It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

42 rules of life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
A rule is not a law and is therefore subject to a 'bending' effect , whereas laws are fixed . Thus temporal ignorance of these rules of life (such as that of a baby or child) will not stop their continuous application , however gained knowledge of the rules by which human animal and plant life continuously work with , allows life itself to both survive and flourish .

It may seem base , but we all need reminding of what the rules of life really are. We need to communicate on this matter and to share our knowledge of how life works , even what simple fundamentals that life as we know it is based on .

Having read the 48 rules of power , (linked) which is a reasonably long standing document , these rules of life which I produced as a result of my disdain for immoral and scheming points of view are similar in nature , but I am of the opinion that once people see a person as a snake in the grass type , they then proceed with mistrust and continuing caution as regards them . That is no route to power , though the anonymous author makes some salient observations regarding social interactions .

Without further ado , here's a list of 48 bullet points , with some annotations .

1 . Don't draw attention to yourself - nobody likes loud obnoxious behaviour especially at night . If you keep on being raucous eventually you will become a target for predators . People and animals will cringe at your naivety - the louder you are the more you shall be regarded as an unwanted fool . Don't breach the peace unless absolutely necessary .

2. Dont be a hypocrite - Most peopleunderstand what is fair or not, so whenever there is obviously one rule for you , and another for everyone else, you'll stand out like a sore thumb, and may be hated for your injudicious approach , and thence regarded with suspicion .

3. Learn to share - do share because it bestows good favour but watch for people who may drain you dry and then disappear .

4. Use common sense - dont forget there normally is a way of how things are meant to be done .

5. Eat well

6 . Wash up

7. Tidy your house

8. Stay clean

9. Don't act spoiled - you are not automatically owed anything in life , proceed with caution not wanton greed .

10. Don't be ignorant about anything

11. Get up on time , dont be late for work as it causes all sorts of problems

12. Be careful - in the eye of a crocodile , you - with all your aspirations and hopes , your friends, loves , hobbies - are just a foodstuff. Be careful of losing anything , not least , your life .

13. Use resources effectively

14 Bear responsibilities

15 .If it doesnt make sense - yes it does somehow , there is always an explanation for every phenomena even if we dont know the reasons yet . Never go with anyone's dismissal of the existence of true explanations . Persist in finding them if it matters .

16 . Dont waste time

17. Have no regrets

18. Never neglect animals

19 .Know your rights - and also know the rights of others

20. Know the law

21. Anticipate being wrong - a coin has two sides , and there are two sides to every story

22. Expect Elephants

23. Use natural examples

24. Stretch and exercise everyday - dont imagine that your mind is more important than your body

25. Dont take things without returning them

26. Keep your own transport

27. Learn how to fight - an excellent route to premium health , and like riding a bike , not easily forgotten

28. Go the extra mile

29. Catch problems beforetime - the old 'stitch in time saves nine' ,

30. Work for others until you can work for yourself - aim for self employment , always be the employer not the employee

31. Look after your friends and helpers but also those who may have need for help

32. Forgive your enemies - its often quoted , turn the other cheek , but what's often forgotten from the words of jesus , is (once you've been hit twice) ," then have at him" . Determine true intent first , and then deal appropriately .

33. Don't be too nosy

34. Don't believe the hype

35. Reckon on fair gains

36. Look after your neighbours

37. Don't lend or borrow

38. Fulfill agreed odd requests immediately - use this policy as it goes towards being an effective operator

39. Take criticism

40. Find the positives - there are positives to every negative situation , choose to focus upon finding them and avoid beingfdragged down

41. Stock up - its a problem if you're trying to wash with no soap , so for example if soap is being purchased , buy enough to last at the time , rather than remember you forgot

42. Dont listen to bad advice

Here ends the list please add any glaring omissions or any thoughts on these or the 48 rules of power .

edit on 17-7-2018 by ZIPMATT because: spellling

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT

MOM!!!...Where have you been???

I've missed you!!!

edit on 7/17/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I like it. I could add a million more rules to this list!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZIPMATT

The internet taught me something different here. >_>;;

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
There are so many rules I place on myself........I just try to be the best person I can.....I often fail, but I always try. Here is just a small sample of my beliefs. I know im not the best person on earth, but I can look myself in the face in the mirror, and be proud of what I am.

Have 4 circles:

1. Those you love and trust 100%
  2. Friends you trust somewhat
  3. People you are friendly with, but don't really trust
  4. everyone else

God is real. Converse with him, and try to live his basic tenets. Church is someone else's relationship with god, not yours.

Karma is a real thing

To cease to grow is to begin to die

Youre gonna fail, at least as often as you suceed. The people seen as 'winners' are the ones who learn from it and keep going

I'm personally convinced that many medical problems, and many things overall, could be helped with marijuana (in moderation - getting completely blasted doesnt help anyone)

Time is your most valuable resource

Leave the world a better place than you found it - be a net asset to society, not a liabilty

If someone loves/trusts you, be worthy of it

Don't be the 'good time' friend, be the 'with you till the end' type

trust but verify

A house pet will teach you unconditional love and responsibility

If you are married, give 100%, it's not 50/50

some alone time is necessary

The best parts of life dont involve money, possessions, or material items

Naps are good. Sleep at least 6 hours in one stretch, daily.

