It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. King says travel ban ruling gives Trump the authority to halt immigration from south

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
His statement is asinine in my opinion.

The President already had authority over immigration by law. Anyone with any common sense and a basic understanding of US law knew these ridiculous challenges from leftist judges was just more democrats trying to undermine Trump as part of their never ending temper tantrum.

Additionally, the "foundation" for the border wall was laid years ago, the funding for it had just been misappropriated.

So why did trump turn down the 25b a few months back?

Actually the president has ZERO authority over immigration according to the constitution.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker
a reply to: howtonhawky

Do you know how many people qualify as in danger for asylum? I would estimate it's in the billions. Laws help get those that are most in need or in more danger than those that flood our borders based upon a loop hole.

Also note what effects our war on drugs,welfare and foreign policy has on such claims and maybe realize we have many unspoken tools in the battle that we fail to address.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Actually the president has ZERO authority over immigration according to the constitution.

There are many reasons this is false. It has also been proven to you ad nauseam.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I'm a bit conflicted on immigration (as the 3rd generation of an immigrant family that came through legal channels, I'm all for the do-it-legally-or-not-at-all pov. I am, however, more than a little torn when it comes to the kids who were brought here while small and raised here but never naturalized for whatever reason), and I think that might just be the most sane comment on immigration I've seen anywhere on ATS. Put a pause on all of it, no matter where people are coming from, till we get our # sorted out.
Then when we REALLY know where we are, we can take a look at the laws and change anything we feel needs changed before starting things back up again.
edit on 27-6-2018 by riiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

There are many reasons this is false. It has also been proven to you ad nauseam.

Only false if you get into a time machine and go back and change the wording of the constitution.

Really are you gonna put words in the mouths of the writers of the document or even worse call them stupid for their choice of wording?

It is super simple........Forget what we have today and what we think we know and realize every word was used in context and chosen specifically.

One can immigrate without naturalizing

One can not naturalize without immigrating first.

Now understand they chose to give power of naturalization to the federal government.

They were not dumb and if they wanted it the way we have it now they would simply have used the word immigration where the word naturalization was used.

I do totally admit that we have givin power to the fed over immigration but that power does not stem from the choice the writers mane. We have went against their wishes.

I do not understand why many choose to ignore the wording just because it does not fit their current understanding.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Funny how when it comes to the 1st amendment or the second or even most of my post people cling to every word specifically in attempts to prove themselves but when it comes to this issue people choose to ignore and deny the words specifically.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

You should be very happy with our pres then. He is working to stop the flow of drugs across our borders as well as fighting the drug companies that push opioids. He is the first pres in many years to talk to our perceived enemies at the table without underhanded backroom dealings or launching missiles. You cant blame him for losing the war on drugs that happened many years ago.

Your right the situation in Mexico and South America is dire and doesn't look like anything going to get better before it gets worse. Today things are almost manageable at the border, but what about tomorrow when a huge crisis occurs and millions are at our border. Think how many would die trying to get here and how many Americans would be hurt, displaced, forgotten trying to manage such a crisis.

The wall needs to be built and the immigration process needs to be normalized. Both of these things are the job of the legislative branch. Everyone looks to Trump every time something goes wrong, but one has to remember there are three equal branches of government and from where i sit most of today's controversy or perceived controversy lies solely with the legislative and judicial branches of government.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join