It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK 6th Generation Fighter Named - Tempest

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Morning,

PM just announced Tempest to be the Typhoon successor, BAE, Leonardo, Rolls-Royce and MBDA main partners. Hope to get some pictures posted today from Farnborough.

In keeping with our previous historic fighters, the UK is sticking to stormy weather for our main fighter's name! - We love a good stormy multinational fighter program :-)

Link to photograph via Twitter

Optionally Manned, in service by 2035

Cheers
Robbie
edit on 16-7-2018 by stratsys-sws because: added link

edit on 16-7-2018 by stratsys-sws because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: stratsys-sws

I will be very interested to see what the specific requirements for 6th gen would be and what sort of timescale they are looking at.

I will be keeping a close eye on this thread

oh, and I love the name "Tempest" Was hoping for a Spitfire 2 but hey ho

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: expatwhite

Optionally Manned!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   
NHS is on its knees.

Government decide to buy more toys to kill people with.

Something isn’t right here.....
edit on 16-7-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Get a grip....We generate billions from defence, it's like comparing apples and oranges.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Am just saying the billions that they are going to be spend on this could be put to better use.

In my humble opinion it would suit us better to invest this cash in our collapsing public services.

Trident renewal, new aircraft carriers and now this.....

How about we build some new hospitals, prisons, schools then start looking to build weapons of war.
edit on 16-7-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Seriously, wrong thread!

I'm so tempted not to respond, but I just can't help it. Let's follow your thinking, let's build the best hospitals, schools and infrastructure in the world, but not bother to defend it from those that want what we have. Ahh hello nice foreign power, here you go..would you like us to start speaking your language and adopting your religion too...ahh sure, we're all happy here, take what you like.

gggrrrrr, sorry.

Cheers
Robbie

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Only a concept but it's a nice full scale model

Twitter Link

Cheers
Robbie
edit on 16-7-2018 by stratsys-sws because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I don't think we are about to be invaded....

Dude you wrote a thread about this new fighter program so its open for discussion to all members regardless what our views on it may be.

I happen to be of the view that given the current state of our public services the money could be better invested in those, its a entirely reasonable opinion to hold. Now you may disagree with me all you want, thats fine, I am not going to try to change your mind I am only saying that I believe the money could be better spent.

Nothing wrong with that.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: stratsys-sws

Twitter Link

Cheers
Robbie

Cheers for the link mate, that looks bloody awesome. It does remind me of something else I have seen kicking about but cant remember what? Sure someone

anyway, second line and cheers again for the link.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

You're completely correct, you have the right to say what you like, freedom of speech is something thousands of UK armed forces personnel have died for so you can sprout nonsense.

If it's just about money, you do realise that the UK government will be investing 'only' £2 Billion in this program, which is likely to generate over £6 Billion for the UK economy, and pay the wages of over 18,000 staff, who then go on to pay taxes to fund the NHS.

It's not a case of NHS or Defence, we do both and we do a bloody good job too.

I can absolutely guarantee that if we had no defence systems, if we were not a member of NATO and had no allies with decent defence, one of the most strategically import islands in the European continent would be invaded.

Cheers
Robbie

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: expatwhite

originally posted by: stratsys-sws

Twitter Link

Cheers
Robbie

Cheers for the link mate, that looks bloody awesome. It does remind me of something else I have seen kicking about but cant remember what? Sure someone

anyway, second line and cheers again for the link.

It's just a concept, but lets face it form follows function so it's going to look a lot like other platforms either on the drawing board or currently flying. What makes the six generation piece is as much about affordability as it is integration, flexibility and technology.

Optionally Manned, affordable, stealth, integrated.

Cheers
Robbie

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Twitter pic looks like the Northrup YF-23

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Am just saying the billions that they are going to be spend on this could be put to better use.

In my humble opinion it would suit us better to invest this cash in our collapsing public services.

Trident renewal, new aircraft carriers and now this.....

How about we build some new hospitals, prisons, schools then start looking to build weapons of war.

What will public service do for your country if Russia ever decides to invade? Kinda like having a home you cant defend so some a*sshole will break in, murder you, your kids, rape your wife and give her to some one else, while she's wishing she should have just let you invest in that gun but instead you bought an automatic vacuum cleaner and gave your kids an allowance just because you had extra money...

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I agree, I think depleating people of extras would fix the world, then we could shove the undesireables into a camp and make them work for it.
edit on 16-7-2018 by KarmasBiatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Let's try and keep this about Tempest please guys, not UK domestic spending. Sorry, my fault for biting.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
Twitter pic looks like the Northrup YF-23

Yeah I agree it does, although if you have a look around the back the trailing edge is pretty different.

Cheers
Robbie

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
assets.publishing.service.gov.uk...

Interesting read.

It's named after electronic warfare and secure communications systems, imagine it works in conjunction with the Transformer style drones.
edit on 16-7-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Why does every country seem to be working on a stealth aircraft for their immediate future?

All I ever hear is that the Russians new missile system will shoot em down.

I guess not everyone believes the anti stealth propaganda.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Yup all good points.

However I will believe the $6 Billion return when I see it, also a investment like this in other public services would also create jobs.

I acknowledge that you raise good points yet I am still of the view that the government should be investing in improving public services before yet more investment in weapons.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join