It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The principle of paradox.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   
To comprehend and have an authentic perception of duality, one must see within themselves the opposites merged. It is like a coin; it is not possible to hold onto only "one side" of the coin. Both polarities are involved. The coin will still have two sides despite an unwillingness, ignorance, or inability to admit to the side "unseen." It is only within our minds, our mentation, that one 'face' is sacrificed for the other.

To walk through the "narrow gate," the duality within one's self must be merged; not by poetically or musingly fantasizing upon words and commiting the mind to a false state of utopia. This does nothing! That is a self-induced state of hypnosis which the new age positivist movement exemplified thoroughly. Does only "thinking" or "believing" in the "positive," get rid of the negative? No, it only magnifies both sides to relative proportion to each other. The circle will still complete itself - the other side will not be denied.

Continued .. In video

(All above text goes to Chiron Last)

I'm simply tired of this left vs right divide in this site. To see so many oblivious to the division that exists in nearly every popular topic is frustrating. The political climate of NOW, and in past, are so obvious a play to this polar division. It is almost as if politicians are ensuring the saftey of their broken illusionary system.

While, the extremes cry "MAGA", or "impeach", the world pushes towards a greater pendulum, and no one questions the swing. No one questions why, there is so much polarity..

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Yes.

Your last part though. There are many of us who see things similarly to you. The divisiveness in the world feels artificial and contrived. Almost like people are being coerced on a mental, emotional, spiritual level.

Like some kind great evil is making its last stand.
edit on 7152018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

While, the extremes cry "MAGA"....

I didn’t know it was extreme to say hey let’s “make America great again”.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think many people question the polarity hence the popularity of 'conspiracy' sites and other sub forums all over the internet. Intelligent folk have been questioning it for decades (if not centuries/millennia) but the hold of those in power becomes more and and more consolidated all the time

edit on 15-7-2018 by johnb because: bracketed

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

While it is difficult to live within a dualistic paradigm - which to me appears to be a universal reality - it is not impossible.

There is an uncertainty to life in this world. Today, we may prosper; "tomorrow we may totter on the uneven paths of weakness, temptation and adversity." ('The Work')

Here is how we Masons understand duality:

"While then our feet tread on this Mosaic Pavement, let our ideas recur to the original copy; let us act as the dictates of right reason prompt us, cultivate harmony, practice charity, and live in peace with all men".

Look to Providence as a unifying guide!
edit on 15-7-2018 by CanadianMason because: I got my days mixed up.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

As much as it pisses me off on ATS, division is the engine that moves humanity forward. Thousands of years ago it was conflict with neighbouring states then it became divisions of nations. Divisions between religions and political beliefs are part of the human condition.

Generation gaps. The haves and have nots. Star Trek versus Star Wars. Can Nicholas Cage act? To be or not to be? Always choices and polarities.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Well put!

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It's the push and pull that moves us forward - I agree

I've always thought that a functioning civilization is like any healthy ecosystem. Checks and balances make it work, even if the checks and balances don't always work out in our favor

Every once in a while the whole thing turns into a giant algae bloom and it's nothing but trouble until it balances out :-)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

'Wheels' within 'wheels'. Complex natural cycles and structures within complex natural cycles and structures.........socio-political...etc...

join