It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Children As Young As 5’ Could Face Immigration Court Alone

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Didn't say it wasn't happening, just not happening in the way I'm sure the media is portraying it.

How would a unaccompanied child be processed through the immigration system to the next step if they don't do all the steps? I highly doubt there is no sort of council or chaperone with them.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Didn't say it wasn't happening, just not happening in the way I'm sure the media is portraying it.

I can believe that

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure no five year old was unaccompanied!

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

So why the need to post a thread condemning actions that you just agreed might not be accurately represented?

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

it's completely stupid to have 5 year olds face court proceedings

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

So why the need to post a thread condemning actions that you just agreed might not be accurately represented?

give me a break, this is as bad as the SJW commenting

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Do you think calling someone a "social justice warrior" is an insult? You anti social justice? What is this thread but a social injustice warrior's complaint?

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Wasn’t Mexico supposed to pay for some kind of wall or something?

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You're welcome to send as much of your paycheck as you want to them in their home country.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: toysforadults

sorry I can't debate anything with an SJW who bases all of their opinions on how they feel and not reality based on facts

The facts are in. US law allows for asylum and refugee victims to seek sanctuary within its borders.

YUP. And if you can show me where in the instructions for gaining asylum, you are told to sneak over the border, I'll join right with you on this. If you can't, then perhaps it's time to pull your head out of that dark smelly place it's at currently.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

"Sneaking" past our borders is not proscribed in our refugee/asylum treaties and laws, nor does it adversely affect a person's right to claim asylum.

Affirmative Asylum Processing With USCIS
To obtain asylum through the affirmative asylum process you must be physically present in the United States. You may apply for asylum status regardless of how you arrived in the United States or your current immigration status.
www.uscis.gov...

edit on 15-7-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I can just picture an evil white Republican Male judge grilling a sweet little Mexican girl about her immigration.

"Why did you come here? Where are the drugs? Are you MS13!!!!!! Answer me damnit!!!!!!"

"Cookie"

"Send her to the gas chamber!!!!!!"

I literally laughed so hard, I shot soy milk through my nose holes!

"Cookie"

You should draw up the comic for that.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

"Sneaking" past our borders is not proscribed in our refugee/asylum treaties and laws, nor does it adversely affect a person's right to claim asylum.

To obtain asylum through the affirmative asylum process you must be physically present in the United States. You may apply for asylum status regardless of how you arrived in the United States or your current immigration status.
www.uscis.gov...

Cool. I'd like to seek "asylum" in Ireland. I sure do love me some redheads and guiness.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I hope the proceedings are recorded/televised/beamed to all the countries south of Texas. Those who are considering coming illegally should think twice...and then NOT do it.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

sorry I can't debate anything with an SJW who bases all of their opinions on how they feel and not reality based on facts

The facts are in. US law allows for asylum and refugee victims to seek sanctuary within its borders.

Except that the law was changed recently by this administration.

From a conservative (I think) news source Trump keeps making it harder for people to seek asylum legally

These are not Mexicans, as a rule, but people from farther south.

And from Fox Trump rule changes turn away more asylum seekers

These aren't illegals. They're people who were permitted to APPLY to enter the US. The way they do this (legally) is to show up at our borders and ASK for asylum. Only now a set of new rules is making this harder to do and most efforts are now illegal...

...as these news stories say.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I hope the proceedings are recorded/televised/beamed to all the countries south of Texas. Those who are considering coming illegally should think twice...and then NOT do it.

The rules changed and are changing. The ones with kids taken away from them recently are asylum seekers. Illegal immigrants looking for work don't bring kids with them (check any stories about illegal immigrants at the border and you'll see these are people of working age and unencumbered by toddlers and babies.)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

F!ck the illegal children! Screw anti-cartel and gang asylum seekers! Screw being a decent human being! Ship them all back and build that expensive wall!!!

What's the point of being American if America doesn't stand for what is right and moral?

Shipping children back, droning striking innocent civilians, supporting proxy wars across the world.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

www.uscis.gov...

Cool, so if you get caught, your thinking is you can just say "I'm claiming asylum" and you should get away with the illegal part of crossing the border? Laws no longer affect you? No, I think not. The process for seeking asylum is here:
www.uscis.gov...

I think the process should be fixed. But that part isn't up to Trump alone, Congress needs to do a little something first. Or are yo unaware of how that process works as well?

link   
a reply to: Byrd

But in most cases, asylum seekers in the suit report being told that there wasn’t room for them to be processed at the port of entry. And that might very well be true. That’s what CBP agents initially told the few hundred asylum seekers who made up the remnants of the Central American “caravan” when they presented themselves to a port of entry in California — then proceeded to process most of them over the next few days, presumably as resources became available. And it’s the same thing the Trump administration told the Guatemalans on the El Paso bridge.

In many cases, though, it really does seem like ports of entry simply don’t have room to hold all the people who come in seeking asylum while they’re initially processed.

I did not see in your source what law was changed, what it used to be, and what the law is now. I was also not aware a President can even change a law.

A PRESIDENT CANNOT . . .
make laws.

www.trumanlibrary.org...

link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Except that the law was changed recently by this administration.

From a conservative (I think) news source Trump keeps making it harder for people to seek asylum legally

These are not Mexicans, as a rule, but people from farther south.

And from Fox Trump rule changes turn away more asylum seekers

These aren't illegals. They're people who were permitted to APPLY to enter the US. The way they do this (legally) is to show up at our borders and ASK for asylum. Only now a set of new rules is making this harder to do and most efforts are now illegal...

...as these news stories say.

I'm glad. why the hell do I have to continue to pay higher taxes to help everyone but myself ON EVERYTHING

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join