It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The feeling of starvation diet

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I was wondering if other members have gone through a starvation diet? I’m doing it right now and so I’ve barely eaten for like three days. Drinking fluids of course, and my body has some extra fat to consume, so it’s not dangerous.

But the point of this thread is wondering if others have done this and felt the feeling of mild starvation?

I’m amazed at what an extreme feeling it creates. My hands are tingling, I’m lightheaded and feeling faint. Slight loss of balance. I seem to have increased my sleep needs.

Anyway the good news is that it works and I’m losing my body fat. Lol.

I can’t imagine the lives of poor people who live with starvation as a normal part of their lives. It’s more disorienting than I would have imagined. Life feels completely different from when I’m eating like normal.

I did do this as a wrestler in the past, so I know how to do it safely. But I must have taken it further than I used to, back then.

Any responses about the feeling of starvation?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

Have a bulletproof coffee....you won't feel so starved.
www.ketoconnect.net...
thechalkboardmag.com...

I have had them before and they are pretty filling.

edit on 19-7-2018 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

Have a bulletproof coffee....you won't feel so starved.
www.ketoconnect.net...
thechalkboardmag.com...

I have had them before and they are pretty filling.

Haha thanks I have been drinking coffee

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Add butter and cream and you won't feel so starved and it keeps the body in the fat burning state.
Good luck.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun
Thank you.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete
I was wondering if other members have gone through a starvation diet? I’m doing it right now and so I’ve barely eaten for like three days. Drinking fluids of course, and my body has some extra fat to consume, so it’s not dangerous.

But the point of this thread is wondering if others have done this and felt the feeling of mild starvation?

I’m amazed at what an extreme feeling it creates. My hands are tingling, I’m lightheaded and feeling faint. Slight loss of balance. I seem to have increased my sleep needs.

I can’t imagine the lives of poor people who live with starvation as a normal part of their lives. It’s more disorienting than I would have imagined. Life feels completely different from when I’m eating like normal.

I did do this as a wrestler in the past, so I know how to do it safely. But I must have taken it further than I used to, back then.

well based on your description and claims of wrestling am I to assume you wrestled in college or have? If so your body is not as resilient as it was in your younger years so you need to be careful. Yes as a rule I usually combine less food with more exercise until I reach the point that my body is hungry every hour or two.i accomplish this by eating a single bite or two of nutritional or high protein food and keeping metabolic rates up.

I like to mix a can of V8 during the day with water and add some spicy cayenne for the metabolic boost of 200% and that's usually lunch. I have a small dinner before 5 or 6 pm and I load up on water before bed.
Breakfast usually consisted of a single poached egg on rice or toast.

You need to be careful however as that lightheadedness you describe is not good sign. You should make sure you drink plenty of water and take a prenatal multivitamin to try and upkeep nutritional needs.

I have more advice and coming from someone who has been decently fat a few times but always gets back trim I will await your response to what you are eating, and how often before I tell more. Light headed and tingly fingers is not a good sign so please reply soon I might be able to provide some advice on how to stop that.

Also, my term for what you are doing I call " the Egyptian Slave Diet!" And is a classic pound trimmer, though health experts would agree is unsafe.

So please let me know your gender, your age, and your height and current weight as well as how much of that weight you would call muscle in your reply.

But to sound encouraging Robert Downey Jr for the role of Sherlock Holmes in the first film did the same thing to trim all the fat, he explained his diet as "felt like I was slowly starving myself to death"

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Add butter and cream and you won't feel so starved and it keeps the body in the fat burning state.
Good luck.

yes don't reject the animal fats, just avoid saturated fats.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I can go days without eating with no discomfort.

To be fair, I am usually taking in thousands of calories in the form of beer, wine, and spirits during these periods.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutisticEvo

originally posted by: peacefulpete

well based on your description and claims of wrestling am I to assume you wrestled in college or have? If so your body is not as resilient as it was in your younger years so you need to be careful. Yes as a rule I usually combine less food with more exercise until I reach the point that my body is hungry every hour or two.i accomplish this by eating a single bite or two of nutritional or high protein food and keeping metabolic rates up.

I like to mix a can of V8 during the day with water and add some spicy cayenne for the metabolic boost of 200% and that's usually lunch. I have a small dinner before 5 or 6 pm and I load up on water before bed.
Breakfast usually consisted of a single poached egg on rice or toast.

