It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 injured after shooting on Toronto’s Danforth; shooter dead

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Toronto police said nine people were injured after a shooting in Toronto’s Greektown neighbourhood Sunday night, and that the shooter is dead.

The shooting happened in the Danforth and Logan avenue area around 10 p.m.

9 injured after shooting on Toronto’s Danforth; shooter dead

Pretty crazy stuff.
Not much info on it yet, I was checking here for more but it's not well covered yet.

Anyway, crazy stuff.

globalnews.ca...

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Just watch... they won’t reveal name or motive 🤨... or they’ll gloss over the important details.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Here is a description of the gunman:

www.theglobeandmail.com...
Eyewitness Jim Melis described a white man wearing a black cap and a bandana firing shots into a cafe. Mr. Melis was driving southbound toward Danforth Avenue, when a man ran out in front of his car, crossing the street. He said the man walked by a cafe, pulled out a gun and began shooting through the window.

It sounds like he was just shooting randomly.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
apparently shooter shot themself ,patients being rushed to hospitals and it happened near "greek town" for what its worth no info on shooter other then hes dead, apprently 20 shots with mutiple reloads per cnn lots of sources picking it up now . hope the victims pull through as the youngest is apparently 9 and is headed to a pretty good pediatric hospital

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   
www.cnn.com... 14 shot one dead + shooter

A woman was killed and 13 others injured in a shooting in Toronto on Sunday night, Police Chief Mark Saunders said. The suspect is also dead, Saunders said. The shooting victims are being treated for their injuries and their conditions were not immediately known. But one of the victims -- a young girl -- is in critical condition, Saunders told reporters late Sunday. Shots rang out shortly after 10 p.m. ET in the Toronto's Greektown neighborhood. Shooting location
apparently shooter reloaded repeatedly

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Believe it or not this is a rap beef. This has been unfolding for a while but the breaking point was when they killed smoke dawg on Canada day and they have been taking turns shooting up blocks ever since (more than the usual as it's quite common).

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

edit on 23-7-2018 by JosephKnecht because: Disregard

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I believe I read this is the most dangerous summer in TO to date.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Do we know who the shooter is at the moment?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticalRogue123

nope they are declining to release the name i THINK one link said he was either 23 or 33 but other then that we dont know much about them

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
www.cnn.com... 14 shot one dead + shooter

A woman was killed and 13 others injured in a shooting in Toronto on Sunday night, Police Chief Mark Saunders said. The suspect is also dead, Saunders said. The shooting victims are being treated for their injuries and their conditions were not immediately known. But one of the victims -- a young girl -- is in critical condition, Saunders told reporters late Sunday. Shots rang out shortly after 10 p.m. ET in the Toronto's Greektown neighborhood. Shooting location
apparently shooter reloaded repeatedly

Mass shooters often reload repeatedly, which is why magazine capacity limits are pointless.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Interesting the lack of attention this thread has gotten compared to US mass shootings.
edit on 23 7 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
www.bbc.com... seems he used a handgun and shot one of the victims point blank repeatedly

Andrew Mantzios had been drinking coffee with friends by the fountain when he heard shots and turned around to see the gunman coming towards his group. "He had this horrible expression on his face," Mr Mantzios was quoted as saying by the Globe and Mail. The gunman fired at a crowd of people waiting to cross the street, he said. "And then a lady tried to run and she fell down. He turned around and shot her point blank, two or three times."

and this, i had not heard of the attack on the cerimonial guard

Hours after the attack on Monday morning, a man allegedly tried to stab a member of the Ceremonial Guard on Parliament Hill, according to Ottawa police. The man was apprehended and arrested, Department of National Defence official Daniel Le Bouthillie told the Otawa Citizen.
so seems sunday was a pretty bad day for Canada violence wise

this is all we know about the shooter i was wrong about age posting earlier

Very little. Toronto police have not named him, or given any details other than his age (29) and the fact he was from the city. Police chief Saunders told reporters that, as yet, they "don't know why this has happened". It is unclear whether he was shot by police or killed himself with his gun. A post-mortem examination is planned for Tuesday, according to SIU spokeswoman Monica Hudon. Jessica Young, an employee at the Second Cup cafe, said she had seen the gunman's face before he fired through the window. She told the Toronto Star newspaper: "He was probably no taller than me, wearing a black baseball cap, dark clothes. He had light skin. I think he had short facial hair. That's all I could make out."

www.cbc.ca... not much new here but a victims name released and confrimation that it was a hand gun not a long gun as i had assumed from videos posted of the sound of gun shots

globalnews.ca... seems they want to find out motive before releasing his name

“It was horrible. You don’t expect this on Danforth of all places,” he said. Mantzios, who was having coffee with friends when the incident began, said he saw other people struck by gunfire, and blood everywhere. “But the guy … had this look on his face, while I saw his profile, like he was screaming at something and shooting.”
witness testimony above

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Interesting. Handguns are heavily restricted in Canada.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
there is one video of the shooter going around hes dressed all in black carrying some kind of satchel ,casually turns draws his weapon and just starts shooting ,its like 5 to 6 seconds of film as the person filming it ducks as soon as he starts firing (they appear to be on a higher floor then the street from where they are filming ) it shows no blood just the shooter and him shooting www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

en.wikipedia.org... handguns are limited to 10 rounds and they have a minimum length

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

en.wikipedia.org... handguns are limited to 10 rounds and they have a minimum length

Those aren't the only restrictions:

To purchase a handgun or other restricted firearm, a person must have a restricted possession and acquisition licence (RPAL) for restricted firearms.

We see all the good restricting magazines to 10 rounds did though.

These types of restrictions make people feel good, but they do nothing to stop or deter criminals.
edit on 23 7 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The shooter's name has been released.

Canadian officials have identified the man responsible for a mass shooting in Toronto as Faisal Hussain.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

worst part is they are playing it up as a mental illness related slaughter. He had "extreme mental issues his whole life".

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

heavy.com... yeah psychosis and depression still lived with his parents and no clear motive on if he personally knew any of the victims

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join