It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico's Lopez Obrador floats idea of new relationship in letter to Trump

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Does anyone have a link to the actual letter?

Would it kill news agencies to just include a pdf link to it?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Not sure where cutepants found it Pavil. I looked around a bit and like you just get the report without the link.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I found a link in some Bloomberg article

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Dude since the 80's all of the big corporations have their assembly done there for same reason,corporation I worked for had their items made there as well,called NAFTA,the only appliances assemble here are the off name ones,which are made with same parts

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

I found a link in some Bloomberg article

Thank you very much! I was striking out on google.

It's a pet peeve of mine. Like when a news article references some type of image and they don't include said image in article. It's just sloppy journalism IMO.

Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Du0licate
edit on 24-7-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: Cutepants

That letter is a good starting point of discussions. Devil in the details of course and he has a LOT to try and accomplish in his limited 6 year term so he has to hit the ground running. He will need all the help he can muster to make his vision happen, that means good relations with the US for sure.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Trueman

I saw it coming. Lopez Obrador seems to understand that Trump/USA is the only way out of the Mexican crisis. Both sides win. Democrats won't like it.

I've wondered why we don't open the Mexican labor market up for access to cheap labor. We used to, and it worked out well for everyone.

I also would like to see a worker visa program that is actually useful put in place. I've tried to sponsor work visas, and its more trouble than its worth to even get your foot in the program.

Because it undercuts our citizens pay rates. It certainly doesn’t work out well for everyone. We need to keep a shortage of skilled labor in the U.S. so that the pay rates can stay high enough that these people can actually make enough to raise a family.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   

No problem, glad to be of use. Looks like in a lot of articles the links to the letter werepart of the article text, a bit hard to find them. And the letter itself is on Lopez Obrador's own homepage or something, hard to google that because there might be stuff in Mexican probably.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Are they wanting to reviving the NAFTA superhighway?

Any free trade zone between Mexico/US border would end up hurting all the other states not on that border. We would see US mfg companies move to that free trade zone for cheaper labor and lower taxes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join