You need to be careful however as that lightheadedness you describe is not good sign. You should make sure you drink plenty of water and take a prenatal multivitamin to try and upkeep nutritional needs.

I have more advice and coming from someone who has been decently fat a few times but always gets back trim I will await your response to what you are eating, and how often before I tell more. Light headed and tingly fingers is not a good sign so please reply soon I might be able to provide some advice on how to stop that.

Also, my term for what you are doing I call " the Egyptian Slave Diet!" And is a classic pound trimmer, though health experts would agree is unsafe.

So please let me know your gender, your age, and your height and current weight as well as how much of that weight you would call muscle in your reply.

But to sound encouraging Robert Downey Jr for the role of Sherlock Holmes in the first film did the same thing to trim all the fat, he explained his diet as "felt like I was slowly starving myself to death"

Thanks, I wasn't trying to elicit sympathy or worry. But I do appreciate your concern.

There shouldn't be any concern of any health risks happening. I've been drinking fluids (but maybe not quite enough as it's been very hot lately).

I also did not abstain from eating altogether, either. Only abstained for the most part.

I was a wrestler in high school so yeah it's been a few years lol.

I like the V8 mix that you described.

You did prompt me to take a vitamin right now. I usually take vitamins but sometimes I will lapse and not take it every single day.

I just ate some tofu for the protein and nutrition. Otherwise I think it's mostly just been fruit juice that I had a little of each day. I ate some greens the other day but that went right through and was almost not even eating.

Lightheadedness and tingly fingers could maybe be partly from dehydration. Drinking tea and coffee carries the risk of dehydration in the long run, of course. Also been drinking water.

gender male, age 36, height 5' 6", weight: not too overweight but specifically my waist was getting a roll of fat that was freaking me out lol.

I used to starve myself down to the mid-140's range, so that would be my lean muscle weight.

Now, the scale said 163 and if some of that is water weight and food, then maybe I'm 160. So maybe I have 15 pounds of fat on my body.

Like I said, it's not a lot of fat but my waistline was becoming curvy and womanly and it freaked me out lol. The fat was starting to have a fold around my waist, if I lean to either side, so I was feeling my fat folding around my waist when I would curl up in bed.

I think it was drinking sugary drinks that did that. Sugary iced tea and energy drinks, which I'm abstaining from right now. I'm usually decently active so I can usually pull that off. Like I biked 7 or 8 miles the other day.

Well thanks and don't worry about me, I'm happy that my waist is slimming down again. It must have been those simple sugars.

Up through 2016 I was biking 12 miles a day to get to work and back, 5 days a week, so I probably got a little bit too comfortable just eating whatever I want. At least till I'm biking like a maniac again.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I can go days without eating with no discomfort.

To be fair, I am usually taking in thousands of calories in the form of beer, wine, and spirits during these periods.

Haha right, then your body is basically eating all the sugar, regardless that it's liquid form.

cheers lol.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutisticEvo

Good luck.

yes don't reject the animal fats, just avoid saturated fats.

I actually am mostly vegan, but I do take in a lot of fat, from extra virgin olive oil. I don't take in saturated fats usually unless it's a rare snack of an avocado or something. (I say "mostly vegan" because I don't take it to the extreme of caring if a loaf of bread has a drop of milk in it, for example.)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
So, I have just recently began a new way of eating that is called a fasting focused lifestyle. If you are fat you fast as long as you can (days) and when you eat it's only one small meal and then return to fasting again. After you reach your goal weight you basically eat one meal within a certain time frame during the day and fast the rest of the 24 hr period.
The idea is we eat way to often and way to much. Eating all day long keeps us in a fat storing mode and continues to spike our insulin levels and throws our body out of balance. During your fast periods you drink water with salts and some cayenne pepper in it so it keeps your stomach primed and also keeps the cravings for food under control.

I always knew fasting worked but did have some troubles with the food cravings and some shaking and headaches. So far, not with this protocol. I am 67 and am on my 10th day of fasting and feel great! I'm going to keep going for now.
It is not starvation at all if you have fat for your body to use for food.

This type of eating is actually curing people of many medical issues.

If you are interested you should look up The Snake Diet on tube. The guy that started it and teaches it is a bit rough
(language and loud) but he truly wants to help people and does not charge money. He is a character but he knows his stuff and you can get all the info and questions answered from his videos.

FYI, I'm 6'2" 240 lbs. Probably down at least 20 to 30 lbs from that now.

Anyway, sorry about the long post, only trying to help. It really is worth a look!

