It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I seriously see why people SNAP at work!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
First off I love my job and am grateful to have one since it took me 7 months to find it. Now with that said I can still LOVE my job and HATE the incompetent people I work with and for.

I work in insurance, long story short I service 2000+ clients. I get paid $13/hr, I have ZERO benefits because I can't afford the insurance. Holiday pay? Forget it it's a joke. You accumulate 15 mins PER PAY CHECK! Yea so you would have to be here YEARS to get a weeks paid time. Sick time? Ha yea not likely. There is zero benefit to working here besides I get a pay check.

Now on a daily basis I am chewed out by clients because the agents don't do their job or have told the client it was all taken care of when in fact it was NOT taken care of! I am so tired of being the doormat for these lazy incompetent morons! I would not recommend any of these people to take care of my insurance needs. I am expected to "take one for the team" my boss' words! I said NO I do not take one for anyone who is an adult and capable of doing their job. I don't make excuses for lazy adults! It is so bad you have no idea. I started to document all the crap but it was taking up too much time! I have 4 agents who only deal with what they are working on at that moment and then I have ALL the clients to deal with on top of the agents and their daily mess ups. I have had customers make comments about about they know I do the work and the agents just write the policy and pass it to me. They are 100% correct yet that isn't how it is suppose to work! We have a sister agency next door who has 7 customers service agents for their 6 sales agents. I AM ONE PERSON FOR 4 AGENTS!! I have been told since I started there will be another and yet there isn't. I work through lunch and if I am not here forget it NOBODY does anything to help me out. Nadda.

I am actively looking for another job because I am seriously ready to lose my SH***! I will be nobody's doormat NOR will I take one for anyone!! We have these weekly meetings and it is like listening to Trump talk, the owner is so arrogant and the crap he says is so NOT what everyone preaches. It is like highschool here with adults. It is beyond insane. I keep to myself and that is it! I am just not like these people and of course I'm the weird one they mock, shocker!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE TODAY! Is this an American epidemic? LAZY FREAKING CO WORKERS or is this a global issue?

On a side note I am working on starting my own business making jewelry. I have been ordering supplies even if it causes me to go broke. I need out of the environment i am in. IF I can make some money with making jewelry I can go back to banking part time and make killer money and benefits and still be out early to be with my son instead of working 12 hours a day and barely having any time for my son or a life!

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

You don't get holiday pay? I'm enjoying some of my holiday time off now we by law get 28 days paid holiday per year.
They called me in last week and told me I had to take some seeing I had not had any off for months.
Sounds like crap so I agree look for another job but get a job before you pack that one in.
Good luck.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE TODAY! Is this an American epidemic? LAZY FREAKING CO WORKERS or is this a global issue?

Its all about where you work and what management is willing to put up with. When I was in logistics I laid out what the expectations were for new hires and followed up throughout the training process.

I was strict about those expectations because the job had the potential of being very difficult. If everyone pulled their weight, it was easy and ran smooth.... All it took was a few just trying to cash a check to bog things down and put stress on the good employees.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I'm part-time so I only get what I'm willing to work with no benefits. On the other side, my hours are flexible and the scheduling allows me to play mom when I need to. Right now, that fits our schedule best, but I do worry about not laying in a retirement account.

However, I wonder how I can work in publishing and sit next to someone who uses "like" three times in a 10 word sentence. Makes me want to put my head through my monitor. I get antsy if I see "our" twice in one sentence ... "our treatments at our clinic" ... will inevitably become "the treatments at our clinic" for example for the sake of removing redundancy.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

You don't get holiday pay? I'm enjoying some of my holiday time off now we by law get 28 days paid holiday per year.

Nope not in the states. Where are you? Most companies you have to acquire it per pay period. It is ridiculous. When I worked for the bank we got an UNHEARD of two weeks PAID sick AND holiday time! I have never in my life had time like that in any job. They only hire part time now but they have excellent benefits to go along with it.

My bf lives in The Netherlands and he gets 45 days! FORTY FIVE! I was like WHAT! He also gets a percentage of his salary FOR holiday. So he gets time and money. It boggles my mind but in the same aspect he has a great employer and he doesn't have the problems so many people here have. It is the one thing he doesn't understand about our country, the WORK WORK WORK mentality and I agree with him. You are expected to work all the time even though it isn't spoken. Yea sorry I won't come in on weekends, that is MY time! When I took my holiday in March to see my BF I took those 10 days without pay but I saved my money and my taxes to make sure i could take that time off. He will be here in November for 2 weeks and I have taken half the time off and the other half I will work. He is so understanding as he knows i don't get paid for time off and I can't afford to lose any time at the holidays.

