It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swarm Of "Unknown" Objects Filmed Over Amsterdam On Saturday, July 28

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Found this story on Reddit this morning and decided to post it. This incident was covered by AT5, a local television station in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Netherland's version of MUFON ( ufomeldpunt.nl), also reported the sighting on their website.

AMSTERDAM, NH — We were watching the moon eclipse and we saw a pass more than 10 objects, cold light objects (lanterns are warm usually), same direction from Central station, above Diemerpark and to Over-Diemen. They had constant speed, not enough wind for that speed. Other isolated object after some minutes. No sound produced

www.ufomeldpunt.nl...

Witnesses claimed the objects produced no sound and appeared to be bright, white orbs. The co-founder of ufomeldpunt.nl, didn't think they were Chinese lanterns, but thought they could be balloons with LED lights. He also stated, that one reporter covering this story, mentioned that the lights were moving too fast to be balloons.

Suggesting that a swarm of approx. 30 lights traveling in the same direction could be explained by satellites is preposterous. The drone art project has already confirmed they were not having a general reheasal for their performance on August 10, 11 and 12. We’ve received 15 reports of this phenomenon and unfortunately just 2 videos. Although we can’t confirm yet, we suspect we’re dealing with helium balloons carrying LED lights. Thai lanterns are a common sight at celebrations/festivities back here, but given our current heatwave and drought, LEDs make a sensible alternative. One reporter mentioned the lights were moving too fast for balloons however. That said, I was on a rooftop in Amsterdam myself that evening it must say it was pretty windy. Will report back when we solve this one!

www.reddit.com...

TRANSLATION OF ABOVE YOUTUBE VIDEO CLIP:

0:01 (F) "What is this?"

0:04 (M) "I've never experienced something like this"

0:08 (F) "We were looking at the lunar eclipse when we suddenly we saw a very large swarm of white orbs rising above the roofs"

0:16 (F) "We were doubting whether these were meteorites or meteors, but those look very differently"

0:23 (F) "It had a straight trajectory, towards the south east"

0:26 (F) "It looked like a big swarm, or flock, or 'school' of white orbs"

0:30 (M) "That looks like a ship, huh?"

0:31 (VO) "Minke [name of person interviewed] and her neighbors were not the only ones. There were a number of reports on ufomeldpunt.nl [Netherlands MUFON] from North- and Java-island as well. [Sections of Amsterdam city]"

0:39 (F) "They were going faster than an airplane, but slower than a meteorite."

0:43 (F) "All of them were on the same height, very steady, all on the same course."

0:46 (F) "So yeah, you tell me? I don't know, but I am very intrigued!"

0:51 (VO) "Maybe it could be an exercise from artist collective "Drift" which are planning to send up 300 drones in two weeks time, above the IJ [River that crosses Amsterdam], but they have made very clear that they were not having a practice run yesterday."

1:02 (M) "It really looks like a thing! A invisible plane!"

Not going to bother with the 'expert', as he was just spewing the same old. Paraphrasing what he said: "Yeah it must've been a satellite, as they were roughly moving in the same track as the ISS is. I think they are satellites, Iridium satellites."

1:37 (F) "No I don't think they are satellites, as they are higher up, you can see those quite often in the night sky. It really was different!"

LINK FOR TRANSLATION:
www.reddit.com...

ANOTHER (SHORT) VIDEO CLIP OF OBJECTS:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny
Chinese lanterns released by stoned tourists. You're welcome.
edit on 29/7/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Reply fix

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Wrong color of light for lanterns.. You're welcome.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Are you referring the drone swarm in the video you posted? that is all I see

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Agree. And everybody knows a credible extraterrestrial craft video or photo must resemble a blurry paper plate somebody threw in the air. Aliens have advanced technology and higher intelligence, that they somehow slammed into a big old, damned planet at Roswell notwithstanding, but they only drop the cloak of invisibility for really bad photographers.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
balloons with leds released by a party
/thread

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

"They were going faster than an airplane, but slower than a meteorite."

How fast was the wind blowing? Airplanes travel between 300-600 MPH or 480-965 KPH

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

If it is the lights from the video posted those lights were not travelling 300-660 mph, they were nothing more than a drone swarm

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
balloons with leds released by a party
/thread

"They were going faster than an airplane, but slower than a meteorite."

Were they jet propelled balloons?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Did you even watch the video, those lights were not travelling faster than an airplane

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

If it is the lights from the video posted those lights were not travelling 300-660 mph, they were nothing more than a drone swarm

Not saying you are wrong but...

1. How do you know how fast they were not going?

2. What proof do you have that it was a drone swarm?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Watch the video, that is the proof I have, my eyes, that is what proof I have

link   

Did you even watch the video, those lights were not travelling faster than an airplane

That depends on their proximity to the house we have to compare it to. Do you know the altitude of those lights?

link   
I think that 11 lights.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Watch the video, that is the proof I have, my eyes, that is what proof I have

What was the altitude of the lights?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

You don’t know how fast they were traveling because you don’t know the altitude. If the objects were as high as a satellite they would have been traveling thousands of miler per hour.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I've done some enhancing of one of the Youtube frames. Here it is:

I fiddled with the contrast, sharpening and something called local contrast that pulls some extra detail out of a pic. The dim spots are most likely stars in the background. See how they are nothing more than points of light? Now, look at the floaty things. Again, little more than points of light. At the bottom of the pic, the rough outline of the house can be seen. If those were craft of some sort, I'd expect some more grey artifacting around them than what there is, and in circles/ ellipses or even lines. Plus, there is the fact that all of them are round (ish. Camera blurring and pixellation are causes of that. Not any of them seem to be occluded by a structure, and you'd expect some in such a wide angle shot.

I say, LEDs in balloons. I also think they are tethered together, but that's just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

You don’t know how fast they were traveling because you don’t know the altitude. If the objects were as high as a satellite they would have been traveling thousands of miler per hour.

This. I love when people claim to know the altitude, speed, or size of these things. You have to know one of those for certain to even begin to calculate the other two.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This makes me hate drones anymore. You can't tell if its UFOs or some jerks with drones at night pranking. It was hard enough before drones.

edit on 29-7-2018 by MorpheusUSA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Thanks. Very well could be, but unlike some posters, who think they know it all, I'll reserve judgement, because I'm not ashamed to admit that I don't have a clue what they are and will not speculate.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join