It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hudson Valley UFO Wave-Revisited

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The mighty Gazrok, with his wonderful Roswell series, has inspired me to revisit one of the most forgotten and ill mentioned UFO waves in history. While I shall not be able to do the job he did, I shall cram what I can in one thread.

From 1982-1985, a wave of huge black trianglar UFO sightings swept the Hudson Valley. It is perhaps one of the best UFO cases on record, because it has something that it hard to refute: Multiple Unrelated witnesses, to the tune of over 7,000, many of whom were aerospace engineers, cops, Business executives, scientists, and other upstanding well educated people. Some videos were taken of the craft, and analysis of the footage concluded the lights seen belonged to one big object.

One night, the object was seen by thousands on I-84, and people pulled off the freeway to get out of their cars and watch it.

www.ufoevidence.org...

One incident involved the UFO hovering over the Indian Point Nuclear Power Plant. Witnessed by many security guards, cops, and technicians.

www.ufoevidence.org...

The offical FAA answer was it was the work of some pranksters flying in formation. However, given the fact that the pranksters flew BECAUSE of the wave of UFO sightings, and the fact that very few people actually called in to report this formation of planes, this answer is incorrect.

We also have a curious and very twisted tale of govornment conspiracy.

www.ufoevidence.org...

The CIA waas doing something in the area, as was the Air Force. Both agencies took a very peculiar interest in this wave.

So, what was our UFO? Secret govornment test craft? Again........inlikely.

The size of this beast was described as being something between the size of 2-3 football fields, and 20 stories high. I did a little looking, and the only thing I can think of thats anywhere near that size is a plane being built by Airbus that will fly in 2008. But this wave occured in 1982-85.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Even the old Russian AN-124, biggest cargo carrier in the mid 80's does not compare.

www.fas.org...

And its unlikely such a craft would have been flying around in US airspace when the cold war was still on. If the AN-124 is anything like its American counterpart, the C-5 Galaxy, it was definitely not respinsible. C-5s are LOUD. I knwo this because Ive ridden in C-5s on a few occasions. The UFO was described as disturbingly quiet, silent, emitting only the faintest of humming noises.

So there you have it. I have heard reports that this area is still hopping with activity. Not as bad as the mid-80's, but the Hudson River Valley has been an epicenter of strangeness for a while. Its the home of Washington Irvings Headless Horseman.

So folks, whatca think?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
i read the first and third of those ufoevidence articles. I was interested because I am from around this area, though a little north, and have had some strange occurences. Today I couldn't stop thinking about my past experiences.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I live right there. And i never heard of such a thing but now that i did and it shocks me that something like this happened so close to where i live..
My father once saw a ufo with a bunch of other people near the horse raceway and i have no idea if it was reported or not but i hear it was in the news paper. My father said it was the size of a foot ball field and just hoverd in one spot with no sound to it, there were many people who saw it too including police officers. The date my father said was near the time he saw it but he doesnt know for sure what year it was. It was all black and about 80-100 feet up and there was NO sound at all.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
holy cow...! I never heard of anything like this before. I love ATS...this place never ceases to amaze me!
Thanks for the cool links, Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Shadow Man, it is more thank likely your dad was talking about the same thing here. he was probably one of thousands of people in three states that saw this big friggin UFO.

What amazes me is that this incident itself is so rarely mentioned and looked into. It has a signifigance close to Roswell. The main thing here, is we have several thousand people who reported it, probably even more that didnt, and many of these witnesses are still alive, young, and some right here on ATS maybe! But this was they type of case Dr Hynek thought was the very type of solid case needed by scientists. It had all the important elements of a great case. Thousands of independant witnesses, unrelated, with very high educational backgrounds and solid standing in their communities. We had environmental effects, like when the thing screwed with the nuclear power plant. And its very recent.

We also have the govornment acting VERY odd here.

This case should be looked at alot more. Especially since we have so many people here on ATS who live in that area. Its the most densely populated region of the US. And not enough time has passed for the whole sotyr to be silenced. Unlike Roswell, we have many living witnesses, all who live during a time when we no longer blindly trust and obey the govornment at face value.

They may have buried the truth about Roswell, as they had plenty of time and complacency. But with real digging, we could keep them from doing the same here!

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I agree 100% with you.. its scary that the object was over the plant and that another one was over the dam which is a hour or two away from my house but the plant is closer to my house maybe they will come back and come straight to where i live
ive never seen a ufo in my area in my life believe it or not even though i keep looking i come up empty handed and now to find out that all this occured i wonder why there is no more activity its very strange. I would be lucky to see something but i never have which is sad to me because it would really make my day.

The government always act weird on such a subjects because they dont know howto explain it themselfes but they subject other things for the real object like a blimp that was said was "possibly" the ufo but there were none in the area at the time. The government take up too much time denieing stuff thats true. And yes its very strange, and very scary for ufos to be going near power plants and dams.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
There still are UFO and strange occurances in your area, shadow. Its not as heavy as it once was. But it still occurs.

