It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great. Just great!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
NOT!

So someone wants to fix me up, or set me up, or whatever the hip, new, out of sight lingo they all be using these days.

It's tempting to reestablish hope, but it's also vain and foolish. I don't think my heart is in it anymore.

Even worse! The person trying to set me up is someone I barely know. She knows nothing about me, I know nothing about her, and I know even less about the person I'm supposed to be set-ed up with-ed.

This sounds like a recipe for double disaster.

It's a joke, a trick, a taunt of the highest caliber.

I am curious if anyone has ever found a first success so late in life. I am super doubtful, and highly skeptical of everything.

I don't wanna grow up!

Why would I want to give up my secure little hidey spider nook. It's too late to change. I am a manchild, and I'm no good for anyone. I don't want hope.

I guess I have to stand up a blind date now. Great. Just great. Now I feel like a jerk and a half.

edit on 3-7-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
While we can all do it alone, it can be easier with a little help.
What does it hurt to have dinner with a stranger?

"The sea refuses no river and the river is where I am"

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Go on the date. You might find a partner. You might find a friend. Even if it's a terrible date, you can come and tell us and we can laugh with you or share in your misery, or whatever ends up being appropriate. Just go, live a little! Oh, make sure it is at some place you like to eat. A bad date is one thing, a bad date with bad food is a whole nother ball game.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Oooooooor, you can go into it and just have fun. Youve gotten too comfortable in the monotony if your routine. It seems like you're gun-shy. Eff that mentality. Expect to have a good time. Don't expect love after the first bite of your McChicken sandwich, but it could happen.. Who knows, but get your ass out there. Make her laugh just once. This could change your whole life. Maybe you'll even get a little stink on your hanglow... good luck and don't fall asleep
edit on 3-7-2018 by Starhooker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

edit on 3-7-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: meh

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Even worse! The person trying to set me up is someone I barely know. She knows nothing about me, I know nothing about her, and I know even less about the person I'm supposed to be set-ed up with-ed.

Well, only one way to find out abut them, give it a try on a date. Nothing to lose right? Might find a friend if it doesn't work out otherwise. Might not wanna get stuck with thing these days that apparently is looking at social media profile pages. However, can't judge a book by it's cover-kinda creepy snooping isn't it?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I am curious if anyone has ever found a first success so late in life. I am super doubtful, and highly skeptical of everything.

It's too late to change. I am a manchild, and I'm no good for anyone. I don't want hope.

I guess I have to stand up a blind date now. Great. Just great. Now I feel like a jerk and a half.

Excuse my liberties quoting/editing your post.
About me:
Drunk from age 18 to 40, I had relationships, but none took hold, ended in marriage. Even drunk, someone still loved me for who I was.
Got Sober, was given a 2nd chance by a judge who wanted to imprison me (3 DUIs in 5 yrs).
Got an IT Degree.
Met a cutie, 2 yrs younger than me, at age 46....lasted 2 yrs....devastated me.
I placed my profile on POF.com, met a woman, was friends only, for 3 yrs.
That was 2013....
I married her last August, at age 52....First marriage for both.

Try it, just dont place hopes/expectations on one date. Build the friendship before the romance.
As far as not changing....we all change, every day.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Wow...
At the worst you’ll eat some food and get to know a crappy person a little.

At best you’ll find someone you like to spend time with.

It’s a first date, you don’t have to fall madly in love, you don’t have to re-kindle any kind of hope or try to make your heart feel again. Just take it easy, because it sounds to me like you have nothing to loose.

I think you’re just a nervous. Remeber, we’re all just humans, keep the conversation light and please dear god, think before you speak. Dates are easy as long as you remeber she’s not your soul mate, that still needs to be determined

Sounds to me like this would do you a ton of good, even if you end up eating rejection pie for desert.
edit on 3-7-2018 by GreenGunther because: Spelling error af

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Give it a shot man. You never know when that special, mostly compatible person will come along. And there is no age limit as to when it can happen.

My significant came along after I had mostly given up and was enjoying the single life. I would hate to lose her now.

A possible bad date seems worse than wondering what might have been. Good luck either way though!

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   

So what. Make it 1002. I don't know man, just don't wither away in your self doubt and dark room. The potential is still there. Up to you to utilize it. It seems you're almost dreading it. It definitely won't happen if you go into it expecting to fail. Eat a little MDMA . Change your outlook.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
You already have good advice in here, so I'll just say...Do it!

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I'm gonna sayyyyy....

no.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   

LOL! umm, ok. You sure?

edit on 3-7-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Sounds like you need shaking up a bit. And maybe a little more attention to your grooming. And maybe, a little less attention to yourself.

Once you get in the habit of caring for someone more than yourself, then life is what's living for.

Pull out of yourself and see what another world is like-leave that comfort zone-I promise you there is more joy outside oneself.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

My grooming? What's wrong with it? Who you been talking to?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

When you live alone-you tend to let thngs slip-in a few areas of personal hygiene. Important areas. Think on it.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Ah yes of course. The toenails...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Lonely can be a choice, if friends are trying to set you up chances are you need to stray from your comfort zone and live a little, that stranger may be your new best friend.... Drop the inhibitions and live life instead of reading about it or watching fake life on TV.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   
lmao...Justso is trying to say "make sure you mow the South 40" and...

*falls out of chair laughing^

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Just for giggles and stuff.
It's your choice but it could be fun. Maybe. There's only one way to find out I reckon and I don't think the answer is on ATS.

Follow your instinct would be my advice. Good luck with your choice.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join