It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maxine Waters Facing Assault Charge From Laura Loomer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
That's the snapshot and its lunchtime and all I am doing is reporting the story although one could argue that both of these ladies should be in a mud pit. MODS if you want to move this to Mud Pit go for it.

#QANON did say to garb the popcorn last week?

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

This comes after “Auntie Maxine” called for Democrats to stalk and harass Republican Trump supporters at gas stations, restaurants and whenever you see them out in public. Maxine thinks this type of abuse is civil? Laura Loomer asked Maxine, “Should conservatives sit in the back of the bus?” and “Where should conservatives eat?” Maxine Waters did not like the questioning and swatted at Laura.Text

www.liveleak.com...

Details short but looks like the charges have been filed for an alleged assault that took place relating to the video below. "Today I filed a police in Washington, D.C. to charges against Congresswoman Maxine Waters for assaulting me." bigleaguepolitics.com... Go Laura!

edit on 27-6-2018 by Jake56 because: added info

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
From what I've heard, Maxine Waters swatted Laura Loomer after Loomer asked her if conservatives need to sit at the back of the bus.

Which, indeed, is misdemeanor assault.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Jake56

OK, look, I despise Maxine Waters and think she's a total loon same as any other normal individual does... but that's a weak assault charge. Contacting someone's camera lightly with a sheet of paper, breaking nothing, causing zero injury, isn't assault. This is the type of frivolous nonsense that makes people look like they're attention whoring rather than being serious about things.

ETA: Laura Loomer with black hair is a hottie. She's got that Morticia Addams vibe working. If I was on the jury for this I'd award her all the money.
edit on 27-6-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I agree with you on the nonsense part, but that old battle ax should just go away

edit on 27-6-2018 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

lmao, looks to me like Loomer was doing exactly what Mad Maxine was demanding of her people to do? Wonder why Maxine acted so scared to answer a question?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

If she's in the same county where the offense allegedly took place, would the authorities show up at Max's residence or place of work and cart her off in handcuffs? Or do politicians get special treatment when it comes to law breaking and criminal charges (this is a rhetorical question)?

edit on 27-6-2018 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

link   

Look what the others did to McConnell, Sanders and the others. Looks like they are in FEAR of the Democratic National Party and just walked away.

How about a democratic shout out hey hey hoo hoo Gasoline Maxine has got to go.

Why are the shrinks not opining on her mental condition as they do on Sir Donald. Hmmm.

link   
It's time for Maxine to go. It's time for a lot of swamp critters on both sides to go. And I admit I didn't watch all the vid because it seemed just more of the same boring rhetoric and division and it's hard for me to listen to or look at Maxine for long.

Having said that, Loomer did seem like she was being exceptionally persistent and staying all up in Maxine's business. The backlash and publicity against Waters from both sides has been encouraging and sufficient for once, I think Loomer was also trying for some spotlight time and it's hard for me to rally much moral outrage about Mad Max sticking her hand on her camera or whatever.

edit on 27-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

You're right, it's not assault--it's battery in most places.

But just an FYI (and you may know this), assault does not necessitate ANY contact or injury.

Legally, she has legs to stand on, and personally, I like seeing these politicians held accountable for their actions, even if I think it's silly in this particular situation.

ETA:

Nevermind, I hadn't seen the video yet, and I just watched it--it appears to be incidental contact trying to block the camera. This appears to be frivolous.
edit on 27-6-2018 by SlapMonkey because: I changed my mind

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

She gets the cream puffs treatment with marshmallows. Along with a smoke and a pancake.

edit on 27-6-2018 by Jake56 because: added

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I'll just leave this here.

www.roanoke.com...

Radford bakery that turned Biden away sells out of 'freedom cookies'

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This is nonsense.
I saw the video.
There is absolutely no need at all to do anything other than let mad Maxine speak. She is golden for the Republicans.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
From what I've heard, Maxine Waters swatted Laura Loomer after Loomer asked her if conservatives need to sit at the back of the bus.

Which, indeed, is misdemeanor assault.

Would that be assault or battery?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Oh and as a followup in private industry one can be terminated for just a swat of a piece of paper and making gentle contact with another persons electronic device. Same law should apply to her.

Reference: Delphi Thermal Systems; 2001 HVAC launch

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I have seen someone in private industry do the exact same thing to another guys electronic pager and employee badge and get terminated for it by Human Resources. I was a witness. It was a joke but it happened.

Dilly dilly Maxine!

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think Mad Max deserves all the derision we can muster....but come on.
Assault charges for flapping a piece of paper at a camera? pfft.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I agree it is a weak assault, however, sometimes it is the principle that matters. If the Left wants to lace their actions and rhetoric with violence then they need to be willing to pay the price. I hope she takes Maxine to civil court and wins $1 on the principle that violence isn’t acceptable for adults and especially congresswomen.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Laura needs to take lesson from this broad - this happened locally and cracks me up every time I see it.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This is so sad. Everybody leave Maxine alone and let her be herself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join