It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Salty Nuts!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
FRESH nuts! I LOVE fresh nuts! They’re so warm and moist. Nuts are fantastic!!

I like how the nuts move in different ways, some move out of the way, some are shy, but when you hold a couple of nuts in your hand it’s a wonderful thing. They’re so creamy and wonderful, such a salty finish. I LOVE NUTS!!

As I go through the bowl I find Cashew nuts, almond nuts, great big Brazil nuts. Heck, we’ve got peanuts, pecan nuts…shoot, every kind of nuts.

Hey, protect your nuts…I might eat them!!

LOL!!

Sadly, this post is about nuts from trees. Nuts like Walnuts, Spanish peanuts, Cashews, Brazil nuts, Almond nuts, and all other kinds of "nuts" which come from trees.

I LOVE nuts...just not YOUR nuts!!

LOL!!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Brazil nuts are best if you can crack the shell and eat them. So good. I understand they are good for the brain. And a chemical used in atypical drugs come from the Brazil nut. Interesting, maybe we all should eat more Brazil nuts.

Also have you notice how small the almonds have gotten over the last 40 years.

Also, I've wondering about the Snicker candy bar now made in Mexico, are they using Chinese peanuts?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Well, you've never had my nuts before. Served over a nice bed of veggies with some mandarin slices and just a hint of paprika.

You wont ever want to take your hands off them.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I don't even like going to parties anymore. I can barely get in the door and take my shoes off before everyone is rushing me and trying to grab my nuts. Women, children, men, the elderly. It's insane, I don't even fight it anymore. I just let them devour them. And when they are all done, it's all anyone can talk about for the rest of the night, how much they love the taste of my nuts.

I'm thinking of submitting the recipe to some cookbooks.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Brazil nuts are best if you can crack the shell and eat them. So good. I understand they are good for the brain. And a chemical used in atypical drugs come from the Brazil nut. Interesting, maybe we all should eat more Brazil nuts.

Also have you notice how small the almonds have gotten over the last 40 years.

Also, I've wondering about the Snicker candy bar now made in Mexico, are they using Chinese peanuts?

I am in Mexico right now and i can tell you that the nuts on those bars taste like when you are dreaming and you get hungry and try to eat something in your dream and it doesn't taste like anything... if you take out the nuts they are just like that, empty flavor, plain weird dead nuts LMFAO!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Soooooo glad I read the rest of the post

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Now they make almond and cashew milk, so you can drink all the nut juice you want

edit on 29-6-2018 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I like all kinds of them. My faves are filberts, Brazil, pistachio what ever happened to chestnuts? My all time favorite is hickory nut's right off the tree, like mini walnuts but less bitter. You never see them or chestnuts for sale retail anymore? Chestnut stuffing, mmm!
Also when i was real young, my grandfather would soak and leech out the bitterness of acorns with some odd brine and smoke them. Not sure of the method but remember them being real good.
edit on 29-6-2018 by Disenchanted1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Now they make almond and cashew milk, so you can drink all the nut juice you want

I feel like there's something very funny going on here but i'm not going to say what i think that is...
edit on 29-6-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I have always had a problem with constipation. But all I have to do is eat maybe fifteen peanuts and my constipation goes away. Almost any nut works, but peanuts are cheap. The peanuts start my colon a moving, I must have a little allergy to them. I know, I am off topic, spewing inappropriate content. But if I can help one person who is constipated a lot, I will feel it is worth it.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Cool. Now do rocky mountain oysters on a stick

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

I love Brazils.
When I was a child the common name was "n!gger toes."
Filberts and pecans are also great.
I could do without cashews, but cashew wine is delicious.
I'm totally into nuts.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Interesting note about Cashews...

I learned all about Cashew nuts when I was working over in SE Asia. They harvest them in Thailand and Vietnam. They have all sorts of strange properties. First, the "nut" is actually partially outside of the fruit, and the fruit itself is poisonous and toxic. Even though the harvesters wear gloves the chemicals in the fruit still actually eat their fingers eventually. It's like acid or caustic or something.

I actually love Cashews, but I learned the Cashews we get here in the US are basically rejects compared to real cashews. Cashews are graded and the high-grade Cashews fetch top dollar. Rejects over in that part of the world are like the best cashews you've ever seen here...and they're FABULOUS! The Cashews we get here in the US are like the rejects of the 'rejects' over there. You could buy about a pound of medium/high grade Cashews over there for a couple bucks, and they were off the rails good.

edit on 6/30/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Damn that title mad me laugh so hard. I bet the mods loved it. Lots of raised eyebrows. Anywho, it reminds me of a song.

By the way, peanuts are technically legumes.

On another note:

Cashews, Anacardium occidentale are in the same family as poison ivy and poison sumac. Like those plants, the cashew plant contains powerful chemical irritants known as anacardic acids, so handling and eating raw cashews will cause the familiar itchy skin reaction in people sensitive to the chemicals. People who are sensitive to one plant in the family, for example poison ivy, are likely to be sensitive to others.

Linky

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

That was kinda' the idea!

A risky title with some directly related content, but not what was probably expected.

All fun.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I actually have a funny story about Rocky Mountain Oysters.

We had some in the freezer when my in-laws were visiting (they're from Baltimore). So my wife suggest we have some "Rocky Mountain Oysters" (wink-wink to me). They were all excited so we fried a bunch of them up. The in-laws were loving them, all breaded and crispy with a little bit of hot sauce. At one point my MIL says..."You know, we just LOVE seafood, just any kind of seafood!"

I couldn't hold back any longer and busted out laughing. My MIL asks what I'm laughing about. Then she picks up her fork and knife into the air and asks (very sheepishly) what Rocky Mountain Oysters are, like 'they ARE seafood...aren't they????

By now I'm rolling laughing. My wife asks her mother..."You DO know what the difference between a bull and a steer is don't you??" My MIL looks at my FIL (who grew up on a farm, and had been keeping his mouth shut). My FIL says, Well, I do...Rocky Mountain Oysters!!

We all got a good laugh out of it, and they asked for them every night as an appetizer on their remaining nights of their visit.

LOL

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
How do you catch a squirrel?

Climb a tree and act like a nut.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
D'oh-nuts...

...mmmm d'oh-nuts...

edit on 30-6-2018 by madmac5150 because: It should be obvious...

edit on 30-6-2018 by madmac5150 because: Drats

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

You have a story for freakin' everything. And no, I don't want to know the story of why that is

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Truth be known...I've tried to LIVE every moment of my life!

Every single moment!

I love this place we call "life" and I've tried to experience every single moment of it.

You're right...and I actually hold back. I have many more stories. I've tried to understand and enjoy every single walk of life.

I am inquisitive to the end, and I am always interested in people, cultures and just life in general.

Thank you for making the observation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join