It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop uses taser on unarmed black man for crossing legs while sitting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: notsure1

That's why I'm not a cop.

You are to educated for them anyway..

I wouldn't go that far.....

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Rookseven

We get to see plenty of video i this case.. I don’t care what he did previously he obviously wasn’t being a threat at that moment.

Prior experience with the guy can't be used to get an idea of what he might do in the future?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: dragonridr

So you think tasering a guy in the back while he's sat down is acceptable for failing to follow instructions?
Gosh you should be the subject of the Crown with your meek submissive attitude to your police state.
I'm so glad Britain isn't like what we see time and time again on ATS.

He attacked a woman and was on drugs so yes he was shown to be violent and to avoid the police being injured it was a smart move. Being on PCP if he decided to attack again even a gun wouldnt stop him. People on PCP have been shot several times and the drugs causes them to not even realize they were shot.

As i said he already attacked someone and what we saw was the police trying to gain control.

The source does not say anything about him attacking anyone. Why not just stick to the facts.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

So you think tasering a guy in the back while he's sat down is acceptable for failing to follow instructions?
Gosh you should be the subject of the Crown with your meek submissive attitude to your police state.

He attacked a woman and was on drugs so yes he was shown to be violent and to avoid the police being injured it was a smart move. Being on PCP if he decided to attack again even a gun wouldnt stop him. People on PCP have been shot several times and the drugs causes them to not even realize they were shot.

As i said he already attacked someone and what we saw was the police trying to gain control.

The source does not say anything about him attacking anyone. Why not just stick to the facts.

Read it again the police told you why they were there. Apparently ypu wouldnt be able to follow directions either.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

We'll just have to disagree and move on then.
I think it was unnecessary. Different opinions is all.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Read it again the police told you why they were there. Apparently ypu wouldnt be able to follow directions either.

I read it show me where it says he attacked someone?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I am a grown American man if i did nothing wrong then yes screw their barking orders

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

It was so unnecessary . And unacceptable and I wish people would stop defending it so we can actually fix it..

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Police officers need to take precautions imagine that officers parents. She graduated the police academy first day on the job a man shoots her and 2 other officers. She died trying to defend people on the streets. Had those police taken charge of the situation she would still be alive. Instead he pulled out a gun and tried to kill the cops this is why officers are reluctant to approach someone until they know they have control.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Police officers need to take precautions imagine that officers parents. She graduated the police academy first day on the job a man shoots her and 2 other officers. She died trying to defend people on the streets. Had those police taken charge of the situation she would still be alive. Instead he pulled out a gun and tried to kill the cops this is why officers are reluctant to approach someone until they know they have control.

alot more of us are killed by them then vice versa..

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
they give absurd contradictory commands until they are allowed to shoot, thats standard operating procedure nowadays

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

As I said we just have to disagree and move on.
Using the death of another officer to support your arguments that tasering a guy in the back while he's sitting down and not trying to get up is pretty shameful in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

As I said we just have to disagree and move on.
Using the death of another officer to support your arguments that tasering a guy in the back while he's sitting down and not trying to get up is pretty shameful in my opinion.

So your using this incident to somehow bash police officers that put there lives on the line to be there when you need them. Are there bad officers of course but they are a small minority of the officers that try to protect you and make sure you can go into public without being shot by a thug.

Ive been in threads and ill be the first to day that officer needs to be fired or jailed. However im not going to go trying to gin up hostilities towards officers either. I get it you don't like police but you know what they will still show up when you need them because that's their job. And i doubt you would even understand believing in something enough to put your life on the line. That officer she was a marine then decided to become an officer she spent her life trying to protect people like you from others that would do you harm. Weird a cheerleader understands sacrifice and paid the ultimate price so you could have the right to bash the police. I hope you feel good about yourself
edit on 6/29/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
He was toying with that cop and did not cooperate..
I see a cop doing what was necessary to take control.
Oh and we did not see the full video, why he was being detained in the first place, I am sure he had a reason.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I'm in the UK, that officers death has no relevance to my life. A tragedy for friends and family of course but she was not protecting me. US cops have not given me any right to my speech here on ATS.
I still say you using her death as an argument in this thread about a guy tased in the back while sitting down is shameful.
edit on 29-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: Clarity, added 'not'

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SugarBom6

Not before he poses a threat in the present situation..

So what if you have gotten a dui they get to pull you over every time they see you???

A cop should not use force unless there is an immediate and credible threat to himself or others.. period.
edit on 29-6-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

I have no problem with an officer drawing , aiming and even threatening any time he feels it is appropriate, but you don’t squeeze the trigger until you confirm a threat..

And if the officer makes the wrong call and no threat was present, he should br fired and if grossly negligent, charged.
edit on 29-6-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Yea because the cop has a right to take control of you even if you haven’t done anything..

If a cop requests sexual favors even you should do it then file a complaint..

That’s ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

At the risk of being rude, I'd like to interject with some "information". From the article:

officers explained that Williams wanted to fight a group of three people and attempted to prevent the woman in the group from entering her apartment. The group said Williams “was known to them” and that he had been “exhibiting increasing erratic behavior” over the previous few days.

What I think a lot of people are missing here is two things. First, the picture.....the guy is sitting on the curb of a street. Second, the cops were told he was exhibiting increasing erratic behavior. Why taze the guy? When he wouldn't follow instructions and was acting erratically, my guess is they feared he would up and run across the street, possibly getting hit by a passing vehicle. It would be pretty much standard procedure to taze the guy if he's stoned off his gourd, acting erratic, BEFORE they try to handcuff him and otherwise restrain him to the point that they can put him in the squad car.

When these guys get hopped up on drugs they exhibit both unintelligibly erratic behavior and unnatural strength to the point that it sometimes takes 4 or more cops to wrestle one to the ground. At that point, the cops only have a few viable options: taze the perp, billy-club the perp unconscious, or throw a big net over the perp. They can't use billy-clubs much anymore and they don't, to my knowledge, carry big nets.

Anyway.....that's my take on it. Tazed him for his own (and theirs) protection so they could cuff the guy.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Interacting with partiers is a nightmare.

Many of them will push the limits of disobeying an order from police on purpose, to see what happens, and maybe get a settlement.

Eric Garner is the classic example. Dude had a list of 27 priors, and is illegally selling cigarettes to minors. What was the last thing he said to cops, before "I can't breathe?"

"I'm NOT going to jail today."

The public expectation is that the perp's actions have ZERO negative consequences, and the cops' acts are open to endless review. The cops are expected to be hall monitors, and protect the perps from themselves. The perp can make threatening moves, or just walk away. If the cop does anything, She or he is "over-reacting."

It's like being a public school teacher (I've done both). You have NO authority or respect from the population. They will say you haven't earned it. But the fact is you COULDN'T earn it. You're supposed to "stay nice" when someone assaults you, or wants to go back to beating his girlfriend. I worked with cops who had a jaw broken, were run over by an on-looker, one who had his gun grabbed out of his holster. And one who was shot and killed during a traffic stop.

I walked away from it. The job is just not doable. Cops rank below dentists on the public loathing scale.

Screw the public. I have a concealed carry permit. Haven't called the cops since.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

You're hilarious. You're like a caricature so I can't even take you seriously anymore. Either you're a troll or you're just out of touch with reality. Either way, I can't take anything you say seriously anymore.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join