama Got Down At Beyoncé And Jay-Z’s Concert

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I long for the days when there is no way the First couple were "hip". Oh, Trump.

Attendees captured the former first couple dancing to Jay-Z’s 2011 hit “N***as in Paris” during the second of two On the Run II tour shows this weekend at FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland.www.huffingtonpost.com...

Funny how a president that seemed be so sensitive to racial utterances (less than 2 years ago) can find it in his heart of hearts to still support the normalization of the same terrible verbiage used in Jay-z's 2011 hit “N***as in Paris”.

From my perspective "it is a little hypercritical" (Michael Scott). Maybe just the first couple were just acting outraged at racially insensitive speech? Or maybe the usage of obvious racial hatred is OK....now?

edit on 29-7-2018 by atsgrounded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: atsgrounded

I wonder if they were poppin off with pyramid hand signals.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Usually when you hold a public position you try to hold yourself to a certain standard and certain behavior. I'm sure anyone who works in retail has acted against their own feelings when dealing with a rude customer.

If Obama is a hypocrite then so is almost any retail or even office worker who deals with rude people either in person or on the phone. I'm sure you act differently at home then you do at work.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Could you imagine the outrage if someone blared out this tune as the obamas arrived at a fancy event?
They get out of the limo and over the boom box comes "ni$$as in Paris"

Would they dance then?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The Obamas are people to look up to. I know you would not equate Barack Obama's service and sacrifice for his county to someone working at the GAP.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I'm wondering when the Politicians and People symbol here changes to our current President.

Some posses the vocabulary to sum things up in a way we can understand. This is a quote from the former premier of the Czech Republic, Vaclav Klause.

“The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president.”

People are the problem.

edit on 29-7-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

In times of privacy (or what they thought was private) you're going to act differently than when you are in the job and in the workplace.

Are you saying that you don't conduct yourself differently at home than you do at work? If so, you don't work in the service industry or with random people.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Of course not. After storming away from the fancy event there would be a heartfelt press conference where the teleprompter would would spit the hardest condemnation of such belittling and off putting stereotyping based on racial untruths.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

(Star)

I would not encourage "ni$$as in Paris" if I reached the pinnacle of leadership in the free world especially if I preached how using such derogatory terms was "bad".

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Could you imagine the outrage if someone blared out this tune as the obamas arrived at a fancy event?
They get out of the limo and over the boom box comes "ni$$as in Paris"

Would they dance then?

so you're wondering if someone played that line in the pretense to use the N-word in a derogatory way opposed to the colloquial
use of the n word between African Americans with one another to indicate a sense collective.

no there's no difference in the 2 usage because...internet...

in real life, without the veil of anonymity, we can discern comradery vice epithets... just not on online forums.

but yea, if you played nword in paris if the two arrived at a formal event under false pretenses to call them racial slurs, yea, they might be upset.

but keep teaching the kids

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Barack Obama was a community organizer and a failure as president.

The sooner he goes away, the better.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I dont know why people care about what other people do. Its like that show TMZ, nothing is sader to me than a bunch of nothings following the lives of a bunch of nothings.

Same with social media. Inadequate people hinging their lives on the actions of narcissistic fools.

I'm tired of being the sole survivor on the Island of sanity. At least send me one other person, preferably an athletic blonde.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
And fun was had ... by All. Good times, stories...

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Actually I taught my kid that using that word in any fashion or company is not acceptable.
Maybe if Africans would teach their kids the same their world would change for the better.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Maybe they just don't give a # anymore and are just having fun spending that sweet tax cut money?

Maybe they never really cared but thought it would be better for the country if they acted like they did?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I would think all the hand wringing about racial this and racial that that came from the Obama WH was the president using the useful idiots that followed/voted for him.

If he did indeed care about this he would take a sterner stand and put some "skin in the game" and try to stop this acceptable racism he danced to last night.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It is a damn song, and they went to a concert ffs! Good lord some of you must be living well to make a thread and get upset over this. Smh.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lightdhype

If this were Trump dancing to "ni$$as in Paris" wonder if his fans in the press would just think it is peachy?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   

If Obama boogied like that during his Presidency, he wouldn't have sucked as badly as he did at it.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: atsgrounded

The Obamas are people to look up to. I know you would not equate Barack Obama's service and sacrifice for his county to someone working at the GAP.

The only time I would look up to those traitors is when they are being paraded around for treason so that the whole world can see.

If you actually look up to these people, you are only looking at them surface deep. dig more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join