When you die, its not the money left behind that people will treasure

sometimes you have to make your own happiness

worthwhile & easy are 2 mutually exclusive ideals; the old saying: if she's easy, she's not worthwhile, if she's worthwhile, she wont be easy

marry your best friend; sex and romance come and go, but love, respect, and trust develop and morph into a successful life together

cars: why spend 40k for a car that will last 200k miles when a $4k car will last 50k miles

just because you spent more money, doesnt make anything better

take care of your elders
(I cant tell you how many ppl ive seen cry over the death of a loved one, when they basically ingnored them....make sure your innermost circle is shown your care)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I love it, Damn good advice.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I Love it, Damn good advice.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

People cannot remember 10 commandments nevermind 42 rules.

Take what you do not have.

Have what you cannot take.

And never hurt anyone weaker than yourself.

Stick to those 3 rules and the rest is Chicken Soup(easy) really.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Don't whiz on the electric fence.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

My grandma used to say with a Edith Bunker like voice, "If you don't have anything nice to say shut your God damn mouth!"

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Enjoy the little things.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Rule # 1: I'm glad Freddie Mercury ignored that rule or we wouldn't have music by Queen. Ditto on Bowie.
Rule # 2: No politicians would exist. Not a bad thought.

In general these are very good rules for life but there will always be exceptions to the rule.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I always tried to live by my own mantra of Never refuse another man a drink of water.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Did you miss:

1. Learn from mistakes
2. Adapt

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The more you spend on things you do not really need, the more you need to make to be in the same place financially. Live within your means and life is simpler.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
only give if you don't expect anything in return. only take when you must. take care of eachother........ Drive the ffin speed limit-Gordon downie. thanks for the list of 42, im gonna put them on the wall. I follow most, but there are a couple I gotta work on. thank you
edit on 17-7-2018 by AnrkE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
You don't need 42 rules. You only need three:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Remember your manners, be polite.

Sit up straight.

Get an education.

Act your age.

Don't tug on supermans cape
Don't spit into the wind
Don't pull the mask off the old
lone ranger
And don't mess around with Jim

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

see a doctor and get rid of it. and don't trust whitey

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZIPMATT
A rule is not a law and is therefore subject to a 'bending' effect , whereas laws are fixed . Thus temporal ignorance of these rules of life (such as that of a baby or child) will not stop their continuous application , however gained knowledge of the rules by which human animal and plant life continuously work with , allows life itself to both survive and flourish .

It may seem base , but we all need reminding of what the rules of life really are. We need to communicate on this matter and to share our knowledge of how life works , even what simple fundamentals that life as we know it is based on .

Having read the 48 rules of power , (linked) which is a reasonably long standing document , these rules of life which I produced as a result of my disdain for immoral and scheming points of view are similar in nature , but I am of the opinion that once people see a person as a snake in the grass type , they then proceed with mistrust and continuing caution as regards them . That is no route to power , though the anonymous author makes some salient observations regarding social interactions .

Without further ado , here's a list of 48 bullet points , with some annotations .

1 . Don't draw attention to yourself - nobody likes loud obnoxious behaviour especially at night . If you keep on being raucous eventually you will become a target for predators . People and animals will cringe at your naivety - the louder you are the more you shall be regarded as an unwanted fool . Don't breach the peace unless absolutely necessary .

2. Dont be a hypocrite - Most peopleunderstand what is fair or not, so whenever there is obviously one rule for you , and another for everyone else, you'll stand out like a sore thumb, and may be hated for your injudicious approach , and thence regarded with suspicion .

3. Learn to share - do share because it bestows good favour but watch for people who may drain you dry and then disappear .

4. Use common sense - dont forget there normally is a way of how things are meant to be done .

5. Eat well

6 . Wash up

7. Tidy your house

8. Stay clean

9. Don't act spoiled - you are not automatically owed anything in life , proceed with caution not wanton greed .

10. Don't be ignorant about anything

11. Get up on time , dont be late for work as it causes all sorts of problems

12. Be careful - in the eye of a crocodile , you - with all your aspirations and hopes , your friends, loves , hobbies - are just a foodstuff. Be careful of losing anything , not least , your life .

13. Use resources effectively

14 Bear responsibilities

15 .If it doesnt make sense - yes it does somehow , there is always an explanation for every phenomena even if we dont know the reasons yet . Never go with anyone's dismissal of the existence of true explanations . Persist in finding them if it matters .

16 . Dont waste time

17. Have no regrets

18. Never neglect animals

19 .Know your rights - and also know the rights of others

20. Know the law

21. Anticipate being wrong - a coin has two sides , and there are two sides to every story

22. Expect Elephants

23. Use natural examples

24. Stretch and exercise everyday - dont imagine that your mind is more important than your body

25. Dont take things without returning them

26. Keep your own transport

27. Learn how to fight - an excellent route to premium health , and like riding a bike , not easily forgotten

28. Go the extra mile

29. Catch problems beforetime - the old 'stitch in time saves nine' ,

30. Work for others until you can work for yourself - aim for self employment , always be the employer not the employee

31. Look after your friends and helpers but also those who may have need for help

32. Forgive your enemies - its often quoted , turn the other cheek , but what's often forgotten from the words of jesus , is (once you've been hit twice) ," then have at him" . Determine true intent first , and then deal appropriately .

33. Don't be too nosy

35. Reckon on fair gains

36. Look after your neighbours

37. Don't lend or borrow

38. Fulfill agreed odd requests immediately - use this policy as it goes towards being an effective operator

39. Take criticism

40. Find the positives - there are positives to every negative situation , choose to focus upon finding them and avoid beingfdragged down

41. Stock up - its a problem if you're trying to wash with no soap , so for example if soap is being purchased , buy enough to last at the time , rather than remember you forgot

42. Dont listen to bad advice

Here ends the list please add any glaring omissions or any thoughts on these or the 48 rules of power .

43. Don’t trust a fart if you’re over 60

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join