It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wars For WATER, Not Oil!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: prevenge

So yes. War for water is a real prospect and it's potential only grows as climates change, people change and those most needy of water become less and less capable of inventing or investing in alternatives than easily obtainable water.

Agreed.
But let us bring the dehydrator...
The reverse osmosis....

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
This is nonsense.

There is more water underground than there is above. What we see is not all of it. There is no water shortage, or clean water shortage problem nor will there ever be.

Really?
I just made a post about underground AQUIFERS being owned. What aspect of that didn't you recieve as promptly as the rest?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: SR1TX

We've got the technology to access all sorts of things, we've got bore holes miles deep. Pumps that can move liquids over vast distances.

That's not the issue, cost is the issue. Until it's worth enough a lot of underground water will remain underground.

Those that need water seldom have the resources to get it. Otherwise they would.

WHOooo the HELL do you think you're stating "WE" are, when you claim this #??

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: prevenge

Humans.

We can bore wells to depths of 12000 feet easily, some new oil rigs can dig up to 35,000 feet. That's oil not water.

Honest question.

Do you think that nations who've developed such technology did it on their own or do you think that corporations will provide a service wherever a profit is viable?

I know the answer. Doesn't matter if it's the North Sea, USA, South America or the Middle East. Profit is profit.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
At least people in the future will know where to send their Christmas cards to the Bush descendants.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I am sorry to disagree and I mean no disrespect, but I don't see it happening. Granted I am not an expert or anyone "in the know", but I feel like a desalination plant is cheaper than a war. And we all know that it's always all about money.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join