They called me in last week and told me I had to take some seeing I had not had any off for months.
Sounds like crap so I agree look for another job but get a job before you pack that one in.
Good luck.

Haha that is funny. Yea my bf took off a week just to do work around his house and he still has plenty of time to come see me in November. I am just in awe of how things work there and how different it is here.

If I were a small business owner like these people with 20 employees I would give them excellent holiday and sick time!! It will not hurt them in any way. They just bought two more agencies and a new car so someone isn't doing too damn bad. Yet we the minions struggle to make at least one holiday. It isn't fun to go on holiday when you aren't getting paid and still have a ton of work to go back to because nobody helps with anything. My bf said when he was gone for holiday with me he went back to work and his co-workers helped him with his work. You think I came back to the same?! NO! I even gave my boss a list of 12 things that needed to be taken care of while i was gone. He did ONE! ONE and had the SAME excuses he uses when I am here as to why the others weren't done. I legit wanted to cry and quit that day when I came back. I was so livid.

I really do no understand how these so called small mom and pop businesses operate this way?! Family oriented my rear!

Oh I am actively looking. I just can't take it anymore. I went through enough emotional stress at the bank but at least I was compensated VERY WELL. Now I have nothing, no benefit what so ever. I hope in a years time I will be working on my jewelry more and it is a nice little income for me. I don't expect to be rich off of it but to at least go to part time to where it can supplement me being full time.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

You have to learn the art of NOT GIVING A CRAP.

Don't kill yourself over a job where they will fire you when it's no longer convenient for them.

Don't skip lunch for these people who obviously don't appreciate you and treat you like crap.

Go watch Office Space and do a Peter Gibbons and just DGAF.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Its all about where you work and what management is willing to put up with. When I was in logistics I laid out what the expectations were for new hires and followed up throughout the training process.

Well it seems like every place I've worked in the last 6 years is full of lazy half arsed people who don't care. The training process is a joke. I for one was never trained. I sat with the person who did my job before me for 3 days. ALL I saw was how much she shopped and played on Facebook. I learned nothing from her. Oh and come to find out she has no license and shouldn't even legally be working here! SO yea that really irks me because she is jeopardizing ALL of our jobs!

I was strict about those expectations because the job had the potential of being very difficult. If everyone pulled their weight, it was easy and ran smooth.... All it took was a few just trying to cash a check to bog things down and put stress on the good employees.
Oh I agree if people follow through it's great but many people here have been allowed to slack off for years. They have excuse after excuse for them. I want no part of it anymore. I am legit tired of being chewed out daily by clients.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

UK we get 28 days full pay holiday some include bank holidays but I tend to work em for the overtime. Even part time people get pro rota full holidays and pay.
Ever thought of going to live in the Netherlands? I did for a year great place great people and the working conditions were amazing.
Also do you have laws about breaks at work?.
edit on 10-7-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

What benefits you get really depend on where you work.

You sound like you have a crap situation there in those terms. My husband has overly generous ones where he is at. I have nothing.

It more or less depends on the employer. I used to think that overly generous benefits were a European employer thing because my husband's job is through a German owned company, but my aunt spent years working for a French owned company who treated their employees like so many disposable parts.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I'm part-time so I only get what I'm willing to work with no benefits. On the other side, my hours are flexible and the scheduling allows me to play mom when I need to. Right now, that fits our schedule best, but I do worry about not laying in a retirement account.

However, I wonder how I can work in publishing and sit next to someone who uses "like" three times in a 10 word sentence. Makes me want to put my head through my monitor. I get antsy if I see "our" twice in one sentence ... "our treatments at our clinic" ... will inevitably become "the treatments at our clinic" for example for the sake of removing redundancy.

Ummm...IKWYM...

Every time I read something...my personal pet peeve mind picks out all of the spelling errors...even though I'm not the spelling bee champion mind you...

The one I truly love is in the title of OP's here on ATS...it really grinds my gears...but I get over it...
My thought is always...don't these people realize there's an edit function...?

But then I think...WTH...prolly writ on they're phone and the spell check demon possessed that particular device...

Or not...

YouSir
edit on 10-7-2018 by YouSir because: too many an A...gets in the way...

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

If you want to know how to get away with murder send me a PM but don't tell anyone I told you.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's the swip swap way isn't it? you murder mblahns victim and she murders someone you want bumped off....who is it?.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Someone she could easily handle since they have tiny biceps.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Well I have seen my death and it's death by snu snu so I'm happy

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

You have to learn the art of NOT GIVING A CRAP.

