It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are young people in the US wrapped up in cotton wool?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: SurveyTheSurveyors

Interesting points

I agree, my son got his first car off us when he was 17, within a year he rolled it and got banned from driving for 8 months. I remember laughing when I told him that was the only car was getting from me and his mother...he chuckled back that he knew that already.
He's a qualified plumber these days doing well for himself, he's worked hard for it because he knew he had to.
He's worked from age 16, was a part time lifeguard while at plumbing college, fiercly independent, just like I was when I was 16. No allowance from me or his mother once he was old enough to get a part time job, earn your own money lol.

Haha we've all been there, well, most of us. Thankfully for myself and others involved in such situations, including your son, were blessed just enough to make it to the next morning. A mistake I'm sure that was learned from and carried on throughout his life. Congratulations on raising a son that you can speak openly about, and a son that you're proud of. I never had a father figure do to his drug addictions, but ones like you are the ones I take my hat off to. *takes hat off*

I'm only 23, and the amount of my piers that are just now getting cut off from the family funding are losing it. All I see is kids that were forced to go through college without the slightest clue of their aspirations are now graduating with weak degrees and haven't a single skill or trade, ultimately leaving them unemployed or working mediocre odd jobs. I took a different route, one that I can't talk about on ATS do to ToS, but let's just say business is booming

I wish you and your family many more wonderful hard working tomorrows my friend!

Cheers!
-StS

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SurveyTheSurveyors

Ah thanks for the reply

Same here with lame degrees that won't get you a job aside from entry level management in a supermarket chain or similar. My lad has a trade and no student loan debts to pay off. He says he wants to get a degree one day, but only just to prove that can do it, and he'll fund it himself instead of borrowing off the government.
Interesting you say about your career path which breaches T&C's, one of my son's best mates went down a similar path (I'm assuming a trader of some sort) and he is big time now, wholesale, making many thousands a week.
He's in with some locally very powerful figures but I saved his life when he was drowning as a child so I'm really safe.

23? I'd love to be 23 again, I wish you the best as well mate, and I'll add if you want to do something always chase it. Better to try and fail than look back and wonder what if...

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join