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
^Thank you and I definitely agree with the statement:

It is not starvation at all if you have fat for your body to use for food.

Sometimes I think that those of us in developed countries have lost touch with the basic rhythm of a natural human life.

Intermittent fasting / starving is part of the human experience, for all of human history, at least for a day or two at a time.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Fasting kills adult and Juvenile parasites living in your body...it gives your body and auto-immune system immediate documentable boost...weight loss is a world-wide scam....kill the parasites inside your body regularly and the weight will literally fall off of you with little to no exercise...full stop....you DO NOT need to go all crazy jogging and biking and spiking your heartrate.....lol...nope...just un-plug your inner drain and everything you do not need will be removed ASAP...and it will happen FAST.....you will literaly melt the weight off....like a pat of butter in a warm pan.

LCD living.Low Calorie Diet.
edit on 20-7-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Fasting kills adult and Juvenile parasites living in your body...

You learn that in medical school or after you watched some YouTube?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Fasting kills adult and Juvenile parasites living in your body...

You learn that in medical school or after you watched some YouTube?

I learned it from real life...lol...we all don't rely on intentionally bastardised published peer approved data or the internets generic presentation of data......lol....anyways we always meet like this ….and your schtick is always the same....but it is boring now...sorry....its old schtick man......if the Net has done one thing it has taught people to trust others WORD more than ever....lol....not the books and not the YT videos on their own merits....but now people leverage THEIR PEERS WORDS with those books and those YT videos.....lol...giving EQUAL WEIGHT TO ALL SOURCES....and thisis how they are discovering the TRUTHS no matter how hard the suppressionists fight it.

People discover the LIES....of suppression...and then and only then do they begin to look around for peer inputs....its not such a big deal as long as you can answer their questions...and....lol...it is very very easy to show how the bastardisation of the peer approval process has been actioned by the owners of Publishing Companies et al.....and it is very easy to show how these same people invest massive volumes of money into producing online propoganda that is intentionally misleading......and well...lol...people tend to TRUST each others word MORE than either of the aforementined sources in todays world....and that is what I call progress....simply sending people to threads like this one and others on ATS when disinformation people show up trying to muddy the waters is usually enough to bring average people into the fight because people generally arent stupid and call a duck a duck when they see it in action.

In quite a few cases people have come here to read the data and posts to see for themselves the overt levels of suppression and gamesmanship....once they get a sniff of the kinds of stink these disinformation minions give off they are ON FULL ALERT....and only then are they willing to give 110% gravity to the situation of global suppression and its impacts.

The most skeptical criminally inclined or morally disinclined people I know are always the FIRST ones to endorse the truths once you show them evidence of the Global suppression ....IMHO because they are so familiar with lies and the techniques used to lie that they IMMEDIATLY SMELL WHAT IS COOKING and then simply run the other way ASAP.....it is the good honest moral people who are the most difficult to bring around....but it is what it is right.

As a sidenote FoxP2 gene and the forkhead box protein ......remember that Augie...we will revisit it at a later date....in the mean time Augie....here is the cure for the bacterial infection we call Cancer if you can decipher it from the TY videos contents....lol...lol...lol....www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

...we all don't rely on intentionally bastardised published peer approved data or the internets generic presentation of data......

I bet you're a baking soda in your molasses kinda guy too. You should be teaching classes on how to **** your body up, plenty of suckers will pay you.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Does it matter where the information came from?
Would you trust the 'medical school' source but not you tube?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...we all don't rely on intentionally bastardised published peer approved data or the internets generic presentation of data......

I bet you're a baking soda in your molasses kinda guy too. You should be teaching classes on how to **** your body up, plenty of suckers will pay you.

If you are discussing the beneficial use of Pharmacutical grade Sodium bicarbonate supervised by a medical doctor to destroy the damages caused by the pleomorphic bacterial infection we call cancer when it is in its fungal form ...sure I can dance to that tune.....I wouldn't trust the baking soda manufacturers...research who owns them and you will see why....for their inclusion of so-called aromatics and other things undermines the use of over-the-counter sodium bicarbonate in any remdial ways .....you need pharmaceutical grade material and you need a Drs supervision.
edit on 20-7-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Does it matter where the information came from?

Yes.

Would you trust the 'medical school' source but not you tube?

I would. My cousin went to med school and spent nearly ten years learning before he was able to dispense medical advice, I'd trust him over an online hack 8 days a week and twice on Saturn's Day.

edit on 20-7-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join