Don't kill yourself over a job where they will fire you when it's no longer convenient for them.

Don't skip lunch for these people who obviously don't appreciate you and treat you like crap.

Go watch Office Space and do a Peter Gibbons and just DGAF.

See I don't have the "I don't give a crap" gene. I can't do that to clients. MY JOB is to take care of them and if I had the same mentality as my co-workers then I would be part of the problem. I constantly bring up these issues to my boss and he always brushes them off or has one of many excuses ready. I really dont know how they sleep at night or do their jobs daily half arsed.

If I take a lunch I honestly panic as to what I could be getting done while I am on lunch. I could make phone calls in that 30 mins.

HAHAHA I have been told to watch Office Space many times. Maybe i should check it out finally.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

UK we get 28 days full pay holiday some include bank holidays but I tend to work em for the overtime. Even part time people get pro rota full holidays and pay.
Ever thought of going to live in the Netherlands? I did for a year great place great people and the working conditions were amazing.
Also do you have laws about breaks at work?.

WOW that is amazing!

Yes I want to move to The Netherlands. My bf and I have discussed it and will discuss it further when he is here. We don't want to rush into anything but yes I would move in a heartbeat. I absolutely loved it there. The energy was so different than what I am use to and it felt so calming and happy. I know that may sound odd but given this is ATS I figured more would understand that than anywhere else.

OH we have laws but Florida is a right to work state so you can say something but they can also fire you with no notice or reasons. It's WHY SO MANY companies get away with treating employees like crap!

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I'm a hard working individual in Africa, laziness is perhaps not a global phenomenon, but alive and well on my continent.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

Nope not in the states. Where are you? Most companies you have to acquire it per pay period. It is ridiculous. When I worked for the bank we got an UNHEARD of two weeks PAID sick AND holiday time! I have never in my life had time like that in any job. They only hire part time now but they have excellent benefits to go along with it.

My bf lives in The Netherlands and he gets 45 days! FORTY FIVE! I was like WHAT! He also gets a percentage of his salary FOR holiday. So he gets time and money. It boggles my mind but in the same aspect he has a great employer and he doesn't have the problems so many people here have. It is the one thing he doesn't understand about our country, the WORK WORK WORK mentality and I agree with him. You are expected to work all the time even though it isn't spoken. Yea sorry I won't come in on weekends, that is MY time! When I took my holiday in March to see my BF I took those 10 days without pay but I saved my money and my taxes to make sure i could take that time off. He will be here in November for 2 weeks and I have taken half the time off and the other half I will work. He is so understanding as he knows i don't get paid for time off and I can't afford to lose any time at the holidays.

Good luck.

Haha that is funny. Yea my bf took off a week just to do work around his house and he still has plenty of time to come see me in November. I am just in awe of how things work there and how different it is here.

If I were a small business owner like these people with 20 employees I would give them excellent holiday and sick time!! It will not hurt them in any way. They just bought two more agencies and a new car so someone isn't doing too damn bad. Yet we the minions struggle to make at least one holiday. It isn't fun to go on holiday when you aren't getting paid and still have a ton of work to go back to because nobody helps with anything. My bf said when he was gone for holiday with me he went back to work and his co-workers helped him with his work. You think I came back to the same?! NO! I even gave my boss a list of 12 things that needed to be taken care of while i was gone. He did ONE! ONE and had the SAME excuses he uses when I am here as to why the others weren't done. I legit wanted to cry and quit that day when I came back. I was so livid.

I really do no understand how these so called small mom and pop businesses operate this way?! Family oriented my rear!

Oh I am actively looking. I just can't take it anymore. I went through enough emotional stress at the bank but at least I was compensated VERY WELL. Now I have nothing, no benefit what so ever. I hope in a years time I will be working on my jewelry more and it is a nice little income for me. I don't expect to be rich off of it but to at least go to part time to where it can supplement me being full time.

I work in the US and I get I think 8 paid holiday, 8 paid sick days, 3 paid personal days, and roughly 3 weeks of vacation - paid. Just sounds like you work for a crappy business. Keep looking, there is much better out there.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

You may care about customer service and feel you have an obligation to them but I can guarantee they don't care about you.
Believe me when I say a work ethic is hard to find today and if you have a good one go find a better job.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Well I have seen my death and it's death by snu snu so I'm happy

You two are killing me

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join