Incidentally, the great Northeast blackout back in 1965 I believe was the year was related to UFOs. UFOs were seen by many people hovering over power plants and a few substations, shortly after, the grid crashed. That paticular power outage, many tech nicians said when they were repairing the damage, the evidence they saw told them there was a massive DRAIN on the system, that something had literally sucked up all the electricity.

So the whole NYC metro area beyond the skyscrapers of Manhatten seems to be as much a hotbed of UFO acvitivty as Area 51 or even Mt Rainier.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Thats incredible! i would of never thought that ny would be such a hot bed!
Many reports come from nyc but maybe 2 out of my area which is yonkers.
I wouldnt know if there are still occurences because i never hear about it or see it
but now that you said it ill have to keep on the look out from time to time and i might get lucky and see something then i could die cause my lifes goal is to see a ufo and become a cop

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Maybe, if you see the UFO, the liens will have a nice little " I Love NY" bumper sticker!

Two books I strongly recommend reading:

Aliens From Space: The Real Story of Unidentified Flying Objects, By Maj Donald Keyhoe. 1973. ISBN # 0-385-06751-8

This is a great book. Keyhoe, who was a retired Marine Corps Major, was one of the first people way back in 1949 to blow the whistle about a govornment coverup of UFOs. He was a good friend of Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter, a former director of the CIA and a possible member of the alleged MJ-12 committee. Keyhoe and Hillenkoetter were classmates at the Naval academy. Keyhoe was also one of the founding members of NICAP, the first major civilian UFO research organization. In this book, he devotes a whole chapter to the blackout of 1965 and the UFO link. Its a great read. I firmly recommend it.

And the best book on the Hudson Valley Wave:

Night Seige J. Allen Hynek, Philip j. Imbrogno and Bob Pratt 1987.
ISBN # 1-56718-362-x

Its the most comprehensive documentary on the whole subject. It was also perhaps the last work on UFOs ever written by J Allen Hynek, father of Modern scientific Ufology, creator of the Close Encounters and High Strangeness classification systems, as he passed away in 1986. He was once the scientific consultant for the Air Force project Blue Book, as he was the head of the astronomy department for Northwestern University. He eventually became convinced that the UFO phenomenon was real, although he didnt totally believe it was aliens himself. He did however believed it was worthy of scientific study and should be taken more seriously. He also was disgusted by the govornment handling of UFOs and the cover-ups. This case was in his mind, the best he ever had investigated because it met some very important criteria for him: multiple witnesses over a large area of good background, consistant descriptions, and residual evidence. I recommend this book strongly. This case interests me for two big reasons: Hynek was very interested and personally involved, and it began my own interest in studying the new black triangle phenomenon.

I also recommend:

The UFO Experience J. Allen Hynek 1972 . ISBN # 1-56924-782-X

This book is the landmark in the scientific evaluation of UFOs, and sets up the classification system and ways to measure and classify UFO sightings. A Fascinating, great read, and a must for any serious Ufologist.

And for current UFO acitivty in your area, visit:

www.nuforc.org...

NOFORC has thre best database online for UFO reports from everywhere, and you can sort them for viewing by state, date, shape of UFO. Its a great place to get a good look at any UFO activity in your area, keep up on the latest sightings and trends, even waves of UFO sightings.

I hope I have armed you with sufficent knowledge to help you in your own private investigations or curiosity. You live in a hotspot, so make the most of it!

I also suggest reading:

Left at East Gate Larry Warren and Peter Robbins 1997 .
ISBN # 0-56924-759-5

The book is about the Rendelsham Forest Incident in Suffolk, England of 1980, but Larry Warren, original whistle blower of the incident and most controversial witness in the case, was a native of the Hudson Valley area and witnessed some of the activity there as well.

Anyways, happy hunting! Im not surprised aliens would visit New York. In NYC they say it takes all types!

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Maybe, if you see the UFO, the liens will have a nice little " I Love NY" bumper sticker!

lol, Ill check out those books and see if i can get some reading done on them
i still havnt finished the 9/11 commission report yet
thanks for the names of the books ill try and get them in a week or so

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
i have a friend that told me when she was a child,her mom and her were driving down into the taconic valley in ny.state..rural area near vermont and mass.state..they remember the sky over the valley getting dark and mom freaked out and drove back home..
they thought they seen and others a large ship..

i have not seen one or even follow ufo stries..thou i have very realistic like dreams at times..
i can see the deer eating my tulips etc etc yada..in my dreams..for real..

i slept in a camper tent one summer in my garden..i dreamed that there was a huge ..a few football fields huge..floating above me and above the pasture near me and the mtn.top..

it was silent and i seen lights on the entire thing in the symbol of the cross..

i had this feeling in my dream that this ship or whatever it was...knew everything...and i mean everything,thought dream..plant rock secret....
i awoke and actually ran out into the dark,to look at a star filled sky...

i looked as if i should have seen this all before me..

thou perhaps i did...

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
redacted

[edit on 27-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hudson Valley UFOs from 1983/1984 and Belgium UFOs from 1989/1990 are two of the most important triangular shaped UFO flaps. I don't think either were man made crafts.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Sorry Elf...

moved to newer thread

Hudson Valley: Lights, Triangles and Boomerangs
www.abovetopsecret.com...

join